Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RB Ray Rice To Be Suspended For Two Games

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

RB Ray Rice To Be Suspended For Two Games

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Re: RB Ray Rice To Be Suspended For Two Games

Wow.

Well, he did apologize so I guess it is all good.

Right Roger?
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
    Wow.

Right Roger?
    "Yo, I married the bitch - what more you want?"

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

So Lane Johnson gets 4 for PEDs and Ray Rice gets 2 for beating his woman. Seems fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    So Lane Johnson gets 4 for PEDs and Ray Rice gets 2 for beating his woman. Seems fair.
    I'm not defending der Kommish, but it seems that the 4 game suspension is pretty standard for PED use. As far as Rice getting only 2 games? Horseshit.
    http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Don't worry, he makes things up as he goes along, so as soon as there's a media backlash he'll change it to life without parole.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
    Wow.

Right Roger?
    If his apology was anywhere near as good as his right hook it might have taken the stink off of it a bit. Did you see his press conference? Not once did he say he was sorry for KNOCKING A WOMAN OUT COLD. The closest he came to an apology was saying that both he and his (then) fiancee had a bad 30 seconds that they BOTH wish they could take back. To me that made it even worse. Like she was equally culpable for… having a glass jaw? Attacking his fist with her face? What a POS.

But at least he wasn't charged with nothing and convicted of nothing (while being a Steelers QB). Then Roger would have really thrown the book at him.

You know, I've changed my mind about ol' Roger. I used to be in the James Harrison camp, agreeing that I wouldn't piss on him if he were on fire. But I now think that's wrong. I actually would piss on him if he were on fire. Then I'd drink a few more beers and piss on him again, just to be safe.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

RB Ray Rice To Be Suspended For Two Games

Could it be that the Ravens might add two games on from a team stand point? The total would then be 4 games?

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Ben Roethlisberger gets four games for a criminal accusation that went nowhere. Ray Rice gets 2 games for beating up a woman, that makes as much sense as anything Joe Biden has ever said

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

What an absolute joke. Let's not even get into the clear double-standard between this incident and Ben's, the simple fact that a man is allowed to punch his wife in the face and then drag her like a caveman ON CAMERA and gets only a 2-game suspension is one of the biggest travesties of justice I've seen in a long time. Easily trumps Goodell's Spygate farce.

Just so we're clear...

Smoke pot - year suspension
    Beat your fiancee/wife - slap on the wrist.

Fucking Goodell needs to be FIRED. Period, full fucking stop.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

IF somebody punched Goodell he would get more than 2 games.
    All Defense!

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    IF somebody punched Goodell he would get more than 2 games.

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Just how did the NFL justify this? What focus group did they ask?

Where are the players and the media to get this put right? A man is a racist and he loses his franchise. A man beats his wife and gets 2 games? All games that Ray Rice plays in should be pulled from TV. His teammates and opposing players should leave the field when he steps on.

OUTRAGEOUS!!!!!!

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Don't forget how he handled Bountygate suspending players and coaches on unproven allegations and trumped up charges. Remember also how he handled it when the Ravens were the ones who were in the spotlight for dealing out bounties against the Steelers...brushed under the carpet. Tell me he doesn't play favorites!!!

No logic to how this asshole handles the business of the NFL. Holding draft choices over the heads of the Rooney's after sidelinegate, and only seemed to relent when the Rooney's said they would fight it...something I wish they would do more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Count Steeler View Post
    Just how did the NFL justify this? What focus group did they ask?

Where are the players and the media to get this put right? A man is a racist and he loses his franchise. A man beats his wife and gets 2 games? All games that Ray Rice plays in should be pulled from TV. His teammates and opposing players should leave the field when he steps on.

OUTRAGEOUS!!!!!!
    The media was mostly quiet on this one hence the weak suspension. To know how the chips will fall just listen to how the media reacts.

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

This is such a load of shit. I guess that any player on a Harbaugh team doesn't need to "get it" because Goodell will simply continue to look the other way or give them a slap on the wrist at most. Pathetic!

Steelers fan, circa 1985 Array title="BigNastyDefense is a name known to all"> BigNastyDefense's Avatar

What's worse is we can thank Dan Rooney for this asshat being in office, because Dan Rooney was at the front of the line promoting this jackass to be voted the next commish!

