Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: combine news

Dwinsgames

combine news

Dale Lolley ‏@dlolleyor 1m Per @jimwexell #Steelers will meet with Kelvin Benjamin and Donte Moncrief. Both big WRs

Dwinsgames

Re: combine news

seeing a lot , tons of info out there right now but seemingly I am by myself in here so will just get to reading lol

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Please pass along anything that you hear. I don't follow anyone on Twitter and usually this forum is my best source of news regarding the Steelers.

Dwinsgames

James C Wexell ‏@jimwexell 4h #Steelers have met w FB-TE Trey Millard, one of most maniacal blockers I've seen at that position. Recovering from ACL tear. Late rd steal.

- - - Updated - - -

http://sportsblogs.post-gazette.com/...s/201402210002

- - - Updated - - -

Matthew Fairburn ‏@MatthewFairburn 3h Ka'Deem Carey said he has visited with the Dolphins, Steelers, Giants, Vikings and Browns among others.

- - - Updated - - -

a TE I mentioned here a time or two lit up the bench press with 35 ( 0-lineman like numbers ) I am not big on workout numbers I am a show it to me on the field but since we are talking about a Dixie State prospect not much film to be found seeing he has the brute strength is a positive

http://musketfire.com/2014/02/14/nfl...oe-don-duncan/

Dwinsgames

Ed Bouchette ‏@EdBouchette 5h What the #Steelers consider most important at the Indy Combine may not be what you think. GM Kevin Colbert has http://www.sulia.com/my_thoughts/ae95bcde-a2a8-4a3f-bef9-b6122fcdf5db/?source=tw&action=prop&form_factor=desktop …

- - - Updated - - -

SteelTownUsa® ‏@SteelTownUsa 6h #Steelers Gerry Dulac's Steelers chat transcript: Live from the NFL Scouting Combine http://srhlink.com/4zpKFq #SteeltownUsa

- - - Updated - - -

Matt Shetler ‏@buccos12 7h 2014 NFL Scouting Combine: Cornerbacks the #Steelers should have an eye on http://cityofchampionssports.com/?p=12407

- - - Updated - - -

Curt Popejoy ‏@NFLdraftboard Feb 20 Pittsburgh #Steelers Round 1 Big Board Ahead of the Combine http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/1963899-pittsburgh-steelers-round-1-big-board-ahead-of-the-combine …

- - - Updated - - -

that should keep you busy for a few min

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    James C Wexell ‏@jimwexell 4h #Steelers have met w FB-TE Trey Millard, one of most maniacal blockers I've seen at that position. Recovering from ACL tear. Late rd steal.

- - - Updated - - -

http://sportsblogs.post-gazette.com/...s/201402210002

- - - Updated - - -

Matthew Fairburn ‏@MatthewFairburn 3h Ka'Deem Carey said he has visited with the Dolphins, Steelers, Giants, Vikings and Browns among others.

- - - Updated - - -

a TE I mentioned here a time or two lit up the bench press with 35 ( 0-lineman like numbers ) I am not big on workout numbers I am a show it to me on the field but since we are talking about a Dixie State prospect not much film to be found seeing he has the brute strength is a positive

http://musketfire.com/2014/02/14/nfl...oe-don-duncan/
    35 reps? Holy heck.

His production looks pretty respectable too...
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Dwinsgames

Burt Lauten ‏@SteelersPRBurt 5h .@steelers Prez Art Rooney II will be live on @SteelersNRadio (@970espn) on Sat. at 9:15 am w/ @BobLabriola, @gerrydulac & @TomScrapBradley

- - - Updated - - -

Gerry Dulac ‏@gerrydulac 33s Our Saturday morning broadcast from NFL Combine at Lucas Oil Stadium begins at 8 am, not 9 am, on @970espn.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Dwins I think you spoiled me with Fiedorowicz, Gillmore doesn't impress me…but I haven't seen more than the video you posted above.

Dwinsgames

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    Dwins I think you spoiled me with Fiedorowicz, Gillmore doesn't impress me…but I haven't seen more than the video you posted above.
    no doubt CJF is the better player as of right now , but his cost could very well be out of our reach ...time will tell

- - - Updated - - -

also CJFed has better talent around him .... Gillmore even in that vid was wide open multiple times and no ball QB went elsewhere into coverage

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

What are your thoughts on Khalil Mack? Mayock seems to be high on him.

Dwinsgames

What are your thoughts on Khalil Mack? Mayock seems to be high on him.

Costly ...very costly LOL

probably the second defensive player selected in this draft ...

Mack is squeaky clean compared to Clowney but not nearly as talented and the squeak is not loud enough to void the tape ..either Mayock has suddenly become a choir boy scout or he is missing something or seeing some things I can't .... he has been quoted as saying he would take Mack #1 over all .... I don't see it

Would you take him at 15 if he was available?

