Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: is it too soon to talk 2015 draft ?

Re: is it too soon to talk 2015 draft ?

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    What are your thoughts on him, Perry?
    I'm torn. Shows a good motor, good instincts and VERY good burst at the snap. In one word...he seemed "relentless". However...even though he weighed in at 247 lbs, I couldn't help but think he looked like he needs to add some meat to his frame if he is going to play outside. I think a year in an NFL weight room would benefit him a great deal. One of those few players that looks as if he could add 15 lbs and play at around 260 without losing too much quickness. Some team is going to love him and he is going to be a top 50 player.
    "I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play"

-- Jack Lambert --

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    I am with ya on the bold TMC ...I like some of his game really well but he has warts that tell me he is NOT ever going to be a top tier pass rusher

as I said in another thread

so while he is a legit player he does not spell immediate impact and he is a bit of a gamble , that is not to say he wont turn into a heck of a football player but the problem is we do not have time to wait on that we need starter quality NOW not later

I think many of us expected Jones and Shazier to be quality starters early. If Jones doesn't make it happen this year, I think its safe to say he's a bust. I believe Shazier will prove his worth this season---but then again thats what I thought about Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    I think many of us expected Jones and Shazier to be quality starters early. If Jones doesn't make it happen this year, I think its safe to say he's a bust. I believe Shazier will prove his worth this season---but then again thats what I thought about Jones.
    I truly believe that Jones and Shazier both have an up year (barring injuries)
    "I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play"

-- Jack Lambert --

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="TMC has a spectacular aura about">

Quote Originally Posted by LLT View Post
    I truly believe that Jones and Shazier both have an up year (barring injuries)
    I tend to agree. I hated the pick of Jones when it happened, but I saw some things from him early last season that makes me think he can start at ROLB. I am not so sure he will ever be an elite guy, but I did see enough to make me think he could be above average and that would make me pretty happy.

As for Shazier, I think if he can stay on the field, he will turn into an excellent player. He can easily become an elite coverage linebacker with his physical traits and that would be excellent since this is turning into a passing league. I also think his speed and quickness can be an attribute in the run game. I think both have breakout seasons.

The thing is, for this defense to work, you need one elite OLB. Two pretty good guys won't work.

Senior Member Array title="Steelerette has much to be proud of"> Steelerette's Avatar

If we decide we're done with Landry, I kind of like this year Sean Mannion as a developmental guy if he's still available late enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerette View Post
    If we decide we're done with Landry, I kind of like this year Sean Mannion as a developmental guy if he's still available late enough.

Bad year for QB's. In the draft and in Free Agency. When there is a bidding war for Josh McCown...you know its terrible.

-- Jack Lambert --

Senior Member Array title="Steelerette has much to be proud of"> Steelerette's Avatar

Bad year for QB's. In the draft and in Free Agency. When there is a bidding war for Josh McCown...you know its terrible.
    I feel like if this were a typical year neither Winston nor Mariota would be talked about as possible number one picks.

There is talk about the Browns moving to get Mariota and if that happens I will laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerette View Post
    I feel like if this were a typical year neither Winston nor Mariota would be talked about as possible number one picks.

There is talk about the Browns moving to get Mariota and if that happens I will laugh.
    Totally agree. Winston is pro ready but has the maturity of a 15 year old boy. Im not sure if Mariota can run a pro offense.

-- Jack Lambert --

Dwinsgames

Totally agree. Winston is pro ready but has the maturity of a 15 year old boy. Im not sure if Mariota can run a pro offense.

Chip Kelly's he could ... but I am not a fan of this years QB crop and the more chosen between 1-21 the better from my perspective

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    Chip Kelly's he could ... but I am not a fan of this years QB crop and the more chosen between 1-21 the better from my perspective

Both have that Boom or Bust ability...based on exactly what I said. Got to say that I'm a little concerned about the CB and Safety crop this year also. its almost a crapshoot after 2 or 3 defensive backs. Lots have potential....but few first year starters (on most teams...LOL)

-- Jack Lambert --

Bleedin' the B&G Array title="Steelman has much to be proud of"> Steelman's Avatar

James Walker @JamesWalkerNFL

Among the notables in attendance for #Hurricanes pro day: Mike Tomlin, Kevin Colbert, Todd Bowles, Kacy Rodgers, Doug Whaley, Jeff Ireland.

Wonder who they're looking at, Chickillo and Flowers maybe?

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

http://walterfootball.com/draft2015reader_1.php

Vote for who the Steelers will get in Walterfootball's reader mock

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steelman View Post
    Wonder who they're looking at, Chickillo and Flowers maybe?
    Maybe. Also Walford and Dorsett.

- - - Updated - - -

Everybody has the same ideas on what the position(s) of need is for this draft. What position(s) would absolutely drive you crazy if we draft for? I'm thinking ILB is the only position of no need at all. Maybe Oline.

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Maybe. Also Walford and Dorsett.

- - - Updated - - -

Everybody has the same ideas on what the position(s) of need is for this draft. What position(s) would absolutely drive you crazy if we draft for? I'm thinking ILB is the only position of no need at all. Maybe Oline.
    I still think we go CB and OLB early with another CB later. FS WR and TE will get some looks on the 2nd and 3rd day along with depth at RB and OG. I think DE and DT gets ignored this time around...just based on the lack of interest at Pro days and with visits.

I may lose it if we draft a backup QB or an ILB.

-- Jack Lambert --

Bleedin' the B&G Array title="Steelman has much to be proud of"> Steelman's Avatar

Steven Nelson in for a visit, who also has quite the schedule... http://steelerswire.usatoday.com/201...ers-11-others/