Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: combine news

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Re: combine news

Mayock wasn't impressed with the TE's today. I suppose this could be a good thing for later round picking on TE's.

I noticed Gillmore was listed as a #3 TE. I'd be very happy if we could land CJ or Niklas.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/...ore?id=2543794

Dwinsgames

Rotoworld NFL Draft ‏@Rotoworld_Draft now Beckham Jr. posts an unofficial 4.31 forty http://dlvr.it/50PtLq

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    Mayock wasn't impressed with the TE's today. I suppose this could be a good thing for later round picking on TE's.

I noticed Gillmore was listed as a #3 TE. I'd be very happy if we could land CJ or Niklas.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/...ore?id=2543794
    Mayock , like Kiper is interested in making headlines ... both have some good info but they are also headline hoe's so you have to be careful how much stock you put into some of what they say ...

as for gillmore being a #3 TE I guess that would greatly depend on the type of scheme you run ... he would be a solid 2 on the Steelers with 1 potential IMO based on how we use the TE in our system ...

In N.E. he would probably be a 3 but look how they use their T.E. vs how we use them and that will help understand how they are ranking these guys ....

- - - Updated - - -

ILB Jordan Zumwalt who met w/ #Steelers

Senior Member Array title="steeldawg is a jewel in the rough">

Did anyone watch mike evans at the combine today? He was looking good 4.4 40 time and his hands were awesome, at 6'5'' 230 I loved it

Dwinsgames

Kelvin Benjamin far too slow in this double move drill.not gonna fake out many NFL DB's

Dwinsgames

so many on the Bortles train , i have never personally seen it .....

finally someone substantial agrees with me ...

Greg Gabriel ‏@greggabe 7m I'll take McCarton over Bortles 100% of the time. I've have liked AJ since I started doing tape on him in Aug.
    - - - Updated - - -

David Todd ‏@DavidMTodd 1m Very serious story here #NotreDame@FootballPost:Prince Shembo admits he was player involved in Lizzy Seeberg case http://bit.ly/NoFUxd

U.S. AIR FORCE Array title="Hindes204 has much to be proud of"> Hindes204's Avatar

Shit, I slept in.....luckily they rerun the combine over and over and over and over again, lol

Dwinsgames

James C Wexell ‏@jimwexell 4s Fla. State free safety Terrence Brooks, who picked off 2 vs. Pitt and dropped 2 others, has met with the #Steelers.

- - - Updated - - -

measurables may hurt Dennard with teams who don't follow the tape as much as they should 5'11 and just 30 inch arms ....

- - - Updated - - -

Kyle Fuller rounded measurements: 6'0/190 lbs. 32 7/8" arms and 9 3/8" hands.

- - - Updated - - -

Justin Gilbert rounded measurements: 6'0/202 lbs. 33 1/8" arms and 8 5/8" hands.

- - - Updated - - -

Cody Hoffman first "unofficial" forty: 4.54. 1.62 10 yd. ..kid could be steal of the draft if he keeps that 5th-6th round tag when the draft happens

- - - Updated - - -

Saginaw Valley St. WR Jeff Janis just made $ by running a 4.30 unofficial 40 at 6'3", 219 lbs

Administrator Array title="Texasteel has a reputation beyond repute"> Texasteel's Avatar

Interested in seeing Dennard's vertical jump.

Fuller, and Gilbert's measurements are what I thought they would be, if Gilbert is there at 15, has got to be tempting. I like both.

I was hoping Janis wouldn't show that kind of speed here. Oh well.

AML

Dwinsgames

Grp 2 WR 40s- Janis:4.30 T.Jones:4.40 J.Matthews:4.40 Herron:4.45 Huff:4.45 Hurns:4.53 Lee:4.50 Lucas:4.52 Hoffman:4.54 Landry:4.65

Dwinsgames

Exum feels he is best CB in draft ! , also Exum and Fuller have a bet on who is drafted first ....

- - - Updated - - -

Matthew Fairburn ‏@MatthewFairburn 57s Justin Gilbert said he doesn't even know who Antone Exum is.

- - - Updated - - -

U.S. AIR FORCE Array title="Hindes204 has much to be proud of"> Hindes204's Avatar

I love watching the combine for the mere fact that Gorscak reminds me of home....da burgh accent is strong in that one, lol

Dwinsgames

Scott Wright ‏@DraftCountdown 56s Sleeper CB: Brandon Dixon of NW Missouri St. (@BDixs1) played Jeff Janis and John Brown in '13. Combined 6 REC for 66 YDS & 0 TD in 2 Games.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    Grp 2 WR 40s- Janis:4.30 T.Jones:4.40 J.Matthews:4.40 Herron:4.45 Huff:4.45 Hurns:4.53 Lee:4.50 Lucas:4.52 Hoffman:4.54 Landry:4.65
    I don't know much about the player, but saw some of Janis' measurables posted elsewhere. He seems to scream Steelers mid-round draft pick at WR. Small school that no one has ever heard of, he can flat out fly, and apparently runs decent routes. On top of that he has a bit of length to him. That just seems to totally describe almost every single WR the Steelers have drafted recently.

Dwinsgames

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    I don't know much about the player, but saw some of Janis' measurables posted elsewhere. He seems to scream Steelers mid-round draft pick at WR. Small school that no one has ever heard of, he can flat out fly, and apparently runs decent routes. On top of that he has a bit of length to him. That just seems to totally describe almost every single WR the Steelers have drafted recently.

most of the same could be said of John Brown with exception to length ( 5'11" ) but he can flat out fly as well 4.3-40 and very good production at Pittsburg state where the QB basically sucks and he was not used very well ... ask bigC about brown he knows him well ( live in same town Pittsburg Kansas )

http://www.draftcountdown.com/Scouti...John-Brown.php
    - - - Updated - - -

wait here ... Curt Popejoy ‏@NFLdraftboard 13m Lot of talk about John Brown. Real talk. John was on an offense that limited how they used him, and limited throwing talent at qb.

