Thread: Paul George gruesome leg injury in Team USA game

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Paul George gruesome leg injury in Team USA game

Well, this is one that will certainly be in the discussion for nastiest sports injury of all-time. I don't think it's quite on the same level as Napoleon McCallum's leg injury with the Raiders, or Clint Malarchuk getting his throat slashed in an NHL game, but it's probably the worst I've seen in basketball. I'd definitely put it above Joe Theismann's broken leg, which for some reason seems to be the most famous even though there have been worse ones.

(Warning: if you are easily grossed out, do not watch this; it will definitely turn your stomach. Slow-mo replay is at about 1:00)

You gotta feel sorry for the guy. Although if he's lucky and all it is is a broken bone, that could heal in a few months and not be career-threatening. I'm no Pacers fan, but hope it goes as well as possible for him.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="blackngldblood has a spectacular aura about"> blackngldblood's Avatar

Re: Paul George gruesome leg injury in Team USA game

http://youtu.be/UOSYcM4AJ8k

Worst ever IMO.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Ouch mother effer looks gruesome in slow motion. Bird bones.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blackngldblood View Post
    I don't know ... here are the two I was talking about. Watch the other-angle replay of the hockey one at about 4:30. After that injury, they had to announce to the crowd that he wasn't dead.

Clint Malarchuk severed jugular vein (warning as always: serious gross-out factor)

Napoleon McCallum career-ending knee injury

See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="blackngldblood has a spectacular aura about"> blackngldblood's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    I don't know ... here are the two I was talking about. Watch the other-angle replay of the hockey one at about 4:30. After that injury, they had to announce to the crowd that he wasn't dead.

Clint Malarchuk severed jugular vein (warning as always: serious gross-out factor)

Napoleon McCallum career-ending knee injury

Good lord! I've never seen these two! And I never will again!