Thread: It's hurt for so long but we fight the fight

Married and happy Array title="BPS3akaWirels3 has a spectacular aura about"> BPS3akaWirels3's Avatar

It's hurt for so long but we fight the fight

Nothing better then a Black & Gold Wedding 09/24/11

Senior Member Array title="Godfather has a brilliant future">

It would be nice if Nutting even tried, but he goes out of his way to put a losing product on the field.

They need to set something up so at least 80% of the "shared" revenue goes to payroll or the team has to return the balance. The Pirates get $70M a year from the league in revenue sharing, national TV contract, etc. so they'd have to have a payroll of at least $56M. That way they can go the Moneyball route and at least be a contender some years.

Married and happy Array title="BPS3akaWirels3 has a spectacular aura about"> BPS3akaWirels3's Avatar

It's closer to $80 mil and we only spent $34 mil this year which is $15 mil less then last.. Why couldnt he have sold to Mario?? WHY??!!

Tiger Lion and Steel Array title="SteelCityMan786 will become famous soon enough"> SteelCityMan786's Avatar

Where the lands are a mix of Black and Gold with some Blue and White
    Bob Nutting likes lining his pockets. Sports teams are good way to do so. I guess no one told him he could make even more by spending the money to field a more competitive team. Even if the team went 81-81 this year he would make more money then in years past. Heck if they played their cards right, they might even make the playoffs.
    786 Ways to score touchdowns

Quest For 7 Array title="steelpride12 is a splendid one to behold"> steelpride12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCityMan786 View Post
    Bob Nutting likes lining his pockets. Sports teams are good way to do so. I guess no one told him he could make even more by spending the money to field a more competitive team. Even if the team went 81-81 this year he would make more money then in years past. Heck if they played their cards right, they might even make the playoffs.
    Exactly my thought. If he could produce a winning team he would make more money which is all this greedy bastard is out for. I would have thought he would want to sell it to Mario for high dollar's for the quick cash and run, but I don't get this guy...
    Missing you every day, thinking about the memories every moment, loving you every second Mom ♥ R.I.P. 1951-2011

"When you go out on the field and you're intense for 60 minutes, some guys don't want to do it. When I line up across from him, he has to do one of two things, he has to raise his level of play, or he's going to get his *** kicked all day"

- Greg Lloyd

Steeler Blood Array title="cakmakli will become famous soon enough"> cakmakli's Avatar

I love the Pirates and I don't mind supporting a losing team but it is hard to care when Nutting don't. We have such a beautiful park but it isn't even fun going to it because I don't like idea that I'm helping to line Nutting's pockets. Especially when I have to pay $7.25 for a damn beer.

Quote Originally Posted by cakmakli View Post
    I love the Pirates and I don't mind supporting a losing team but it is hard to care when Nutting don't. We have such a beautiful park but it isn't even fun going to it because I don't like idea that I'm helping to line Nutting's pockets. Especially when I have to pay $7.25 for a damn beer.
    And whats up with the $35 all you can eat??? :jaw: