Thread: Tim Tebow to be SEC analyst

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Tim Tebow to be SEC analyst

Former Heisman Trophy winner Tim Tebow has agreed to a multiyear deal to join ESPN as an analyst for the SEC Network, it was announced Monday.

"I am so excited that ESPN has given me this incredible opportunity," Tebow said in a statement. "When I was 6 years old, I fell in love with the game of football, and while I continue to pursue my dream of playing quarterback in the NFL, this is an amazing opportunity to be part of the unparalleled passion of college football and the SEC."

Tebow's primary role with the new network will be as an analyst for "SEC Nation," ............

Read more @ http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/1...st-sec-network

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Re: Tim Tebow to be SEC analyst

...and while I continue to pursue my dream of playing quarterback in the NFL...
    Sorry, Tim, that ship has sailed - for your own sake, give it up. Be happy with and thankful for the one season that the stars aligned for you and the playoff win you fluked into and be done with it.

sleezy pickle doodle Array title="touchdownward is a glorious beacon of light"> touchdownward's Avatar

Tebow needs to swallow his pride and sign with a team as a TE. Arrogance is keeping him away from being an NFL player. Who knows, maybe the starting QB gets injured and he Tom Brady's his way into the starting role.
    The Lord only helps those who helps themselves.
    BLAH!!!Forever loving and missing you Gal.

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Cowboys went with 41 one year old Kitna. Sorry Timmy, this dream is over. Time to get serious with your life work.

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by touchdownward View Post
    Tebow needs to swallow his pride and sign with a team as a TE. Arrogance is keeping him away from being an NFL player. Who knows, maybe the starting QB gets injured and he Tom Brady's his way into the starting role.

I can't speak to whether his reasons are pride and arrogance or simply chasing his dream and not being ready to compromise.

However I agree it would be interesting to see what he could do at tight end.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Let me just beat FS76 to this:

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Let me just beat FS76 to this:

Senior Member Array title="pepsyman1 has much to be proud of"> pepsyman1's Avatar

If Tebow really wants to pursue that dream he should go play Arena football. He'd get lots of reps throwing the ball and having to make quick decisions. It did wonders for Kurt Warner and the first year that Tommy Maddox was playing for us he played very sharp. That's the only QB shot the kids gonna get at this point

Senior Member Array title="steeldawg is a jewel in the rough">

Quote Originally Posted by touchdownward View Post
    I don't think there are teams looking for Tim tebow to play te, the patriots are a perfect example, they had tebow with both te's out to start the season and he didn't even get a look, must be a reason.

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steeldawg View Post
    I don't think there are teams looking for Tim tebow to play te, the patriots are a perfect example, they had tebow with both te's out to start the season and he didn't even get a look, must be a reason.
    Do you have any information that suggests Tebow was even willing to consider TE at that point?
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

sleezy pickle doodle Array title="touchdownward is a glorious beacon of light"> touchdownward's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steeldawg View Post
    Even more proof Tebow refuses to play any other position besides QB. There was a perfect opportunity and position for him at TE with their TE being cut for being a suspected mass murderer and all. There still may be teams looking to sign Tim as a TE, but knowing his preference, he remains unsigned.
    BLAH!!!Forever loving and missing you Gal.