Thread: Bouchette: We've Seen Enough of Ben

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Bouchette: We've Seen Enough of Ben

Good morning,

Some stuff from Saturday night’s game:

--- No, Shaun Suisham did not lose length in his kicking leg. He was instructed to not put the ball in the end zone, same as last preseason.
    “Yeah, we have to cover kicks,’’ Mike Tomlin explained. “The only way you get to know some of these coverage guys is to put balls in play. Shaun could put the ball throughout the back of the endzone like some of these people we’re playing but we want to see what our kickoff coverage teams are capable of because it’s going to get into the season. I rather know now than to know then.”............

read more @ http://sportsblogs.post-gazette.com/...-steelers-blog

Senior Member Array title="Steelerette has much to be proud of"> Steelerette's Avatar

Re: Bouchette: We've Seen Enough of Ben

Right idea. I remember when the Redskins used to play their starters for half or more of every preseason game - they still doing that?

- - - Updated - - -

I think I still want to see Ben for a couple series though, not even a whole quarter but the first two drives maybe, for perspective to get more looks at the young WRs, especially bubble guys. I want to see a few proper throws to DHB, and did you see the catch Kashif Moore made? Let's see a couple more tries on that, etc.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Ben needs to ride the bench. Let Gradski start and Landry sell hot pretzels.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Almost every QB play one half in the 3rd preseason games

Ben must play at least one half against the Eagles to not be rusty in week 1 against the browns

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    Ben needs to ride the bench. Let Gradski start and Landry sell hot pretzels.

Landry Graham would fumble the pretzel

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

The reason you would possibly -play Ben a half Thursday if for the benefit of the rest of the offensive starters so they can go into the season with some rhythm. How can you judge your running game or get it up to speed if the opposing defense is playing 11 men in the box?
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post

--- No, Shaun Suisham did not lose length in his kicking leg. He was instructed to not put the ball in the end zone, same as last preseason.

read more @ http://sportsblogs.post-gazette.com/...-steelers-blog
    Whew!

I thought he was off the juice!
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant