Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Blount, Bell Charged With Marijuana Possession

U.S. AIR FORCE Array title="Hindes204 has much to be proud of"> Hindes204's Avatar

Re: Blount, Bell Charged With Marijuana Possession

Quote Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
    DUMB.

That's all there is to it.

I'm also for legalization, but I don't care if it's legal or not. You simply DO NOT smoke pot and then drive. Fucking STUPID.

I hate Goodell, but I hope he suspends them both just for being idiots. Wait until your career is over, at the very least, because as long as it's illegal, you are subject to league discipline.

MORONS!
    I agree. I am also for legalization, but I am bound by a contract in the military that says my career will be in jeopardy if I choose to smoke. So I choose not to. Why can't these millionaires be expected to do the same

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

If neither has a prior drug positive neither will be suspended. Even with the arrest recreational drugs are punished according to the CBA. Goodell can't act unilaterally. I'm almost certain both will be eligible to play all 16 games.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

STEELER NATION RULES ! Array title="katmandu has much to be proud of"> katmandu's Avatar

Smile Re: Blount, Bell Charged With Marijuana Possession

ROGLMGAO !!!!

That is ALL you can do at this point is LYFAO (LaughYourF**kingAssOFF) at how STUPID these (2) MORONS are !

If I wasn't LMFAO so hard I'd be SUICIDAL !!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post

"Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." -- Mark Twain

Support Steelers Universe with a Donation via PayPal !

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/foru....php?do=donate

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Count Steeler View Post
    They both need a Joe Green foot in the A$$. Stupid idiots….todays NFL.

STEELER NATION RULES ! Array title="katmandu has much to be proud of"> katmandu's Avatar

Smile Re: Blount, Bell Charged With Marijuana Possession

ROGLMGAO !!!!

That is ALL you can do at this point is LYFAO (LaughYourF**kingAssOFF) at how STUPID these (2) MORONS are !

If I wasn't LMFAO so hard I'd be SUICIDAL !!!!!!!!!! (J/K!! on the suicidal)

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post

"Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." -- Mark Twain

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Lovely.

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    If neither has a prior drug positive neither will be suspended. Even with the arrest recreational drugs are punished according to the CBA. Goodell can't act unilaterally. I'm almost certain both will be eligible to play all 16 games.
    Doesn't discount their stupidity and arrogance.

According to a Tweet from Charlie Batch (past Union Rep), they both WILL get suspended!

I think it's time for the whole team to have a BLANKET PARTY on these 2 dipshits !

Senior Member Array title="Steeltreal will become famous soon enough"> Steeltreal's Avatar

there goes my fantasy team
    "It comes with the Territory" - Floyd 'Money' Mayweather

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Of course this was a guy who suspended Big Ben for baseless accusations that went nowhere, no doubt they will suspend those two for actually committing a crime

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Players like Troy and Keisel must have a real hard deal dealing with knuckleheads like this.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Dwayne Bowe only got suspended for most recently for one game...no?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="SteelMayhem72 has much to be proud of"> SteelMayhem72's Avatar

We better be trying to find some rb's...what were these idiots thinking??? Im so pissed off about this!! This has a HUGE affect on the whole team especially with Bell...I was really anticipating a good year from them but now with your 2 main rb's facing suspension i dont know...I definitely say cut blount after they are formally charged!!

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Probably close to half the league smokes pot on a semi regular basis or more. Players with no previous positives are tested once in the spring for recreational drugs. They know well in advance when the test will be administered. So obviously if they can clean up their act in time for that test they're free and clear to do as they want the rest of the year. As long as they don't get caught by the law. These guys (Blount and Bell) were stupid to be caught driving around with it. But if you think they're the only Steelers smoking then you're off your meds.

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

"With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Assuming they can put off a trial until next year the league's hands will be tied until the case is adjudicated.

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

More on arrests of Steelers RBs LeVeon Bell and LeGarrette Blount:
    Bell and Blount will be charged with marijuana possession following a traffic stop Wednesday afternoon. Ross Township detective Brian Kohlhepp said traffic officer Sean Stafiej pulled over a Camaro operated by Bell around 1:30 p.m. after Stafiej, who was on a motorcycle, noticed a strong odor of marijuana coming from the vehicle. Stafiej found a 20 gram bag of marijuana inside the car. Bell, Blount and a female passenger all claimed ownership of the marijuana according to police. Bell, 22, was taken to a hospital to have blood drawn and is expected to be charged with driving under the influence of marijuana. Bell, Blount and the female passenger were arrested and released. All three are expected to receive notice of formal charges through the mail said Kohlhepp. The possession and DUI charges are both misdemeanors. The Steelers play a preseason game in Philadelphia on Thursday.
    From Adam Schefter facebook

Junior Member Array title="Mamaduck43 has a brilliant future">

Krap....... Damn entitled kids..... If the league doesn't stomp on them, our home office should..... Just when I was feeling pretty good about our season...... AAAARRRRRGGggggghhhh!!!!

