Thread: The steelers record this year

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

The steelers record this year

http://www.steelers.com/schedule-and...-schedule.html

I predict 8-8 or 9-7 and maybe the playoffs for the steelers this year

U.S. AIR FORCE Array title="Hindes204 has much to be proud of"> Hindes204's Avatar

Re: The steelers record this year

7-9

Senior Member Array title="Buckinnuts is on a distinguished road"> Buckinnuts's Avatar

13-3

KNOCKIN ON 7'S DOOR!

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

9-7, maybe 10-6.

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    http://www.steelers.com/schedule-and...-schedule.html

I predict 8-8 or 9-7 and maybe the playoffs for the steelers this year
    I think this is probably right. Because of all the changes, it's going to take time. I said the same thing last year, but that was on the offense. This year, I'm thinking defense. It'll take 4-6 games for them to really gel as a defensive unit. I know, I know, people will yell and scream that their professionals, that it shouldn't take that long. But the fact is, they have to learn each others' strengths, weaknesses, reactions, etc. We're also young on defense now, so there's going to be mistakes that need to be worked out.

My hope is that we don't put ourselves in such a hole in the first half that we can't climb out in the second half. I'm thinking we are 3-5 in the first eight, and 6-2 in the last eight. If we can sneak one more win in either half of the season, we're in the playoffs.

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

I think it all comes down to one question.

Is our defense going to be any better than last year?
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Quote Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
    I think it all comes down to one question.

Is our defense going to be any better than last year?
    Possible

The only elite offense that the steelers will play against this year,this is the saints and the saints have not been dominant on the road in the last 3 years

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

I will go 10-6 and the playoffs. If Dalton struggles with consistency, the Bengals regress due to losing two corrdinators, and if neither Rice nor Flacco improve from last year, that should be enough for the division, but if Dalton or Flacco have career years or if Rice can get back on track, then the division will be out of reach

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

They will still win 10 games. So much pessimism after the preseason...it just kills me how seriously people take it.

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
    They will still win 10 games. So much pessimism after the preseason...it just kills me how seriously people take it.
    I can understand the pessimism, after seeing the game 3 debacle and nobody looking impressive other than Shazier in the game against the bills. Also take into effect the past 2 years at 8-8 and you have more than enough reason to be pessimistic. The defense has not been dominant and the kicking game still sucks, and we keep Landry Jones on the team and cut Carter???

All that being said I am taking into consideration that we have a pretty light schedule and say that we will be 10-6.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
    I would take this preseason more seriously if Ben played more, but he didn't. i know he played mostly against the Eagles, but I think that was more a case of the Eagles being more prepared and the defense going against an unfamiliar offense

The game against the Eagles is a big concern for me.In defense, it was like the game against the Pats last year and the offense was terrible as in the first 4 games from last year.And it was starter vs starter in the first half

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

10-6. But they won't be as good as 10-6. Their scedule is rather easy and quite frankly, if they beat the Ravens in Week 2, they could wind up being 7-1 halfway through the season with a loss to the Colts.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

It all depends on the Defense. I think the O will carry its weight this year. I think our second half of the season will see a stronger D than the first half.

I'm going to go 11-5, because Ben is going to have an above average year.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

9-7. The AFC North is the NFC West from 5 years ago.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="one side only is a jewel in the rough"> one side only's Avatar

10 - 6
    Browns W
    at Ravens L
    at Panthers W
    Bucs W
    at Jaguars W
    at Browns W
    Texans W
    Colts L
    Ravens W
    at Jets W
    at Titans L
    Saints L
    at Bengals L
    at Falcons L
    Chiefs W
    Bengals W

Quote Originally Posted by one side only View Post
    10 - 6
    Browns W
    at Ravens L
    at Panthers W
    Bucs W
    at Jaguars W
    at Browns W
    Texans W
    Colts L
    Ravens W
    at Jets W
    at Titans L
    Saints L
    at Bengals L
    at Falcons L
    Chiefs W
    Bengals W
    I didn't give the schedule a close look. Dang, had this been the team from three years ago, I'd predict a possible 16-0 or 15-1.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

11-5. Favorable schedule. Defense will be a work in progress as they incorporate all the new blood into it. But I think the offense picks up where it left off last season, and maybe even takes it up a notch if the line improves as I think it will.
    Replacing Sanders and Cotchery will be the key. We really didn't get enough of a sample in preseason to figure out where this stands?
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

16-0

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Steeler View Post
    16-0
    19-0.

Seriously, 10-6. Due to all the roster turnover and all the new blood, particularly on defense, I don't think things are really going to click until 6-8 games into the season.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

10-6 because of the schedule. I don't know if this team is championship material, but we'll probably make the playoffs because most of the AFC sucks shit now, and we might even win a postseason game or two for that same reason.

Like ... if we won the division and ended up facing the Chiefs or the Chargers and then the Jets, and wham, suddenly out of nowhere we're in the AFCCG. Laugh if you want, but those are the kinds of teams that are in the running. Now I feel better.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

8-8.

The only fighting chance the Steelers have this year is that the rest of the AFC is also very mediocre/subpar and may even make the postseason because of it. When a team as substandard as the 2013 Steelers were just one step away from the playoffs, you know your conference is weak.

The AFC is probably the weakest it's ever been since the 1990's. So much mediocrity across the board and hardly anyone is scary. The only teams that are to be feared are the Pats and Broncos. Everyone else? Meh.

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

Anywhere between 8-8 and 10-6.

Scouting talent downunder Array title="Aussie_steeler is a name known to all"> Aussie_steeler's Avatar

6 - 10

Positives
    1. Elite QB ( great in no huddle)
    2. 100 catch #1 WR
    3. Game Changing SS / quality SS backup
    4. Improved ILB corp

Negative
    1. lack of team depth across the board ( other than SS and ILB)
    2. lack of NFL quality pass rush
    3. lack of NFL quality Run D
    4. predictable Offensive play calling
    5. CB's playing 10 yards off who will not be allowed to play physical under new rules. They will get flagged or they will get beat.
    6. Mentally weak team. Game changing big plays and undisciplined fouls will kill momentum

The 2014 Steelers will try to play a high octane new age NFL style game. Ben and AB can do this. Can the others? I doubt it.

The 2014 Steelers will try to go score for score with other teams. What will ultimately kill them will be another year of losing the turnover battle. I cannot see an increase in interceptions, sacks and fumble recoveries.

The 2014 Steelers will again lose games to teams they should dominate.

A generational change is upon us. I see a solid corp of young players that you can build a very good team around. I just don't see a persona / mentality / mind set / swagger that indicates this team is capable of dominating and teaching those players to grow into greatness. I don't see this team fighting to the end for each other particularly when I see them getting stoned an hour before a flight for an away game.

This team is lacking quality leadership from top to bottom across the whole organisation.
    This is a self entitled old boys club. (With the CB corp looking like it does, you bolster it with a William & Mary nobody. Seriously.)

I hope I am proven wrong and made to eat crow.
    If not heads will need to roll. (that is me being optimistic)

"NUMBER 7 FOR OUR BELOVED ONE IN HEAVEN"

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie_steeler View Post
    6 - 10

Positives
    1. Elite QB ( great in no huddle)
    2. 100 catch #1 WR
    3. Game Changing SS / quality SS backup
    4. Improved ILB corp

Negative
    1. lack of team depth across the board ( other than SS and ILB)
    2. lack of NFL quality pass rush
    3. lack of NFL quality Run D
    4. predictable Offensive play calling
    5. CB's playing 10 yards off who will not be allowed to play physical under new rules. They will get flagged or they will get beat.
    6. Mentally weak team. Game changing big plays and undisciplined fouls will kill momentum

The 2014 Steelers will try to play a high octane new age NFL style game. Ben and AB can do this. Can the others? I doubt it.

The 2014 Steelers will try to go score for score with other teams. What will ultimately kill them will be another year of losing the turnover battle. I cannot see an increase in interceptions, sacks and fumble recoveries.

A generational change is upon us. I see a solid corp of young players that you can build a very good team around. I just don't see a persona / mentality / mind set / swagger that indicates this team is capable of dominating and teaching those players to grow into greatness. I don't see this team fighting to the end for each other particularly when I see them getting stoned an hour before a flight for an away game.

This team is lacking quality leadership from top to bottom across the whole organisation.
    This is a self entitled old boys club. (With the CB corp looking like it does, you bolster it with a William & Mary nobody. Seriously.)

I hope I am proven wrong and made to eat crow.
    If not heads will need to roll. (that is me being optimistic)

Peregrin? Peregrin Took? Is that you? The palantír of Orthanc has been stolen and I fear someone is using it to make predictions about the football season.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Scouting talent downunder Array title="Aussie_steeler is a name known to all"> Aussie_steeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    Peregrin? Peregrin Took? Is that you? The palantír of Orthanc has been stolen and I fear someone is using it to make predictions about the football season.
    Just looking for an intelligence upgrade at Running back

Last edited by Aussie_steeler; 09-01-2014 at 06:14 AM. Reason: typo

"NUMBER 7 FOR OUR BELOVED ONE IN HEAVEN"

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie_steeler View Post
    6 - 10

Negative

QFT
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    11-5. Favorable schedule. Defense will be a work in progress as they incorporate all the new blood into it. But I think the offense picks up where it left off last season, and maybe even takes it up a notch if the line improves as I think it will.
    Replacing Sanders and Cotchery will be the key. We really didn't get enough of a sample in preseason to figure out where this stands?
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Steeler View Post
    It all depends on the Defense. I think the O will carry its weight this year. I think our second half of the season will see a stronger D than the first half.

I'm going to go 11-5, because Ben is going to have an above average year.
    Pretty accurate prognosticators.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Pretty accurate prognosticators.
    Before the season I was pretty good. During the season though I'm a wreck and ebb and flow as does the team. More than once I gave up on this team for dead.

XT was pretty accurate with his preseason prediction, but much more impressive was how he never lost faith in his early prediction and insisted even in the worst of moments that this team be a playoff team!
    "A man's got to know his limitations."