Dwinsgames

Would you take him at 15 if he was available?
    in record time ... but he wont be there bank on it ( unless he commits murder , suicide or robs a bank something really outlandish / horrible ) he is gone top 7 picks IMO

Your probably right on Mack……but sometimes. I noticed a few mocks had Nix as the Steeler first pick, I hope this is not the case

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

You never know.

Noone would have ever expected DeCastro to be around at 20 or 25.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

I was just going to start this thread. You guys are awesome.....I've trained you well!

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LLT View Post
    Left home without DVRing the *#%@*% combine!!!!!!!!!!
    What provider do you use?

I know TWC and Directv have a phone app and you can set your dvr from anywhere.

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Kouandjio ran a 5.56 40 with only 21 reps on the bench. That's definitely not going to help him.

Dwinsgames

Quote Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
    You never know.

Noone would have ever expected DeCastro to be around at 20 or 25.

much different with Guards and Safety as they are not " valued" pos by most NFL teams , more of a well we have to have " somebody play there may as well be him " sort of thing as silly as that sounds ( isn't really that bad ) but there is no premium put on them unless they are so outstanding it just can't be ingored

How about Punter Pat O'Donnell, 26 reps and 4:53. Not bad for a punter.

Dwinsgames

Dan Kadar ‏@MockingTheDraft 1m HE WEIGHS 332 POUNDS! RT @JoshNorris Greg Robinson's first "unofficial" forty: 4.88. 1.69 10 yd

- - - Updated - - -

Dane Brugler ‏@dpbrugler 39s Sua-Filo with a 4.90 unofficial 40. 1.75 10-yd split

- - - Updated - - -

Josh Norris ‏@JoshNorris 39s Trai Turner's first "unofficial" forty: 4.84. 10 yd of 1.72

- - - Updated - - -

NDT Scouting, KMC ‏@NFLDraftTracker 22s David Yankey: (NFLN time) 5.50

- - - Updated - - -

NDT Scouting, KMC ‏@NFLDraftTracker 9s Lewan's second run: (NFLN) 4.85

- - - Updated - - -

bigger / stronger/faster continues

- - - Updated - - -

Josh Norris ‏@JoshNorris 35s Jake Matthews second "unofficial" forty: 4.91. 10 yd of 1.72

- - - Updated - - -

Eric Galko ‏@OptimumScouting 29s Extremely fast times today. The 10% mark for OTs is 5.05 40-yard dash, 1.72 ten-yard split. For OGs it's 5.06 40, 1.74 ten-yard

- - - Updated - - -

Dan Hope ‏@Dan_Hope 26s Should be said now before I keep going on about them: I'd be confident most of these 40 times will slow down by at least a full .1 second.

well I am bored with the numbers thing ... they will all be posted online for everyone to see at nfl.com/combine at some point ....

will post more if something Significant happens

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    What provider do you use?

I know TWC and Directv have a phone app and you can set your dvr from anywhere.
    I have direct tv...but I dont have the account number with me...and the wife is at work also. (She warned me last night that I would forget.)
    "I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play"

-- Jack Lambert --

Dwinsgames

Josh Norris ‏@JoshNorris 7s Greg Robinson's official forty was 4.92, per @richeisen. Taylor Lewan ran an official 4.87.

I think that we may see a Vikings/Jaguars trade...I still think the Jags might be targeting Manziel, but its beginning to look like he will be available at #8, and the Vikes can trade up for Bridgewater at #3.

If so...The Browns may trade down and pick up Carr or wait until the second round for Garoppolo.
    "I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play"

-- Jack Lambert --

Dwinsgames

Clowney believe he is scheme diverse and wants to run a 4.4 ....

Dwinsgames

James C Wexell ‏@jimwexell 1m #Steelers have interviewed Benjamin, Moncrief, Ebron and last night Allen Robinson. But not Mike Evans.

- - - Updated - - -

Bad news for OT Cyrus Kouandjio. I’m told several teams have failed him on his physical. Arthritic knee from failed surgery

Dwinsgames

Mike Loyko ‏@NEPD_Loyko 48s Fiedorowicz had the best short shuttle of a TE at 4.26 and Amaro was fourth at 4.30

- - - Updated - - -

Kelvin Benjamin posted 13 bench press reps. 34 7/8" arms

- - - Updated - - -

Jordan Matthews posted 21 bench press reps with 33 1/4" arms.

- - - Updated - - -

Sammy Watkins, Martavis Bryant and Brandin Cooks posted 16 bench press reps.

- - - Updated - - -

James C Wexell ‏@jimwexell 8s Of ILB prospects I've talked to here, Jordan Zumwalt has impressed me as not only the toughest, but the smartest. Informal meet w #Steelers.