I think there are a few ways he doles out punishments under the Player Conduct Policy:

1. Draws random punishments from a hat/bucket/bowl/the ego of a Harbitch brother

2. Throws a dart at a cork board with punishments glued to it, whatever it lands on is the punishment

3. Has a book of random punishments, closes his eyes and picks one with his finger

Also, Goodell just set the precedent for the suspension of that Panthers defensive end.

RIP Marianne "HTG" - You'll Always Be With Us
    Follow me on Twitter @Blue_Collar_Guy

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Order your ladies Ray Rice jersey today!!

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    Let's be fair now...Harrison had a long history of "illegal hits." This is Rice's first hit on his wife...that we know of...

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Goodell is an absolute dirtbag, in fact lower than a dirt bag! This is so unbelievable ….I don't understand how any team owner ( including the Rooney's ) could support this guy. Just amazing, I honestly can't believe this nonsense!
    Last edited by Shoes; 07-24-2014 at 08:09 PM.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Anybody hear from the liberal feminists……Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton or Richard Sherman. How about asking Michelle Obama what she thinks of this? What a great victory for women everywhere!

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Take a drug to get your wife pregnant and get a 4 game suspension. Hit your girlfriend/(now wife), and get 2 games.

This thread is hilarious . . . in a pathetic, sad way.

If anyone wants to make a TRUE comparison, then the comparison here is NOT with Ben, but with James Harrison.

Harrison: slaps his girlfriend and is charged with simple assault and criminal mischief. He attends anger management training and charges are dropped. 0 fines, 0 suspensions.
    Rice: Hits his fiance and is charged with felony assault. He enters a pretrial intervention program and the charges will be dropped (expunged, pretty much same deal as Harrison). $500,000 fine plus 2 game suspension and loss of pay.

But yeah, let's forget about that and all rail against Goodell because obviously, he has it in for the Steelers. Of course, I had a thread here at one time with all the fines and penalties that showed specifically that the Steelers WEREN'T targeted, but heck, let's skip any semblance of reality, shall we?

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Honestly, I had completely forgotten about the Harrison incident, even though at the time I was one of the minority of fans who wanted him off the team. Hell, I'll even give you that the only differences between the two are that Rice was caught doing it on camera, which led to a media shitstorm, which is the main reason why he was suspended at all. At any rate, what Rice did was wrong and should have been punished more severely. Same as Harrison. I have zero tolerance for any man beating a woman, regardless of the circumstances.

Fuck Goodell anyway. That sentiment is simply something you are going to have to accept, because it's not just Steelers fans who hate that man's guts.

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    This thread is hilarious . . . in a pathetic, sad way.

If anyone wants to make a TRUE comparison, then the comparison here is NOT with Ben, but with James Harrison.

Harrison: slaps his girlfriend and is charged with simple assault and criminal mischief. He attends anger management training and charges are dropped. 0 fines, 0 suspensions.
    Rice: Hits his fiance and is charged with felony assault. He enters a pretrial intervention program and the charges will be dropped (expunged, pretty much same deal as Harrison). $500,000 fine plus 2 game suspension and loss of pay.

But yeah, let's forget about that and all rail against Goodell because obviously, he has it in for the Steelers. Of course, I had a thread here at one time with all the fines and penalties that showed specifically that the Steelers WEREN'T targeted, but heck, let's skip any semblance of reality, shall we?
    I for one was appalled at the Harrison saga, but Dan Rooney's comments took the cake! His comments on what seemed like justification on Harrison's actions still amaze me.

In Mr. Harrison's case, Mr. Rooney said the player was trying to take his son to be baptized.

"What Jimmy Harrison was doing and how the incident occurred, what he was trying to do was really well worth it," he said of Mr. Harrison's initial intent with his son. "He was doing something that was good, wanted to take his son to get baptized where he lived and things like that. She said she didn't want to do it."
    Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/local/ne...#ixzz38RnBVeEp

That being said, Goodell is still a dirtbag and a very arrogant one at that. The NFL has changed a lot since 2008. Rice still should have got at least 8 games.

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    Order your ladies Ray Rice jersey today!!
    Official NFL-licensed Ray Rice "wife beater":

"Smokey" from Friday has a message for Ray Rice's new bride...