Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ryan Shazier could miss another game

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Re: Ryan Shazier could miss another game

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    I think there's a very sizable contingent of Steelers Nation who had their hearts set on a CB in the first round and, unless he plays like a future HoFer immediately, will bash the Shazier pick at every opportunity. Especially since the CB the majority of them coveted the most (Dennard) went to a division rival nine picks after the Steelers took Shazier.
    I really don't see that. 90% of the people I know and know of through things like Steeler message boards got on board with the pick by the first OTA if not earlier. I suppose there's a few holdouts, but overall I get the sense that Steeler nation is very enthused with the p[ick of Shazier.

Regardless I still say XT's blanket condemnation of Steeler fans is way over the top and inaccurate to boot. Sure we got our share of knuckle heads. What fan base doesn't? But we also got a lot of special people who cheer on the black and gold as evidenced by the majority of our posters here. To claim we're the worst fans of any team is total shit!
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    I really don't see that. 90% of the people I know and know of through things like Steeler message boards got on board with the pick by the first OTA if not earlier. I suppose there's a few holdouts, but overall I get the sense that Steeler nation is very enthused with the p[ick of Shazier.

Regardless I still say XT's blanket condemnation of Steeler fans is way over the top and inaccurate to boot. Sure we got our share of knuckle heads. What fan base doesn't? But we also got a lot of special people who cheer on the black and gold as evidenced by the majority of our posters here. To claim we're the worst fans of any team is total shit!
    First, I didn't say "all," I said "the majority." Second, I will give you the Raiders fans and the Patriots as being as hated or more hated than the Steelers and our fans, but Dallas? Come on, other than Steelers fans and the NFC teams, no one really gives a shit about Dallas, other than as a running joke for the last 20 years.

Bottom line, this type of garbage happens every single freaking year from many in our fan base. For heaven's sake, we still have a LOT of fans who don't like Tomlin and have never liked him from the moment he got the job. But yet, somehow that's supposed to be glossed over? Sorry, but I will not do that. We have a LOT of warts, to the point that we should not be pounding our chests about being the best fans in the NFL, because we aren't.

ETA: I came to this opinion because I live in Pittsburgh, and see this on display every single day. Now I understand that a lot of Steelers fans don't live in Pittsburgh, but considering how many idiots there are among them...well, my opinion really doesn't change a whole lot. The fans who post here are most definitely exceptions to that, and I'll take our little corner of the Internet any day of the week.

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Let's not forget gentlemen that we are seeing a microcosm of society in general. If society in general is crumbling, I don't think Steeler Nation would be immune to it.

I would love to think that Steeler fans are above the bar, but, unfortunately, the Steelers are a popular team and we draw fans from every layer of society. Unfortunately, the pool we draw from is becoming unfathomable.

Degenerate, spoiled and entitled people exist in society, so therefore, they will exist in Steeler Nation.

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Count Steeler View Post
    Let's not forget gentlemen that we are seeing a microcosm of society in general. If society in general is crumbling, I don't think Steeler Nation would be immune to it.

I would love to think that Steeler fans are above the bar, but, unfortunately, the Steelers are a popular team and we draw fans from every layer of society. Unfortunately, the pool we draw from is becoming unfathomable.

Degenerate, spoiled and entitled people exist in society, so therefore, they will exist in Steeler Nation.
    Agreed. Some don't want to admit it, but this is the truth.

Senior Member Array title="CapLovesTroyP43 is a jewel in the rough"> CapLovesTroyP43's Avatar

Trust me, he is good. My mom is a rabid OSU fan and when on defense, his name was called very frequently. I am NOT an OSU fan however I was drawn to him because I love his last name. I think he's a great pick for this team and if they want to rest him until the season starts, more power to them.

"BIG MEN AND BIG BLADES OF GRASS"

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Should have drafted Dennard, lol

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Count Steeler View Post

Of course. It goes without saying. But the suggestion was that the Steelers had a higher percentage of these people as fans than any other team. To which I still say bullshit.

Of course. It goes without saying. But the suggestion was that the Steelers had a higher percentage of these people as fans than any other team. To which I still say bullshit.
    OK Zu, here's the bottom line. I am sick and tired of these idiots having such a loud voice and growing presence on the Internet and on the radio call-in shows, to the point where they are drowning out the voices of the good and true Steelers fans. Can we at least agree on that?

Quote Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
    OK Zu, here's the bottom line. I am sick and tired of these idiots having such a loud voice and growing presence on the Internet and on the radio call-in shows, to the point where they are drowning out the voices of the good and true Steelers fans. Can we at least agree on that?
    Absolutely. But as someone who drives for a living and listens to sports radio across the country I can assure you those idiots are everywhere.

I guess some people use sports as an outlet to either celebrate or voice their frustration's when things go wrong. . Most are harmless, some are down right entertaining. But the bottom line is you just got to either laugh at them or ignore them.

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

I'm not so sure that these idiots haven't always existed but there simply wasn't a medium for them to voice their idiocy before the boom of social media.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Well, he kinda played like a future HoFer, so all is good, I guess.

11 tackles and 1 INT in a quarter-and-a-half? Damn!

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Should have drafted Dennard, lol

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Well, he kinda played like a future HoFer, so all is good, I guess.

11 tackles and 1 INT in a quarter-and-a-half? Damn!
    Until he gets blanked and doesn't show up, or the DL gets blowed up and he can't make the plays. Then the FO will be trashed.