Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sochi Olympics - Medal Count

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Re: Sochi Olympics - Medal Count

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    This one is for Spike.

Norway always does and even more a amazing since they only have about 5 million in population.

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    Norway always does and even more a amazing since they only have about 5 million in population.
    What else is there to do in Norway? Summer lasts about 2 weeks in most of the country, and is home to the coldest permanently inhabited cities (major and minor) on the planet. Cross-country skiing is how they get down to the local Starbucks for a latte.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
    What else is there to do in Norway? Summer lasts about 2 weeks in most of the country, and is home to the coldest permanently inhabited cities (major and minor) on the planet. Cross-country skiing is how they get down to the local Starbucks for a latte.
    I think it has more to do with enjoying the outdoors. I lived 12 years in Sweden and have friends in Norway….they spend very little time in front of a TV and computer. As for cold, the winters are harsher here in Colorado than Norway or Sweden, except in the very northern parts of the countries…and most folks live central to southern.

http://worldtop10.net/top-10-coldest...-in-the-world/

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    I think it has more to do with enjoying the outdoors. I lived 12 years in Sweden and have friends in Norway….they spend very little time in front of a TV and computer. As for cold, the winters are harsher here in Colorado than Norway or Sweden, except in the very northern parts of the countries…and most folks live central to southern.

http://worldtop10.net/top-10-coldest...-in-the-world/
    I stand corrected then, though I did figure they love the outdoors. We used to love the outdoors here in 'Merica, but McDonald's and reality TV ruined that. I'd throw video games in there, but we had Atari and Nintendo in the 1980s and we still spent a lot more time outdoors than we do today.

Quote Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
    I stand corrected then, though I did figure they love the outdoors. We used to love the outdoors here in 'Merica, but McDonald's and reality TV ruined that. I'd throw video games in there, but we had Atari and Nintendo in the 1980s and we still spent a lot more time outdoors than we do today.
    Things have surely changed, Eric. My wife is an R.N. in pediatrics and she has found a steady increase of TV/computer time in children from 2 years old to teens. Children 2-4 years old are in front of the screen 2-4 hours a day. It increases from ages 4-10 to 4-8 hours a day and goes even higher in the teens. When my wife asks children what they would like to do more of, they say "to play outside more". It seems the parents are a big part of the problem.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Banned Array title="Spike is just really nice">

Fucking refs were paid off by the baby seal pup clubbers.

No way that second goal counted.

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by vader29 View Post

That was great.

going for the gold

Molson Coors wants to give its fellow Canadians competing at the Olympics a special edge.

A beer fridge has reportedly been installed in Team Canada Olympic House in Sochi, fully stocked with free beer. All the Olympians need to do is have their passports.

Reigning Black & Gold Array title="venom has a reputation beyond repute"> venom's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

I find myself strangely rooting for Finland in hockey

go Olli!

U.S.A beats Russia in shootout!

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

What a game!

The will be replayed tomorrow in it's entirety tomorrow at 4 pm according to NBCSN.

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Can't stop laughing!

"With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

all day hockey tomorrow

Go Fins!

Olli Olli Olli!

Finland upsets Russia, 3-1. The Russians showed absolutely no chemistry throughout the tournament, and even more so today. Malkin was just brutal. He'd better keep that shit over there, because the Pens can't have him floating and flopping around like a fish.

Maatta, on the other hand, was just studly. Best defenseman on the ice by far...and he's only 19. Give him a long-term deal right now.

TUUKKA! TUUKKA TUUKKA!

Olli Olli Olli!

jus like I perdicted

Reigning Black & Gold Array title="venom has a reputation beyond repute"> venom's Avatar

This is video of a Russian after losing to Finland today in Hockey

Russian Olympic Hockey Coach: 'Eat Me Alive Right Now'

In a scrum with Russian reporters after the news conference:

Q: You said that the analysis will come later. But what mistakes can you talk about now?

A: There were individual mistakes. That's why we couldn't affect the result even though we had twice as many chances as the opponents. We just couldn't score.

Q: What future, if any, do you see for your own work and for your coaching staff? Because, you know, your predecessor was eaten alive after the Olympics—

A: Well then, eat me alive right now—

Q: No, I mean—

A: Eat me, and I won't be here anymore.

Q: But we have the world championship coming up!

A: Well then, there will be a different coach because I won't exist any more, since you will have eaten me.

Q: But you're staying, aren't you?

A: Yes, I will remain living.

Read more: http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/...335780808.html

I'm not surprised to read this, because both Malkin and Ovechkin played with little to no passion. Both of them looked really unhappy being there. Hopefully Geno channels that anger into strong play for the Pens down the stretch.

In other news...USA beats the Czechs 5-2 and Canada barely squeaks by Latvia 2-1, setting up a rematch of the 2010 Olympic gold medal game, with the winner meeting Sweden/Finland for the gold.

I never believe anything Rossi says

Canada might as well catch the same flight out as the Russians, they looked bad.

Mad Dog Maatta led all the Fins in icetime

Go Fins!!!

Total collapse by Team USA - Thanx Obama !!!

Our wimmins choked away a Gold after being up 2-0 with 3 min to play....you've got to be kidding me

when they went to their second players only meeting I knew they were doomed- nice coaching coach

That shot that hit the post with the empty net was huge