Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: combine news

Dwinsgames

Re: combine news

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    The only place Clowney will be appearing in 10 years is on multiple all-time draft bust lists
    he is uber talented , my biggest concern is keeping him motivated and his off field habits that could kill him or those around him

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    CB with 32″ arms: Desir, McGill, Jean-Baptiste, Fuller, Gilbert, Purifoy, Westbrooks. That’s it.
    jean-baptiste is just getting measured up, and not doing drills?

- - - Updated - - -

kadeem carey bombed his 40 with a 4.7 official time. looks like he'll tumble down draft boards. good thing for us, arguably a top 4-5 RB in the draft before this. ill take him with a 4th-5th
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Dwinsgames

to help keep these combine numbers in perspective look at 2012 Chris Rainey http://nflcombineresults.com/playerpage.php?i=9760

36.5 verticle

4.36 -40 with a 1.47-10 split ...

6.50 - 3 cone drill

NFL Bust

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

to help keep these combine numbers in perspective look at 2012 Chris Rainey http://nflcombineresults.com/playerpage.php?i=9760

36.5 verticle

4.36 -40 with a 1.47-10 split ...

6.50 - 3 cone drill

NFL Bust
    Rainey was also 5'8'' and under 190 pounds. He was just too darn small.

But you do raise an excellent point that the #'s put up at the annual underwear olympics are just that...underwear olympics numbers.

But you can't teach someone to be a giant or fast....

Dwinsgames

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Rainey was also 5'8'' and under 190 pounds. He was just too darn small.

But you do raise an excellent point that the #'s put up at the annual underwear olympics are just that...underwear olympics numbers.

Mike Kudla

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post

Tony Mandarich

6'6'' 325lb.

4.65 official 40 yard dash

30 inch vertical

broad jump: over 10 feet

bench pressed 225 x 39
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Administrator Array title="Texasteel has a reputation beyond repute"> Texasteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    Tony Mandarich
    All they had to do with Mandarich is teach him to swallow. No,,,, wait,,,,,,,,, that didn't come out quite right.

AML

Dwinsgames

Mike Kudla DE combine results ...

6'2" 265

4.72-40

1.63-10 split time

4.45 -20 yard shuttle

37inch vertical

7.22 - 3 cone drill

45 reps @225 ( record setting performance at the time )

NFL statistics http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/...010/mike-kudla

Senior Member Array title="Steeltreal will become famous soon enough"> Steeltreal's Avatar

San Diego St. RB Muema left combine because God told him?
    "It comes with the Territory" - Floyd 'Money' Mayweather

Senior Member Array title="steeldawg is a jewel in the rough">

Quote Originally Posted by Steeltreal View Post
    San Diego St. RB Muema left combine because God told him?
    I just read this story lol, If im a GM I might be worried about his state of mind. God also told tebow to play qb and now hes out of a job.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Oh I get the workout warrior thing. I'm just saying that every year it only takes one team/GM to fall in love with some prospect's size/speed ratio(s) and then you get a guy drafted that looks like Tarzan getting off the bus and plays like Jane.

Vernon Gholston, Mike Mamula, Matt Jones, Bozworth, the list goes on and on.

Also I was trying to be a smart ass...the breathless hyperventilating that comes from the media as they use combine numbers to reshuffle their draft boards by the hour...as if these guys had no game tape to go off of...

U.S. AIR FORCE Array title="Hindes204 has much to be proud of"> Hindes204's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    Tony Mandarich

6'6'' 325lb.

4.65 official 40 yard dash

30 inch vertical

broad jump: over 10 feet

bench pressed 225 x 39
    that at dude was all kinds of jacked on roids. What a bust that dude was....Aikman, B sanders, D Thomas, and D Sanders rounded out the top five that year

Scouting talent downunder Array title="Aussie_steeler is a name known to all"> Aussie_steeler's Avatar

Heading into the CB / Safety workouts my board for the first 3 rounds ( factoring in combine footage from today for WR's)

Round 1 Targets: Mike Evans, Marquise Lee, Justin Gilbert, Calvin Prior, Eric Ebron
    Round 2 Targets: Kyle Fuller, Jordan Matthews, Kyle Van Noy, Ed Reynolds
    Round 3 comp Targets: Donte Moncrieff , Terrance Brooks, Pierre Desir

Locked in on WR, CB, FS. Thrown in Van Noy because he is a player and Ebron because he could be classified as a tall receiver

If I had to pick I would lock in
    1. Mike Evans WR
    2. Kyle Fuller CB
    3. Terrance Brooks FS

I realise it is a small group but these ones look like steelers to me.

