Thread: Art Rooney explains why Roethlisberger won't get a contract extension this year

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Art Rooney explains why Roethlisberger won't get a contract extension this year

Steelers Prez Art Rooney explains why Ben Roethlisberger won’t get a contract extension this year.

http://www.steelers.com/news/article...5-be4189120888

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Re: Art Rooney explains why Roethlisberger won’t get a contract extension this year

Does this mean Ben is signing up for an EBT card?
    All Defense!

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Re: Art Rooney explains why Roethlisberger won’t get a contract extension this year

Cue more Roethlisberger trade rumors in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

You think that's going to stop jackwagons like Floridiot and Make-Up-A-Report? I doubt it. Still, good move by Art II to attempt to end all of the speculation.

Senior Member Array title="BnG_Hevn has much to be proud of"> BnG_Hevn's Avatar
    Battleball Champion!

This could have been summed up with:

Ben contracts not happening this year b/c they are going to happen next year.
    “They say all marriages are made in heaven, but so are thunder and lightning.”
    ― Clint Eastwood

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

He is not worth re-signing, the Super Bowls he was lucky to win were with Tommy Maddox's wide receivers anyhow.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vader29 View Post
    He is not worth re-signing, the Super Bowls he was lucky to win were with Tommy Maddox's wide receivers anyhow.

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Art Rooney explains why Roethlisberger won't get a contract extension this year

I mistakenly read ESPN's story on this....reading all of the "let Rapistlisberger go play somewhere else" comments made me remember why BSPN sucks so much.

Then again, it sounds like they're saying Rape-less so I guess the joke's on them.

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Re: Art Rooney explains why Roethlisberger won't get a contract extension this year

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAsteeler View Post
    I mistakenly read ESPN's story on this....reading all of the "let Rapistlisberger go play somewhere else" comments made me remember why BSPN sucks so much.

Then again, it sounds like they're saying Rape-less so I guess the joke's on them.
    Now you know better than that. Never, EVER read the comments on any story related to the Steelers, because the vitriol spewed their way will make you want to smash your computer to bits. None of those Internet tough guys are worth it.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Cuz the Rooney's is cheap, and they don't know how to manage a salary cap.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vader29 View Post
    LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

thanks for being patient on this one Ben.
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Sounds like everyone's playing it smart, all the way around. I especially like how they called in Ben, and then his manager, and laid out the plan. What I do wonder, however, is that Ben has a big salary cap hit coming this year, right? If he extended his contract, that could be reduced quite a bit, giving way to more cap relief.

Of course, I don't remember how many times he restructured the contract, so it may not be beneficial at all for him to do that.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Probably not the thread for this......but it is relevant...for the life of me I can't figure out how salary cap increases work. Could someone explain. Some years there's nothing.....other years quite a bit.