Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lebron James

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Lebron James

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Re: Lebron James

What a punk. "My team lost, so I'm splitting."

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

ESPN is having multiple orgasms over this.

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Biggest diva in sports today. And it's not even close.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

I think Houston is going to pay him and Melo 2 billion dollars to go there

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vader29 View Post

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

I don't blame him. First off, opting out isn't necessarily leaving. It just means he's exorcising all of his options. And why shouldn't he if Wade insists on collecting his full contract amount? Wade is washed up, and James knows he can't win if Wade's play continues to deteriorate while commanding so much cap space.

So this could be a leverage move on his part to get Wade to take a team friendly contract like Tim Duncan in San Antonio. Or maybe he wants to go elsewhere, and of so, he's honored his contract, and has this right, so more power to him I say.

LeBron will be ultimately be judged by the number of rings he earns, not by what jersey he wore while earning them.

Plus if he goes back to Cleveland how can anyone complain?
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    I don't blame him. First off, opting out isn't necessarily leaving. It just means he's exorcising all of his options. And why shouldn't he if Wade insists on collecting his full contract amount? Wade is washed up, and James knows he can't win if Wade's play continues to deteriorate while commanding so much cap space.

So this could be a leverage move on his part to get Wade to take a team friendly contract like Tim Duncan in San Antonio. Or maybe he wants to go elsewhere, and of so, he's honored his contract, and has this right, so more power to him I say.

LeBron will be ultimately be judged by the number of rings he earns, not by what jersey he wore while earning them.

Plus if he goes back to Cleveland how can anyone complain?
    I would imagine his family would complain....lol
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
    I would imagine his family would complain....lol

In all honesty she might be the one driving it. She's an Akron girl and seemingly proud of it.

The only thing that might stop Lebron going back is the idiot owner of the Cavs Dan Gilbert who tried to torch every bridge back to town when LeBron made his last "decision."

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    For some reason, this immediately came to my mind...

Bleedin' the B&G Array title="Steelman has much to be proud of"> Steelman's Avatar

In all honesty she might be the one driving it. She's an Akron girl and seemingly proud of it.

The only thing that might stop Lebron going back is the idiot owner of the Cavs Dan Gilbert who tried to torch every bridge back to town when LeBron made his last "decision."
    You might be right on his wife. Everything I've heard from LeBron says he really likes living in Miami, but his wife has been pretty adamant about Ohio. I still think even with the opt-out that LeBron will stay in Miami, but who knows. (or really cares. lol)

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Leaving Miami would make him a traitor, not a trader. America is getting dumber by the season.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

In other news Tim Duncan is going to be staying on another year with the Spurs!!!

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

I find it hard to imagine that, with all the other crap LeBron has going on financially, he would want to leave Florida with its 0% income tax. He's estimated to be making $72 million per year in salary plus endorsements, and I don't think that's even counting any investments like his share of Beats, whatever real estate he owns ... I'm sure he at least has a stake in a few restaurants, nightclubs, record labels, whatever.

Say he went to L.A. - then he'd be paying 13% in California state income tax, not just on his salary but probably everything else ... Even if he got a max contract, that would be about a $4 million raise over his previous deal, but he would now be paying an extra $10 or $12 million in taxes, so he'd be LOSING a crapload of money. Same thing with New York, Chicago, or most other "destination" franchises. Pretty much the only places he could go without that being a problem are Orlando, Memphis, Dallas/Houston/San Antonio, or Seattle. (whoops, scratch that last one, LOL! )

Anyway ... makes you think this is probably just a ploy to renegotiate, or maybe all three of them do it and not all of them are back.

Or hell, maybe he surprises everybody and goes to Sacramento. Betcha didn't see that coming!
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

As Zulater stated this doesn't mean that he's leaving Miami, it simply opens up all his options. The media is whipping this whole thing into a frenzy and of course Lebron brought this all on by the way he left Leaveland. I don't think he is leaving but what the heck do I know.

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

I don't watch basketball but just curious where Lebron ranks among the greatest basketball players ever?

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    Leaving Miami would make him a traitor, not a trader. America is getting dumber by the season.
    this x100
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG Ī-

I don't watch basketball but just curious where Lebron ranks among the greatest basketball players ever?
    He's not even in the top 10, IMO.

Jordan, Kareem, Magic, Bird, Russell, Robertson, Chamberlain, Erving, O'Neal, and Bryant (even though I can't stand him). Jordan would be #1, and the rest you could pretty much order in any fashion, IMO. Considering how easily he seems to fold when the chips are down, James wouldn't have won shit in the '80s if he would have had to go up against Kareem and Magic, Bird and Erving and he definitely wouldn't have won anything in the '90s if he had to go up against Jordan.

So Kobe Bryant is better than Lebron James

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Take the rings out of the equation and just based on talent alone, LeBron is a better player on court than Jordan was. A much better teammate off court than Jordan was.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    The media is whipping this whole thing into a frenzy .

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Take the rings out of the equation and just based on talent alone, LeBron is a better player on court than Jordan was.
    Does LeBron average more points per game and assists than Jordan?

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

http://www.landofbasketball.com/play...ael_jordan.htm

Jordan still ahead in stats....I didn't realize Lebron's been in the league for 11 years. Time flies.

Watching both, LeBron is physically stronger...Jordan never got credit for being a great defensive player...he was always known for offense.

Jordan: 6-0 in NBA Finals. LeBron: 2-3 in NBA Finals. Bird: 3-2 in NBA Finals. Kobe: 5-2 in NBA Finals. Magic: 5-3 in NBA Finals

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post

Jordan: 6-0 in NBA Finals. LeBron: 2-3 in NBA Finals. Bird: 3-2 in NBA Finals. Kobe: 5-2 in NBA Finals. Magic: 5-3 in NBA Finals

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post

Jordan still ahead in stats....I didn't realize Lebron's been in the league for 11 years. Time flies.

Watching both, LeBron is physically stronger...Jordan never got credit for being a great defensive player...he was always known for offense.

The fact that James made a point of not only showboating in front of MJ but staring him down while he did it shows who's still the best and that even James knows it. And as far as off the court demeanor is concerned, one would be hard pressed to find a bigger prick than MJ, so I'm not saying this out of some personal affinity for Jordan, because frankly, I don't have one. MJ's HoF induction speech pretty much killed what little respect I still had for him as a person at that point.

And the only reason MJ didn't go 8-0 in NBA Finals is because of MJ. But I'm sure Hakeem and Clyde appreciated MJ stepping aside for two years to go play "baseball fantasy camp."

So Kobe Bryant is better than Lebron James
    No way. Not now, not ever.Kobe never dragged a crap team to the finals. James has down it twice now.

Oh and MJ lost in the first round of the playoffs 3 times. Lebron never once bowed out in the opening round. The playoffs aren't just made up of the finals.

Lebron's legacy hasn't been fully written yet. So any talk of who's greater and all that is still early.

I forgot to include Tim Duncan: 5-1 in NBA Finals....came pretty damn close to 6-0 though.

Oh and MJ lost in the first round of the playoffs 3 times. Lebron never once bowed out in the opening round. The playoffs aren't just made up of the finals.
    True, but the Eastern Conference was just a bit tougher road to go through in Jordan's early career than in James'.