Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steelers and DE Brett Keisel have reached agreement

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Steelers and DE Brett Keisel have reached agreement

Adam SchefterVerified account
    ‏@AdamSchefter
    Steelers and DE Brett Keisel have reached agreement. Keisel back to Pittsburgh, per league source.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...50676541280256

Senior Member Array title="Drazo85 has a reputation beyond repute"> Drazo85's Avatar
    Tetris Champion! Jungle Fruit Champion!

Re: Steelers and DE Brett Keisel have reached agreement

Im loving it. Dont know how this affect our roster, depth chart,... And i dont care. The Beard is back.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Seriously???????? I saw on Twitter this afternoon he was headed to Zona for a physical.

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited by stillers4me; 08-19-2014 at 05:41 PM.

Dwinsgames

this could be a sign that Cam Thomas is on his way out the door

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

DA BEARD IS BACK! And why am I not surprised he was in Arizona taking a physical?

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Thats a bit of a surprise. Thomas may be gone.

Super Moderator and Lone hawks fan Array title="Devilsdancefloor has a reputation beyond repute"> Devilsdancefloor's Avatar

https://www.facebook.com/BrettKeisel

but who is gonna get cut? there is a 10 man PS now, so maybe this played into it?

For those i love i will sacrifice.

Si ventus non est, remiga

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Sounds like somebody on the D-Line is not on the Coaches' side. Probably Cam Thomas.

Welp, we have that veteran presence on the Defense. Maybe we can play a "Win it for Brett" angle this year.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO i wanna hear more about Cam Thomas & his dirty dick
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

So i missed the first preseason game and paid little attention to him in the 2nd preseason game. Has Cam Thomas really been that bad in the past two games that he could be cut? Or is it because of his...ehem..."condition."

Looking to hear some opinions here
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

I welcome back The Beard but I hope that it's not one of the young guys that gets cut because of this signing. I'm fine with Cam Thomas going bye bye though. He's JAG.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Steeler View Post
    Thats a bit of a surprise. Thomas may be gone.
    I think its more likely that Cameron Heyward and Kiesel are the starters this year with Tuitt backing up one side and Thomas making the team as a backup at both DE and DT. McLendon and McCullers would man the middle and we would put one of the young DE's on the PS as an insurance policy.
    "I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play"

-- Jack Lambert --

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Hopefully a young promising DE doesn't get cut because of Keisel's presence. I also hope he doesn't siphon any reps away from Tuitt. Does Keisel even have anything left in the tank or was this entirely a sentimental move

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Not a terrible signing. Thank Arizona for getting that ball going.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Roses are Red
    Keisel is back
    I hope Johnny Football
    Is the first one you sack!

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Hopefully a young promising DE doesn't get cut because of Keisel's presence. I also hope he doesn't siphon any reps away from Tuitt. Does Keisel even have anything left in the tank or was this entirely a sentimental move
    He's a one year Veteran stop-gap. He will play a lot early... and gradually Tuitt will pick up reps as he learns the system. Cam will be a Vet backup simply because he can play anywhere on the line...and McCullers will make the 53 because he wouldn't last a minute on the waiver wire.
    "I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play"

-- Jack Lambert --

Senior Member Array title="Steelerette has much to be proud of"> Steelerette's Avatar

It may be more of a sign that they're looking at their options at nose tackle... and they're thinking that they really want Thomas at NT. So with Heyward and Tuitt at DE, they're comfortable with Mauro as depth but just want that Keisel in there that one last season to bring Tuitt along.

We'll never know exactly until the final 53 are drawn out.

Dwinsgames

Quote Originally Posted by LLT View Post
    I think its more likely that Cameron Heyward and Kiesel are the starters this year with Tuitt backing up one side and Thomas making the team as a backup at both DE and DT. McLendon and McCullers would man the middle and we would put one of the young DE's on the PS as an insurance policy.
    Mauro wouldn't last 10 seconds on the waiver wire the way he has played thus far ...so hopefully that is not their intent

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

I would love to be a fly on the wall when Keisel reenters that building to greet his teammates. Emotion galore.

If they bring Harrison back now too I'm thinking Super Bowl. Don't ask me why. Something to do with destiny.

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post

Welp, we have that veteran presence on the Defense. Maybe we can play a "Win it for Brett" angle this year.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Senior Member Array title="blackngldblood has a spectacular aura about"> blackngldblood's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
    Win it for Brett, win it for Troy. Troy with the DPOY award on his way to his life's work, Shazier DROY. Ben gets league AND Super Bowl MVP! Just sayin.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

So, if McCullers and Mauro are keepers because they'd be grabbed off waivers (an assessment I agree with), and Thomas is likely on the team regardless because of his versatility ... who does this leave as the odd man out? Fangupo? McLendon? Keeping both of them would mean we have 8 defensive linemen, which is a hell of a lot for a 3-4, especially when you have two guys who can kind of play both DT and DE. Hard for me to say. Personally, I think while McLendon has more value in the short term, I get the impression we may have already seen his ceiling and it isn't all that high.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Two-year deal? Holy shit. He'll be playing when he's 38, if we intend to keep him.

Having said that, his level of play has held up way, way better than most players at this age. There were times last season when he was still our best defensive lineman.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

2 years, wow. I hope he mentors the young guys as well. Wonder if he will drive his tractor to his first game?

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Two year deal does not necessarily mean he plays for two years.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    Two year deal does not necessarily mean he plays for two years.
    Exactly. Just means they can spread the signing bonus out over two years so his cap hit wont be excessive for this season.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Senior Member Array title="KeiselPower99 is on a distinguished road"> KeiselPower99's Avatar

I was comfortable with Heyward Thomas and Tuitt as our ends but with Keisel back the rotation gets stronger and we have that veteran leadership. I think both McCullers and Mauro make the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    Mauro wouldn't last 10 seconds on the waiver wire the way he has played thus far ...so hopefully that is not their intent
    I'm hoping they keep Mauro also....we might want to see who is expendable at other positions if we are heavy at DE/DT. Will Allen comes to mind...maybe Chris Carter.

-- Jack Lambert --