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="TMC has a spectacular aura about">

I do not know why Batch states they would get suspended. The first offense in the Substance Abuse Policy gets you into the program and does not carry a mandatory suspension. You are considered to be in Stage 1 of the "Intervention". If you mess up then, you can be fined/suspended up to 3 games (it is usually 1) and moved to Stage 2. If you mess up in Stage 2, you are suspended 4 games. You can actually have another mistake in Stage two, which carries stiffer suspensions before moving to Stage 3. In Stage 3, you are banished from the NFL and are forced to apply for reinstatement after serving, at least, one year away.

So, unless the Steelers suspend both players for conduct detrimental, then I think Goodell will face an uphill battle suspending these two (if both are not in the program).

As for the legal charges, it is $500 and up to 30 days in jail for the possession and the DUI will be separate. Probably see both guys in week 1.

Still, not a good thing to be in the program. Any mistake screws you.

Senior Member Array title="TMC has a spectacular aura about">

Also, since Bell has not had legal issues prior, he could apply for PTI and have this expunged.

- - - Updated - - -

Have to also add that any suspension could be fought by the NFLPA, since they do have a policy in place with set punishments and any fine/suspension would be circumventing the policy.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

https://www.facebook.com/AdamSchefte...959085?fref=nf

More on arrests of Steelers RBs LeVeon Bell and LeGarrette Blount:
    Bell and Blount will be charged with marijuana possession following a traffic stop Wednesday afternoon. Ross Township detective Brian Kohlhepp said traffic officer Sean Stafiej pulled over a Camaro operated by Bell around 1:30 p.m. after Stafiej, who was on a motorcycle, noticed a strong odor of marijuana coming from the vehicle. Stafiej found a 20 gram bag of marijuana inside the car. Bell, Blount and a female passenger all claimed ownership of the marijuana according to police. Bell, 22, was taken to a hospital to have blood drawn and is expected to be charged with driving under the influence of marijuana. Bell, Blount and the female passenger were arrested and released. All three are expected to receive notice of formal charges through the mail said Kohlhepp. The possession and DUI charges are both misdemeanors. The Steelers play a preseason game in Philadelphia on Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by TMC View Post
    I do not know why Batch states they would get suspended. The first offense in the Substance Abuse Policy gets you into the program and does not carry a mandatory suspension. You are considered to be in Stage 1 of the "Intervention". If you mess up then, you can be fined/suspended up to 3 games (it is usually 1) and moved to Stage 2. If you mess up in Stage 2, you are suspended 4 games. You can actually have another mistake in Stage two, which carries stiffer suspensions before moving to Stage 3. In Stage 3, you are banished from the NFL and are forced to apply for reinstatement after serving, at least, one year away.

So, unless the Steelers suspend both players for conduct detrimental, then I think Goodell will face an uphill battle suspending these two (if both are not in the program).

As for the legal charges, it is $500 and up to 30 days in jail for the possession and the DUI will be separate. Probably see both guys in week 1.

Still, not a good thing to be in the program. Any mistake screws you.

Bell could face suspension for DUI if his blood comes back at a level that indicates he was intoxicated. But not until after the case is adjudicated. Which in my opinion wont happen in this calender year, and in fact will likely get put off until after the Steelers season is over.

If neither is already in the system I would guess that neither will face league discipline for the possession charge. But they both will be in the system after the charges are adjudicated and subject to year round random testing from that point on. Which in Bell's case might be a good thing.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

I think the Rooney's will suspended them regardless of what the NFL does and I don't think they will wait.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

This might not be too bad if Ben plays at a high level and the pass o is clicking. Impact will be even less if the defense can elevate it's game

Dwinsgames

Bell did not travel with team to Philly

Archer is going to be busy.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    I think the Rooney's will suspended them regardless of what the NFL does and I don't think they will wait.

Precedent was set with Holmes in 2006 when Tomlin set him down for 1 game. Can't see why this would be any more than that?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    Bell did not travel with team to Philly

He's at Mercy Hospital having Tomlin's foot removed from his A$$!