Thread: Ben Roethlisberger: Markus Wheaton will surprise

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Ben Roethlisberger: Markus Wheaton will surprise

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: Ben Roethlisberger: Markus Wheaton will surprise

From the link above. No need to direct members to go to another website.

Ben Roethlisberger called second-year receiver Markus Wheaton "key" to the Pittsburgh Steelers' offense in 2014.

After Wheaton struggled mightily down the stretch of his rookie campaign -- zero catches in the final six games -- Big Ben believes the receiver's offseason work has positioned him to become a playmaker.

"He's a young guy people don't know about yet," Roethlisberger said, per the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. "He hasn't earned that respect, which is probably rightfully so, because he hasn't done much. But I'm excited for him because I think he's going to surprise a lot of people."

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Super Moderator and Lone hawks fan Array title="Devilsdancefloor has a reputation beyond repute"> Devilsdancefloor's Avatar

after what i seen last night the kid has 0 confidence and they feed him targets and he caught 2.

For those i love i will sacrifice.

Si ventus non est, remiga

Administrator Array title="Texasteel has a reputation beyond repute"> Texasteel's Avatar

Too be honest a lot of his targets were when Ben was throwing the ball all over the place, and we can't really blame Wheaton for not making the catch. Later in the game when Ben seemed to get on track Wheation did make a couple of nice catches. Will he be what we hope he will be, I don't know, but I did see a WR with a lot of tallent, and a willingness to work to get open. I think the young man will be just fine, just how fine remains to be see. We do need him to keep getting better though.

Every good receiver, even the most humble ones, go onto the field thinking that there is not a man out there that they can not beat. That is where we need Wheaton to get to.

AML

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

He better start catching some damn balls and creating some separation. Sitting here watch Kelvin Benjamin tear it up against Patriots #1s
    Merry Christmas

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
    He better start catching some damn balls and creating some separation. Sitting here watch Kelvin Benjamin tear it up against Patriots #1s
    He is beating Revis regularly
    Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
    He is beating Revis regularly
    jeremy maclin was reportedly beating him regularly a while back when the eagles/patriots had practice together as well
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Dwinsgames

I have yet to be surprised by Wheaton to this point ... he looks VERY average to me and to be honest that is what I have said all along , he is an average WR ... so unless he steps it up BIGTIME from what we have witnessed to this point there wont be any surprises

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

I'm confident Wheaton will step it up and git r' done. If not, I'll punch him in the throat. Or kick him in the beans. Whatever I feel like that day.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

I've already caught a smart-assed barb from a Broncos fan about Sanders - "Hey, thanks for Sanders, dude!"

Sure, just remember to come thank me again after the games have started to count and he winds up alligator-arming a catch he should make in a critical situation when you guys need it the most, "dude."

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Outside of Antonio Brown, I'm not feeling too confident on any of these guys. It's one thing to drop balls, or not have these tall guys elevate and contest, but the outside blocking is piss poor. If we are going to continue to utilize these outside the hash screen/flat passes, we are going to have to improve significantly or we are going to be fighting 2nd and 10 way too often.

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    I've already caught a smart-assed barb from a Broncos fan about Sanders - "Hey, thanks for Sanders, dude!"

Sure, just remember to come thank me again after the games have started to count and he winds up alligator-arming a catch he should make in a critical situation when you guys need it the most, "dude."
    Sanders will be just fine for the Broncos. Manning will make him better and he'll probably put up big numbers. There's no reason to doubt it. The difference is if he alligator arms a catch in practice, Manning will stay with him on the field until midnight making sure he never does it again. It won't be like Wallace going to the Dolphins. I'm happy for the kid that he landed in a place that will make him a star. Good for Sanders and his family.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SteelMember View Post
    Outside of Antonio Brown, I'm not feeling too confident on any of these guys. It's one thing to drop balls, or not have these tall guys elevate and contest, but the outside blocking is piss poor. If we are going to continue to utilize these outside the hash screen/flat passes, we are going to have to improve significantly or we are going to be fighting 2nd and 10 way too often.
    I haven't had the stomach to watch the Eagles game yet, but in the Bills game I saw Lance Moore miss a block on a screen pass that might have let Archer run for daylight. We have to get that stuff cleaned up. It's already one place that I'm seeing Moore as a downgrade from Cotchery: blocking. But maybe it was a one game thing and he'll pick up his game.

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

The blocking by the WRs in preseason has been terrible. They might as well not even run the bubble screen. Wait, that might be a good thing. 😄
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Great start for him!

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Let Ben call the plays and watch a better offense unfold. I would say we have a better chance of going deep like that than with Haley.
    All Defense!

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Must say, nice game by Wheaton. Keep it up.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

So far proven correctly