"NUMBER 7 FOR OUR BELOVED ONE IN HEAVEN"

Dwinsgames

just got this tweet , not following them , they are not following me ... just out of the blue ...is this even possible ? LOL I know I was early to the Janis train but this early ? I dunno lol

Trendinalia USA ‏@trendinaliaUS 15m @Dwinsgames the 1st mention of 'Jeff Janis' appears on your TL. Now is Trending Topic in United States! #trndnl
    View conversation

if I was the first to mention him all credit goes to BigCurt @nfldraftboard from Bleacher report as well , an old friend that got me on to Janis back in early December

Dwinsgames

Anthony Barr does 15 reps ......... will he take the same amount of abuse as Clowney did for 21 > remember tiny 5'8 or 9 175 pound Dri Archer did 20

Dwinsgames

Michael Sam 4.79 and 4.84 -40 ... 17 reps .... That was the second-worst showing among defensive linemen, and plenty of non-linemen , not strong , not fast , not a good combination

Dwinsgames

Jadeveon Clowney runs an Official 4.53 40 yard dash

- - - Updated - - -

Gil Brandt ‏@Gil_Brandt 33s Someone will take Clowney very high in this draft. I'm not sure I'd ever be completely comfortable drafting him.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Todd McShay ‏@McShay13 33s Clowney official 40 time = 4.53. The 5-yr average of wide receivers at the combine is 4.54. WRs average 202 lbs. Clowney checked in a t266

- - - Updated - - -

Thomas Melton ‏@TMeltonScouting 39s Kelvin Benjamin ended up with a top 50 grade from me, and is my #7 ranked wide receiver thus far. Tons of upside, but needs significant work

- - - Updated - - -

Dane Brugler ‏@dpbrugler 37s Michael Sam showed at the SR Bowl that he won't be a LB in the NFL. His times today back that up. Nickel rusher, not a lock to make a roster

- - - Updated - - -

Kyle Bonagura ‏@BonaguraESPN 18m Oregon State WR Brandin Cooks' time in the 60-yard shuttle (10.72) is the fastest time ever in http://NFL.com combine database.

Dwinsgames

Ryan Shazier has a 42" vertical ...wow

Dwinsgames

Max Bullough first "unofficial" forty: 4.78. 10 yd of 1.68 ....was hoping to see a better time

Dwinsgames

Chris Borland second "unofficial" forty: 4.78. 10 yd of 1.63

- - - Updated - - -

Anthony Barr second "unofficial" forty: 4.63. 10 yd of 1.56

- - - Updated - - -

Khalil Mack runs a 4.66 40

- - - Updated - - -

Reminder that Ryan Shazier has a hamstring injury. That's why he isn't running the 40-yard dash.

- - - Updated - - -

Shayne Skov is not running

- - - Updated - - -

CJ Mosley not running

Dwinsgames

Adrian Hubbard at 6'6'' and 257 lbs. turned in an unofficial 4.63 40

- - - Updated - - -

Adrian Hubbard second "unofficial" forty: 4.53. 10 yd of 1.63

Dwinsgames

Telvin Smith second "unofficial" forty: 4.41. 10 yd of 1.53.... 0.o

- - - Updated - - -

4.48 and 4.41 Unofficial for Telvin Smith at 218 , we could be looking at a future SS instead of LBer ala Carnell Lake

Dwinsgames

Bishop Sankey put up the best Shuttle 4.00 and 3-Cone 6.75 among RBs....again my favorite RB in the entire draft

Dwinsgames

Kony Ealy has the third best 3-cone time (6.83) among DLs since 2006. Tied with Melvin Ingram. That is outstanding.

Dwinsgames

Official 3-cone times: Kony Ealy 6.83 Jeffcoat 6.97 Marsh 7.08 Donald 7.11 H Jones 7.16 Gayle 7.19 Crichton 7.19 Martin 7.20 Clowney 7.27

probably the single most important drill IMO for a pass rusher

- - - Updated - - -

Aaron Donald's 3-cone drill time (7.11 seconds) exceptional for interior DL or end on a 3-4

Dwinsgames

James Gayle having a very solid combine a guy I had in early mocks back in December

Dwinsgames

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Telvin Smith second "unofficial" forty: 4.41. 10 yd of 1.53.... 0.o

- - - Updated - - -

4.48 and 4.41 Unofficial for Telvin Smith at 218 , we could be looking at a future SS instead of LBer ala Carnell Lake
    I talked about him previously as a SS. I'd love to see the Steelers draft him for that purpose.

Dwinsgames

Dri Archers record 40 time is more at closer look , Five-eight Dri Archer ran 40 yards in only 18 steps, tying Calvin Johnson...18 steps for 40 yards by a guy 5'8" ... unbelievable