Thread: One good camp pic. Okay, a couple. Two.

Senior Member Array title="Akagi is an unknown quantity at this point">

One good camp pic. Okay, a couple. Two.

Geez. The way the fields were aligned, it was almost impossible to get good pictures like I have the last couple years. I used to be able to get inside guys helmets.

Here is how freaking far away we were.

Anyhow, I did walk around, and I got this one. I have no idea who this is; number forty something. Sean McHugh. I blew the exposure big time, but saved the shot in processing.

Every freaking time I tried to guess which side the pass was going, I guessed wrong. I finally got one. Antonio Brown vs Anthony Madison. When it comes to lenses, size matters.

Re: One good camp pic. Okay, a couple. Two.

From last year. I know, they're old, but I'm really pissed I couldn't get close. Next year I'm going to try and apply for a photographers field pass. Does SU want an official camp photographer? I think I know what I'm doing with this stuff.

AKA Bullet Tooth Tony Array title="tony hipchest will become famous soon enough">

you should definitely try and get that pass. the ones of starks and essex(?) are definitely money shots. kemo vs foster almost looks like a pose. great work!

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

I thought you were kidding when you said you could get inside their helmets.

My 2 cents worth Array title="Burghfan58 is an unknown quantity at this point"> Burghfan58's Avatar

I worked in the photo business for 25 years and can say with some experience that the second set of images are top notch. What is dfferent from last years layout at camp than this years?
    Addicted to Steeler football 24/7 365

The Virginia Hillbilly Array title="Galax Steeler is a splendid one to behold"> Galax Steeler's Avatar

I say go for it that would be great to great to get some close up shots of camp.

The difference is that last year I paid $100 to be a member of the fan club and get a field pass. I was standing right next to the guy with "Sports Illustrated" on his lens. But last year, they practiced on the other field, and "field pass" meant right there on the sideline. This year it's about 15 yards back; the VIP pass wouldn't have been enough. A photographer would have needed true field/sideline access to get good shots.

Quote Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
    you should definitely try and get that pass. the ones of starks and essex(?) are definitely money shots. kemo vs foster almost looks like a pose. great work!
    Yep, Essex.

That was the day that it appeared in the paper the next day that Foster had passed Urbik in progress; you could see him "getting it" as Kemo schooled him on the moves he'd face. Urbik, OTOH, was doing it right twice, then wrong once. You could see the confusion and disgust in his face:

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Great shots Akagi! I had the sideline VIP pass from the fan club for my first trip to camp this season and that is where I got the majority of my best photos. I never thought to zoom in on their faces like that, those look very good.

Member Array title="klick81 is an unknown quantity at this point"> klick81's Avatar

Wow those are some great shots. What kind of camera and lens are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by klick81 View Post
    Wow those are some great shots. What kind of camera and lens are you using?
    Last year it was a Canon 40D with the EF 100-400 f/4.5-5.6 IS-L. This year, same lens but on a 7D body. 7D has a higher frame rate and better af tracking.

Here are more from last year:

I love the shit out of this one. Look at the intensity on Timmon's face, and all the forces flowing in the bodies.

Here's one that was saved in Photoshop, I blew the focus. But I love the shot so much I saved it. This is the shot that made me want the 7D, the 40D couldn't track this with both guys in the frame.

Sheesh, I have like, hundreds of these. 568, to be exact. Not all of them are this good, but there are definitely 568 of them!

AKA Bullet Tooth Tony Array title="tony hipchest will become famous soon enough">

Quote Originally Posted by Akagi View Post

I love the shit out of this one. Look at the intensity on Timmon's face, and all the forces flowing in the bodies.

beautiful. its like your very own early michaelangelo 'battle of the centaurs".
    [SIGPIC]http://avatarfarm.com/avatarimages/movies/getitatporkysavatar.gif[/SIGPIC]

LOL, yeah! It's classical!

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

Wow, great work! Must be nice to see them in training camp.

Senior Member Array title="CanadianSteel is an unknown quantity at this point"> CanadianSteel's Avatar

nice shots, specially the facial close ups...... I think I remember seeing these last year...... but thanks again for sharing...
    HERE WE GO STEELERS.... HERE WE GO.....

I posted them, late, at a couple different forums. I didn't get any responses then. Not that I needed any, but I wasn't sure how many people saw them. I enjoy sharing them, and of course I enjoy the positive feedback!

MST Junkie Array title="SteelCityMom is on a distinguished road">

I love that one of Hines! What a classic shot of him.

Very good pics all around though and thanks for sharing!

Reigning Black & Gold Array title="venom has a reputation beyond repute"> venom's Avatar

I dont know if its art , but I like it , lol . Great Job !!!!

Steeler Nation Array title="O'Malley will become famous soon enough"> O'Malley's Avatar

Top notch pics. You should get that feild pass. Your pictures could easily be in sports illistrated!