- - - Updated - - -

James C Wexell ‏@jimwexell 28s No surprise, #Steelers to meet with CB Justin Gilbert tonight. He thinks he might run a 4.2 Tuesday.

Dwinsgames

Administrator Array title="Texasteel has a reputation beyond repute"> Texasteel's Avatar

If Gilbert runs a 4.2 the Steelers may as well just say " Hi Justin, have a nice day."

AML

Dwinsgames

Quote Originally Posted by Texasteel View Post
    If Gilbert runs a 4.2 the Steelers may as well just say " Hi Justin, have a nice day."
    he wont run that 4.2 , he is fast but not lightning in a bottle fast IMO

if he does he can have fun being a Raider

- - - Updated - - -

James C Wexell ‏@jimwexell 20s NT Louis Nix met w Mike Tomlin ("He was a cool guy") last night. More from a funny and informative interview later at http://steelcityinsider.net

Dwinsgames

Shane P. Hallam ‏@ShanePHallam 1m Brandin Cooks at 4.33 is excellent officially. He is a route runner too, not just all speed.

- - - Updated - - -

Shane P. Hallam ‏@ShanePHallam 2m Watkins at 4.43 officially. Jordan Matthews at 4.46 officially is a REAL nice time. 4.40 officially for Donte Moncrief at 221 is great too.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Thanks for the continued updates, Dwins!

- - - Updated - - -

[QUOTE=Dwinsgames;424396]he wont run that 4.2 , he is fast but not lightning in a bottle fast IMO

if he does he can have fun being a Raider

Shane P. Hallam ‏@ShanePHallam 1m Brandin Cooks at 4.33 is excellent officially. He is a route runner too, not just all speed.

- - - Updated - - -

Shane P. Hallam ‏@ShanePHallam 2m Watkins at 4.43 officially. Jordan Matthews at 4.46 officially is a REAL nice time. 4.40 officially for Donte Moncrief at 221 is great too.
    All these times seem a little faster than I expected. We might want to take these with a grain of salt.

AML

Dwinsgames

WR verticals: Mike Evans 37" Cooks 36" Matthews 35.5" Watkins 34" Saunders 34" Benjamin 32.5" Coleman 32.5" Tevin Reese posted a 41" vertical Davante Adams 39.5" Ellington 39.5" Bryant 39" Robinson 39" Beckham Jr. 38.5" Lee 38" Richardson 38" , Moncrief 39.5, Bryant 39, Robinson 39, Beckham 38.5, Mason 38, Archer 38, Lee 38, A. Williams 38, Evans 37

- - - Updated - - -

Official WR 40 times: Cooks 4.33 Moncrief 4.40 Richardson 4.40 Bryant 4.42 Beckham Jr. 4.43 Watkins 4.43 Saunders 4.44 Ellington 4.45 More Official WR 40 times: Matthews 4.46 Herron 4.48 Norwood 4.48 Gallon 4.49 Abbrederis 4.50 Hazel 4.50 Lee 4.52 Evans 4.53 Benjamin 4.61 Official WR 40 times: Cooks 4.33 Moncrief 4.40 Richardson 4.40 Bryant 4.42 Beckham Jr. 4.43 Watkins 4.43 Saunders 4.44 Ellington 4.45

Dwinsgames

this is information overload , but please realize none of these numbers means a hill of beans if it does not show up on tape .... keep that in mind when reading this stuff / watching this stuff ....

- - - Updated - - -

and to keep it in perspective ....

Clowney did 21 reps @225 ... Tiny Dri Archer did 20

- - - Updated - - -

James C Wexell ‏@jimwexell 2m HaHa Clinton-Dix to meet w #Steelers tonight. Last meeting report; time to work. Like Sat, other Steelers meetings reported later at SCI.

- - - Updated - - -

Dri Archer with a 4.29 unofficial 40-yard dash

Dwinsgames

Antonio Andrews first "unofficial" forty: 4.76. 10 yard of 1.68 , he went from late round flier to UDFA with that performance ..I thought he would run a 4.55-4.6

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

- - - Updated - - -

jordan matthews = jordy nelson

good to see that we have a lot of options as far as big receivers in this draft
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Dwinsgames

my fav RB in the draft ...Bishop Sankey first "unofficial" forty: 4.47. 10 yd of 1.59

Clowney wants Falcons to trade up for him

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...de-up-for-him/

This would be the final nail in the coffin if my team had any intentions of picking him.

Dwinsgames

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    jordan matthews = jordy nelson

good to see that we have a lot of options as far as big receivers in this draft
    yea deeeeeeeeepppppp talent ... to think a guy 6'4" that runs a 4.5-40 and has 33 collegiate TDs and over 3600 yard is considered a 5th round ( or later ) prospect ....( Hoffman )

Dwinsgames

Dri Archer second "unofficial" forty: 4.28. 10 yd of 1.47

Dwinsgames

CB with 32″ arms: Desir, McGill, Jean-Baptiste, Fuller, Gilbert, Purifoy, Westbrooks. That’s it.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    Clowney wants Falcons to trade up for him

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...de-up-for-him/

This would be the final nail in the coffin if my team had any intentions of picking him.
    The only place Clowney will be appearing in 10 years is on multiple all-time draft bust lists