Thread: So’oto Swats, Swims, Sacks, Strips

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

So’oto Swats, Swims, Sacks, Strips

Pittsburgh Steelers outside linebacker Vic So’oto effectively won the game Saturday night against the Buffalo Bills thanks to his strip sack fumble late in the fourth quarter. Here is a quick look at that play.

Lined up outside of the tight end, So’oto gets off the ball well at the snap. This is second-round draft pick Cyrus Kouandjio that he’s going against and when the Alabama product attempts to get his right hand into his chest, So’oto counters by chopping it down with his left hand while swimming past with his right.

(CONTINUED)

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2014/08...+Depot+Blog%29
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Dwinsgames

Re: So’oto Swats, Swims, Sacks, Strips

steelers will have a difficult decision to make between So'oto and Howard Jones IMO , So'oto makes things happen and Jones takes advantage of them when they do ... both are very nice to have but perhaps just 1 spot to be had ..... Unless they decide to keep them both and sharpen the axe on a Vet like Carter ( and it is possible )

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Carter has to go after seeing these guys. And prepare for the departure of Worilds.

Give me young and hungry. Have to go with the playmakers.

Dwinsgames

Quote Originally Posted by Count Steeler View Post
    Carter has to go after seeing these guys. And prepare for the departure of Worilds.

Give me young and hungry. Have to go with the playmakers.

I agree ...just hope the team does as well

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    steelers will have a difficult decision to make between So'oto and Howard Jones IMO , So'oto makes things happen and Jones takes advantage of them when they do ... both are very nice to have but perhaps just 1 spot to be had ..... Unless they decide to keep them both and sharpen the axe on a Vet like Carter ( and it is possible )

Good thought, Dwins, I'd be ok with getting two for the price of one.

Senior Member Array title="Steelerette has much to be proud of"> Steelerette's Avatar

With Moats in the mix as your "proven backup" guy (and to some extent So'oto) and then you've got So'oto and Howard Jones and maybe even Zumwalt getting looks later, I don't know how you can keep Carter at this point who's only proved so far that he's maybe serviceable.
    There are seven potential OLB here, we probably keep four - five if you stretch it or we designate someone as a swing player - and the only one I'd put Carter above at this point is Zumwalt, and that's potentially only because we haven't had the chance to see him yet.

If I'm the team Carter gets the start next game and I have an eye on him because he really has to prove somethine special to avoid the axe. Especially since if we really do run the gamut of injuries this season at OLB for some reason, Harrison is always a phonecall away.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess another way to look at it is, at both OLB and ILB, right now we have "a good problem to have"... and it's been a few years since we really could say that. Let's just hope coaches keep some of these guys through the first cuts, get some really good looks, and make the right decisions.

Senior Member Array title="Drazo85 has a reputation beyond repute"> Drazo85's Avatar
    Tetris Champion! Jungle Fruit Champion!

Some tough decisions are coming up in the next two weeks. I'm afraid some of these guys would wear another jersey this season. With Zumwalt and Carter we have 12 capable LBs. We keep max 10. So two or even three are going to be cut. Hopefully we can stash some of them on practice squad.

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

I'm not impressed with Carter at all. Even if he plays decently, I'd say Howard Jones and Vic So'oto deserve those spots over him. Zumwalt goes to the PS if no one picks him up after he's cut.

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

I think that we've already seen what Carter can do and it's not much. I'd hate to keep him and let one of these young guys go.