Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: FA In for a Visit

Administrator Array title="Texasteel has a reputation beyond repute"> Texasteel's Avatar

Re: FA In for a Visit

Didn't they play a 4-3 till 2012, and switched to a 3-4 in 2013. I'm hearing that they plan on going back to a 4-3 defense next year.

AML

Dwinsgames

Quote Originally Posted by Texasteel View Post
    Didn't they play a 4-3 till 2012, and switched to a 3-4 in 2013. I'm hearing that they plan on going back to a 4-3 defense next year.
    I could be mistaken but I think they emulate NE on Def . 3-4 and 4-3 fronts

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Looks Like Lance Moore is coming for a visit.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3545/lance-moore

Dwinsgames

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Looks Like Lance Moore is coming for a visit.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3545/lance-moore

as said in another thread 30 years old , coming off a down year ( one of his worst ) , hot and cold receiver from a prolific passing attack in N.O. , looks as though his best play is behind him so should be dirt cheap or not at all ....

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    as said in another thread 30 years old , coming off a down year ( one of his worst ) , hot and cold receiver from a prolific passing attack in N.O. , looks as though his best play is behind him so should be dirt cheap or not at all ....
    Agreed…like a $1.298

Dwinsgames

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    Agreed…like a $1.298
    a buck .298 lol , haven't heard that in years ( showing your age shoes )

I have a question on those numbers is that per year , per game , per snap or for each play he actually makes ?

haha

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

a buck .298 lol , haven't heard that in years ( showing your age shoes )

I have a question on those numbers is that per year , per game , per snap or for each play he actually makes ?

haha
    That would be per year…and it's good to have a fellow geezer around.

Dwinsgames

That would be per year…and it's good to have a fellow geezer around.
    whatdaya say der sonny ?

whatdaya say der sonny ?

Senior Member Array title="Steelerette has much to be proud of"> Steelerette's Avatar

I was hoping he'd retire. Every time I autodraft I wind up with Moore on my roster without fail.

Dwinsgames

a guy I would not mind kicking the tires on is Arrelious Benn a 2nd round pick 4 years ago who for what ever reason just never made a huge impact , 6'2" -220- 4.43-40 super athletic for a man his size was stuck in Tampa with no QB play to speak of traded to Philly and tore his acl last aug in training camp should be a low risk high reward kind of player who is only 25 if he don't pan out you cut him loose with little to no cap implications

Is he a FA, Dwins?

Dwinsgames

Is he a FA, Dwins?
    listed as one here http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...agents-by-team

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

FA In for a Visit

He's under contract with the Eagles and still,listed on their roster...unless he got cut today...

you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Dwinsgames

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    He's under contract with the Eagles and still,listed on their roster...unless he got cut today...
    I dunno , seen him listed as a FA , googled his contract and he signed a 1 year deal in 2013 is all I could find ... may has resigned but never heard anything nor did I see anything when googling ..strange should not be on roster if a FA but should show something on web if he signed a new deal too .. so no clue

Dwinsgames

ok scrath him .... 2014 team option http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/philadelp...rrelious-benn/

Any news on the James Starks visit? I guess it's tomorrow? Some said today?

Dwinsgames

Any news on the James Starks visit? I guess it's tomorrow? Some said today?
    re signed with Packer 2 year deal ...another one bites the dust

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

Damn. We're gonna have our own version of the "Replacements" soon.

Dwinsgames

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

You know it's desperation time when people are blowing you off for the Raiders.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Colbert was last seen loading his revolver after shooting off his last toe.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Over 11 million dollars for James Jones? That isn't in dollars is it? What are they paying him per drop?

Dwinsgames

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Over 11 million dollars for James Jones? That isn't in dollars is it? What are they paying him per drop?

Paying him to nab 14 TDs per year like he did in 2012 , problem is they did not bother to see he has 37 in a 7 year career including those same 14 ...

another issue with Jones ( and I like him ) he has always been the #3 weapon , In Oakland they have pretty much NOBODY else so he is going to draw the top cover man now not the second or 3rd best cover man ....

Jones apparently is up for the challenge or is to dumb to realize it or he would have bugged his agent to get him into Pittsburgh where he could be a #2

I feel this will be partly why Cotchery will not be back , the Panthers will look at his 2013 production and pay him for that level of performance where it is / was an anomaly , Cotchery never in his career had that kind of production and I doubt he ever does again

Paying him to nab 14 TDs per year like he did in 2012 , problem is they did not bother to see he has 37 in a 7 year career including those same 14 ...

another issue with Jones ( and I like him ) he has always been the #3 weapon , In Oakland they have pretty much NOBODY else so he is going to draw the top cover man now not the second or 3rd best cover man ....

Jones apparently is up for the challenge or is to dumb to realize it or he would have bugged his agent to get him into Pittsburgh where he could be a #2

I feel this will be partly why Cotchery will not be back , the Panthers will look at his 2013 production and pay him for that level of performance where it is / was an anomaly , Cotchery never in his career had that kind of production and I doubt he ever does again
    The fact that both Cotchery and Jones had randomly (and most likely unrepeatable) productive seasons last year is why I am more than happy to let some other team pay for it.

If a RB and a WR are not loked at in the next week or so; then I might start to worry.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

Just saw on Twitter that Sidney Rice has a visit scheduled with Steelers. Thoughts?
    http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg

Dwinsgames

Quote Originally Posted by msafford View Post
    Just saw on Twitter that Sidney Rice has a visit scheduled with Steelers. Thoughts?
    he looked incredible with Favre .... his biggest enemy is himself , can't stay healthy ..athletic , fast , good hands

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

he looked incredible with Favre .... his biggest enemy is himself , can't stay healthy ..athletic , fast , good hands
    My thoughts exactly. Health would be my biggest concern.

Whoops. The Rice to the Steelers report was not true, I guess. Silly me.