Thread: League Punishes Seahawks for Being too Good at Home?

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Re: League Punishes Seahawks for Being too Good at Home?

That's a dumb excuse. More people will tune in simply because they are the SB champs.
    All Defense!

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

DON"T YOU EVER TALK ABOUT ME!!!!

That's part of being champs. You got to defend your title on the road. Bullseye on the back of your jerseys now.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Maybe they didn't get as much TV exposure because everyone is tired of Richard Sherman's mouth, and of hearing the Seattle fans tell everyone how great the Seattle fans are.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

Maybe it's because despite Seattle winning the SB, they still have half the fan base of the teams mentioned in the article as having more primetime games.

Smaller fanbase = shittier ratings.

IMHO, of course.
    http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    Maybe they didn't get as much TV exposure because everyone is tired of Richard Sherman's mouth, and of hearing the Seattle fans tell everyone how great the Seattle fans are.
    Along with being the biggest collection of whiny emo douchebags as a fanbase that the NFL has to offer to boot?

Meanwhile, the Cowboys get their standard annual 7 prime time games (at least) every season regardless of how shitty a team they field.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Along with being the biggest collection of whiny emo douchebags as a fanbase that the NFL has to offer to boot?

Meanwhile, the Cowboys get their standard annual 7 prime time games (at least) every season regardless of how shitty a team they field.
    Nonsense, the Crygirls are the greatest mediocre team in NFL history.

Senior Member Array title="Godfather has a brilliant future">

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    Seattle fans steal all their traditions from the SEC.

Earthquake Game? LSU. 12th Man? Texas A&M. Next thing you know they'll plant hedges on the field.

I just hope they don't start poisoning trees and teabagging opposing fans.

Senior Member Array title="MrPgh has a spectacular aura about">

It must kill NBC that the Cowboys aren't in the Kickoff game in Seattle or in the first SNF game this year.

Senior Member Array title="Jaucer is on a distinguished road">

midwest ohio home of the MAC high school conference

Plain and simple, it's all about the $$$. The bigger fan bases will draw the better ratings and the better $$$ for the network and the NFL. I don't blame them one bit. Why do you think the Steelers got 5 prime time games in the first 11 weeks???

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

This makes perfect sense. Why do the Steelers continue to get prime time, ratign draw and even better we always make a game of it , even when we should dominate
    Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

Teams like Seattle don't have a big fanbase outside of their home market so there isn't much attraction to them outside of that city or area.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jaucer View Post
    Plain and simple, it's all about the $$$. The bigger fan bases will draw the better ratings and the better $$$ for the network and the NFL. I don't blame them one bit. Why do you think the Steelers got 5 prime time games in the first 11 weeks???
    Oh, I know - I just find it fun to bag on the Cowboys, that's all.

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

Yes it is.

Try living in my area where it's half and half donkos and suckhawk fans.

I had a suckhawk fan ask me when the last year we won a superbowl, I polity said after we beat you.

The look of stupidity was priceless.

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Not only is it fun...it's a way of life.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

It doesn't even matter, all that matters is winning games

Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
    Seattle fans steal all their traditions from the SEC.

Earthquake Game? LSU. 12th Man? Texas A&M. Next thing you know they'll plant hedges on the field.

I just hope they don't start poisoning trees and teabagging opposing fans.
    Texas A&M stole it from the University of Iowa (1903), who probably stole it from the University of Minnesota (1900). Of course, that also discounts the fact that of all the NFL teams, the Seahawks probably have the best claim to it both from a crowd noise prospective, and also for consistently being known as a tough/loud stadium (NFL put a rule in place in 1985 due to the crowd noise at the Kingdome in Seattle). Basically, the term was pretty ubiquitous among football teams until Texas A & M decided to force teams to stop using it, or cash in on out of court settlements.

As far as the earthquake game is concerned . . . LSU did it once. Seattle fans have done it twice, and the first one isn't actually known as the eathquake game, but rather, the "Beast Quake."

And if they planted hedges on the field, chances are it'd be more due to the fact that the Seattle Mariners already did that, than anything the SEC did, especially since the NW cares a whole lot more for the Pac-10 than the SEC (yeah, Pac-10, I'm a traditionalist).