Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Blount, Bell Charged With Marijuana Possession

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Re: Blount, Bell Charged With Marijuana Possession

Even though the conversation about weed levels and such could be considered informative, the fact that he told the cop he just smoked will make that case a lot easier for the State. You just told the cop you did something illegal "a bit ago"... Sheesh.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by smokin3000gt View Post
    Some people need to dial it down a notch. No doubt it was stupid but some are carrying on like they were cooking meth and selling it to school children during lunch.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

You think it's why the Steelers don't have artificial turf?
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hindes204 View Post
    Wait wait wait...did I really just read a conversation about weed addiction? Is this real life? Do you people arguing that have any experience with weed at all? I'm sorry, but that's just effin asinine. SC, we hardly disagree about much, but citing a govt study from a govt hell bent on keeping it illegal, is hardly going to convince otherwise. Withdrawal symptoms?? That makes me laugh. Like I asked before, do any of you making these claims have any experience with the drug whatsoever?
    My thoughts exactly.
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

Senior Member Array title="Jaucer is on a distinguished road">

midwest ohio home of the MAC high school conference

My thoughts exactly.
    I won't get into the ramifications of smoking weed. It probably isn't any worse than drinking alcohol, smoking tobacco or chewing tobacco. I don't know as I've never smoked it, never have never will. Closet I can claim is second hand smoke at rock concerts and some frat parties back in college. But to say it isn't addictive is bs. It may not be as addictive as some other illegal drugs but it's addictive none the less. Just like tobacco, alcohol, or even caffeine, hell even sex. Many things are addictive. It's the type of addiction that can really make some drugs worse than others. So while you may be able to quit pot cold turkey easier than other drugs and some people can easier than others, some people have an addictive nature, doesn't mean it's not addictive. I'm not talking about any government studies, but rather 1st hand knowledge of some guys I knew that let pot cost them relationships with family, cost them their college education, & more. If that's not addiction then what is? The ability of the drug to control you or you control the drug is what defines addiction. When these guys let the need for pot come before the team and their jobs then that is an addiction. I make drink more than my fair share of alcohol but if I know I have to be at work in a few hours, I sure as hell am not going to drink. Same should go for pot or any other drug.

Senior Member Array title="XxKnightxX has a spectacular aura about"> XxKnightxX's Avatar

The fact that makes it worse it's that it's our number 1 and number 2 back in the same fucking car. If I was Tomlin and Rooney id just sit their dumbasses down in the office and just GLARE AT THEM for as long as possible. And see who cracks down first.

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jaucer View Post
    I won't get into the ramifications of smoking weed. It probably isn't any worse than drinking alcohol, smoking tobacco or chewing tobacco. I don't know as I've never smoked it, never have never will. Closet I can claim is second hand smoke at rock concerts and some frat parties back in college. But to say it isn't addictive is bs. It may not be as addictive as some other illegal drugs but it's addictive none the less. Just like tobacco, alcohol, or even caffeine, hell even sex. Many things are addictive. It's the type of addiction that can really make some drugs worse than others. So while you may be able to quit pot cold turkey easier than other drugs and some people can easier than others, some people have an addictive nature, doesn't mean it's not addictive. I'm not talking about any government studies, but rather 1st hand knowledge of some guys I knew that let pot cost them relationships with family, cost them their college education, & more. If that's not addiction then what is? The ability of the drug to control you or you control the drug is what defines addiction. When these guys let the need for pot come before the team and their jobs then that is an addiction. I make drink more than my fair share of alcohol but if I know I have to be at work in a few hours, I sure as hell am not going to drink. Same should go for pot or any other drug.
    I didn't really want to get into a debate about pot, or my beliefs which is why I simply concurred with Hindes.
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Too much pot makes you stupid. So stupid in fact you tell a cop you just smoked it and didn't know it was illegal to while driving. Everybody is cool right?
    All Defense!

Quote Originally Posted by Hindes204 View Post
    Wait wait wait...did I really just read a conversation about weed addiction? Is this real life? Do you people arguing that have any experience with weed at all? I'm sorry, but that's just effin asinine. SC, we hardly disagree about much, but citing a govt study from a govt hell bent on keeping it illegal, is hardly going to convince otherwise. Withdrawal symptoms?? That makes me laugh. Like I asked before, do any of you making these claims have any experience with the drug whatsoever?
    My thoughts exactly.
    Anecdotal experience does not equate to scientific fact. And, the studies are not just "government" studies. They've been done around the world, with a number of different methods, and their coming up with some distinct conclusions. This isn't the thread for it, so I won't derail it anymore. If you're interested in continuing this discussion, open another thread and I'll post my information. But please, don't continue posting anecdotal information about how it affected "you" and assume that is true for everyone.

Some people can also smoke crack, and the put it down and walk away. That doesn't mean everyone else can. And no, I'm not comparing the two drugs. I'm saying that anecdotal info has nothing to do with the overall reality.

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post

Some people can also smoke crack, and the put it down and walk away. That doesn't mean everyone else can. And no, I'm not comparing the two drugs. I'm saying that anecdotal info has nothing to do with the overall reality.
    Some people can drink alcohol and not get addicted. Others, not so much.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    Some people can also smoke crack, and the put it down and walk away. That doesn't mean everyone else can.
    Not sure why, but this post reminded me of this...

"So that's a crack ho!"

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar