Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Mock Drafts.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Re: 2014 Mock Drafts.

There is no guarantee that Miller will stay healthy this season. With that said, we'd have one TE that can block but not catch and one who can't block or catch. I'd take a TE in the 2nd

Dwinsgames

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    There is no guarantee that Miller will stay healthy this season. With that said, we'd have one TE that can block but not catch and one who can't block or catch. I'd take a TE in the 2nd
    an argument can be made the other way too we have 1 starting WR and a draft pick from last year that managed to get hurt twice and only catch 8 balls and behind him we have a 1 catch wonder

broad as it is wide my friend

Dwinsgames

as of this moment ....

we have 2 starter quality D-linemen and no proven depth

1 Proven WR on the entire roster

1 starter quality CB and a solid nickel

1 RB with NFL carries

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    an argument can be made the other way too we have 1 starting WR and a draft pick from last year that managed to get hurt twice and only catch 8 balls and behind him we have a 1 catch wonder

broad as it is wide my friend
    That's more than what's behind Miller.

Dwinsgames

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    That's more than what's behind Miller.
    sort of ...

backup TEs have 2 less catches than our current #2 and #3 WR in 2013 but the TEs have more yards ... Tds are equal with 1 to each unit

Senior Member Array title="Steeltreal will become famous soon enough"> Steeltreal's Avatar

1) CJ Mosley
    2) Stephon Tuitt
    3 comp) Kadeem Carey
    4) Brandon Coleman
    5) Aaron Colvin

waiting for other comps to finish
    "It comes with the Territory" - Floyd 'Money' Mayweather

Administrator Array title="Texasteel has a reputation beyond repute"> Texasteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steeltreal View Post
    1) CJ Mosley
    2) Stephon Tuitt
    3 comp) Kadeem Carey
    4) Brandon Coleman
    5) Aaron Colvin

waiting for other comps to finish
    You got two of my favorites on top. Glad to see that.

I just don't know if we could afford to put our 5th round pick on the shelf for a year before we even get a look at what we might have.

AML

Senior Member Array title="Steelerette has much to be proud of"> Steelerette's Avatar

Okay, I've given it some thought.

First round, Gilbert and Evans are both off the board already. So what do we do? We pull off a trade down. We trade down six spots to Green Bay's first. We get their first and third. In exchange they get to grab Aaron Donald or Timmy Jernigan, but I digress.

1 (21): NT Louis Nix III
    2 (46): TE Jace Amaro
    3 (85, from GB): CB EJ Gaines
    3 (Comp): WR Jared Abbrederis
    4: DE Will Clarke
    5: OLB Prince Shembo
    5 (Comp): WR Jeremy Gallon
    6: OL Justin Britt
    7: RB Silas Redd
    7 (Comp): ILB Carlo Calabrese

Dwinsgames

I do not touch Shembo with a 10 foot pole here is why ..... http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/stor...bo-nfl-combine

Senior Member Array title="Steelerette has much to be proud of"> Steelerette's Avatar

Which is why he's not going in the third like he probably would. Like it or not Shembo hasn't been proven guilty in a court of law, and the Steelers shed their goody-two-shoes image several seasons ago. I would prefer not to take on any players with character concerns but it isn't how we operate anymore, and in the fifth he may be too good a risk for them to pass up.

Whatever the case it's going to be difficult for them to screw up the first round too royally, so many needs that something is bound to fall into their lap.

Dwinsgames

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerette View Post
    Which is why he's not going in the third like he probably would. Like it or not Shembo hasn't been proven guilty in a court of law, and the Steelers shed their goody-two-shoes image several seasons ago. I would prefer not to take on any players with character concerns but it isn't how we operate anymore, and in the fifth he may be too good a risk for them to pass up.

and with such a deep draft I prefer not to ( and bet the team feels the same ) to spend a pick ( and reward a guy ) who is a facing such scrutiny and potentially could go to prison ... how big of a steal is a guy if he spends his first contract length or longer in prisosn ?

Whatever team finally selects him is either going to look like a genius or a fool, I would have to say.

Dwinsgames

Whatever team finally selects him is either going to look like a genius or a fool, I would have to say.
    if anyone takes the chance ?

guess a lot will depend on what happens between now and may

I'm not an Ebron fan. Love Amaro but I think we'd have to get lucky for him to be there in the middle of the second. If he's sitting there though I pull the trigger... or if I can somehow manage to trade down out of the first round entirely, I do it and grab him early second.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

I'm not an Ebron fan. Love Amaro but I think we'd have to get lucky for him to be there in the middle of the second. If he's sitting there though I pull the trigger... or if I can somehow manage to trade down out of the first round entirely, I do it and grab him early second.
    thats crazy imo. would you take amaro over ebron? i think people are sleeping on ebron hard. ultimately with no trades in front of our 1st round pick, i think we'll end up with either dennard or ebron because people seem to be sleeping on them. with ebron, its far less warranted imo. He'll be a top 5 tight end for a long time in this league.
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Dwinsgames

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    thats crazy imo. would you take amaro over ebron? i think people are sleeping on ebron hard. ultimately with no trades in front of our 1st round pick, i think we'll end up with either dennard or ebron because people seem to be sleeping on them. with ebron, its far less warranted imo. He'll be a top 5 tight end for a long time in this league.

what we all have to try and keep in mind ( and it is HARD to do ) it's not what the pundits think , in the end the teams have the final say ...

I always TRY to keep that in mind when I do a mock but it damn sure is not easy to do because we simply do not know what teams are thinking and if they let something slip chances are they are LYING

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

I do not touch Shembo with a 10 foot pole here is why ..... http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/stor...bo-nfl-combine
    that was 4 years ago, and the young man came forward and admitted he was involved in some form as an nfl draft PROSPECT. he had nothing to gain, but everything to lose by doing that, so for that i will not commend, but curtly acknowledge the gesture. hell, that should have made way bigger news than michael sam coming out. that was a non-news story imo.

i dont know shit about this kid as a player, but if everything else checks out and he's too good to pass up, ill take him. Ditto to what Steelerette said. I feel like the steelers were only in position to keep their roster squeaky clean of character issues when we were an NFL powerhouse. We are an afterthought right now until we can prove otherwise. Ill take risks if they are calculated...for now
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

what we all have to try and keep in mind ( and it is HARD to do ) it's not what the pundits think , in the end the teams have the final say ...

I always TRY to keep that in mind when I do a mock but it damn sure is not easy to do because we simply do not know what teams are thinking and if they let something slip chances are they are LYING
    no kidding. but back to ebron, after looking at all the games i could find, i would think about taking him over mike evans if we were given the absurd chance of picking between both. i dont see any errant uncoachable traits to this kid's game. same with mike evans, his route running is better than people give him credit for and he's only had 2 years of college football experience so he's only going to get better. Other than that, being a bit touchy when getting open is a problem, but its not what "made him" as a receiver these past 2 seasons and it can be corrected. thats saying something when theres a good chance of ebron being taken before evans

would you take amaro over ebron?
    Not exactly. But Ebron is a first round prospect this year, and I'd rather not spend a first on him, unless we trade down several picks at the very least. IMO he doesn't quite stack up with other elite TEs around the league so I'd rather spend our top-half first rounder somewhere else.

I would not take Amaro in the first. But if he's there for us in the second I gladly pull the trigger. The knock on him is that he may wind up to be a dynamite receiving TE but a mediocre blocking TE. But what I had to think about there was that we tend to carry a second TE or te/fb who really isn't very good anyways, so that can be our blocking guy... in Munchak's time with the Oilers/Titans organization he always loved having that big passcatching TE with his line - Frank Wychek, Bo Scaife, Jared Cook... with Heath Miller at the tail end of his prime this may be something they'd have a serious eye on. It would be a good year to get him without expecting him to be "the guy" but a year or two in our system and work on his technique/blocking, and perhaps we won't even skip a beat when Heath retires.

Not entirely true, I don't think we'll ever replace Heath completely, but you get the gist.

Dwinsgames

buy his jersey already will ya

Kid can block. If (if) we pull off a trade-down in the first and gain an extra 2nd or 3rd out of the deal, how would you feel about doubling up on TE: Amaro in round 2, Fiedorowicz in the 4th.

Nevermind, bad idea while Heath still has a few years left (and we have so many other draft needs), I just get all tingly when I think about us running 2-TE sets with actually competent TEs on both sides, giving opposing defenses nightmares...

Dwinsgames

If we traded back in the first or second and pulled off another 3rd , I would take CJ in the 3rd ( do not think he last longer than that ) many have him as the 3rd best TE in this draft . He is my personal favorite , special blocker and very soft reliable hands and has a knack for finding the soft spot in a zone and sitting down and making the play ( Heath like ) better blocker than miller as a prospect , hands are Equal IMO many years he would be a 1st round TE just not this year ...

one could do a heck of a lot worse than CJ and Miller in 2 TE sets , both for the run game and passing game

Administrator Array title="Texasteel has a reputation beyond repute"> Texasteel's Avatar

I'll be ordering one right after the draft if we pick him. I have an idea that several of us will own one before the year is over.

AML

Quote Originally Posted by Texasteel View Post
    I'll be ordering one right after the draft if we pick him. I have an idea that several of us will own one before the year is over.
    That's one I'd buy direct! He's got the right colors on too.

Dwinsgames

if we draft him , he will be my next Jersey

Dwinsgames

Ryan Riddle ‏@Ryan_Riddle 7m Q: Who was the toughest CB you faced in college?
    A: Allen Robinson: “I’d have to say Bradley Roby. He’s a pretty competitive guy.”

Ryan Riddle ‏@Ryan_Riddle 7m Q: Who was the toughest CB you faced in college?
    A: Allen Robinson: “I’d have to say Bradley Roby. He’s a pretty competitive guy.”
    Didn't we interview Roby? I would guess his interviews would play a part in where he is drafted.

AML

well ebron is making me look dumb

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2014/03...esday-pro-day/

i stand by what i said though