Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: KC Chiefs vs San Diego Chargers

Dwinsgames

Re: KC Chiefs vs San Diego Chargers

Quote Originally Posted by Chidi29 View Post
    I believe his helmet came off which is why the whistle blew. Not positive though, too crazy for me to figure out what happened.

I replayed it 4 times here , Never heard a whistle until the chiefs player was already in the end zone .... was not watching the play had ear to the TV listening closely

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    I replayed it 4 times here , Never heard a whistle until the chiefs player was already in the end zone .... was not watching the play had ear to the TV listening closely
    So was his forward progress stopped?
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

I can't imagine what off seasons going to be like.

Spaghetti Time Array title="Chidi29 has a reputation beyond repute"> Chidi29's Avatar

Don't need one. Once the helmet comes off, play is automatically dead.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

I thought Andy Reid got too conservative with the lead. When he let the kid play he did good.

Dwinsgames

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    whistle indicates play over , hence play till the whistle ...no whistle play still live

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chidi29 View Post
    Don't need one. Once the helmet comes off, play is automatically dead.

would have to see the helmet come off , I did not notice that he was buried in a pile of guys ... still no whistle to indicate play is over , you play till the whistle and the play is not dead till one sounds

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

I've seen at least 3 punt/kick returns of ours over the last several seasons where the returner's forward progress was already stopped when he got stripped and we still lost possession.

For those of you that say we didn't deserve it, I suppose you're right. But neither did the Chargers. At home against a team resting 20 out of 22 starters, and they need a virtual chip shot field goal to be shanked and get to get lucky on a 4th down fake punt in order to pull off the win?

Any way we can just draft the Cardinals over to the AFC and give them the last Wild Card spot?

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

I feel like I'm back in high school again having just gotten blue-balled by my girlfriend. Oh so close.
    http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

That fake punt was insane. So if the officials are going to give guy forward progress, Kansas City should get the ball. The guy was stipped and the defender ran it back for a TD.

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

That play was complete BS. The officials kept letting the play go while the whole SD team was pushing Weddle forward but as soon as KC stipped the ball, they step in and say it's SD ball, even though they didn't blow the play dead.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Oh God. I can't even get on my FB page. Bengals fans are being their typically obnoxious selves. They sure can be mouthy when they win something.

The play should have at least gone to the booth if they're claiming that the helmet coming off stopped the play. On reverse angle maybe you could have made a clear determination when the ball started moving relative to the helmet coming off. Also did the helmet come off before the first down was obtained? To not at least send that play to the booth is borderline criminal.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    Oh God. I can't even get on my FB page. Bengals fans are being their typically obnoxious selves. They sure can be mouthy when they win something.
    Really? Did they actually watch that suckfest today? One-and-done, for the 3rd year in a row. Book it.

Just ask them how they plan to win a road playoff game with Opie Cunningham as their quarterback? Flukeo is gone from the tournament, so he's not going to get to be prettiest hog in two weeks and get out intercepted, if they somehow advance past the Chargers.

Senior Member Array title="Godfather has a brilliant future">

For those of you that say we didn't deserve it, I suppose you're right. But neither did the Chargers. At home against a team resting 20 out of 22 starters, and they need a virtual chip shot field goal to be shanked and get to get lucky on a 4th down fake punt in order to pull off the win?

Any way we can just draft the Cardinals over to the AFC and give them the last Wild Card spot?
    What good would giving the spot to Arizona do? Arians can't coach

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Really? Did they actually watch that suckfest today? One-and-done, for the 3rd year in a row. Book it.
    Against anyone other than SD I'd say that the Bungles were going to lose but I don't have any faith in that SD team that barely scraped by the KC backups today in OT.

I really hate both of those teams so I don't know if I can even stand to watch that game.

- - - Updated - - -

I guarantee that they were shitting bricks when they thought that they might have to play us.

Dwinsgames

well Mike Pereira agrees it should have been a TD KC

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Too bad Kansas City didn't have a backup kicker so the Walrus could have given Succop the day off too.

Screw the Bengals. They're not any better than they were before. They only got to where they are because the Steelers and Ravens regressed. not because the Bengals were any good. The Steelers are in transition and the Ravens foolishly ransacked their championship team to pay Moonball Joe's contract. All the Bengals had to do was be there and just walked into an AFC North title this year.

Not to mention, the Steelers still crushed them the last time they played anyway. Just how good is Cincy this year really? They were a Ryan Succop Miss away from the Steelers coming back into their place, where the Steelers would punch them out.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFanInStl View Post
    Against anyone other than SD I'd say that the Bungles were going to lose but I don't have any faith in that SD team that barely scraped by the KC backups today in OT.

I really hate both of those teams so I don't know if I can even stand to watch that game.
    I said it before and I'll say it again, it doesn't really matter. Whoever wins the NFC is winning the Super Bowl this year. The AFC is way too mediocre. It's the Broncos, Patriots, and then a conglomeration of crap.

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vader29 View Post
    Too bad Kansas City didn't have a backup kicker so the Walrus could have given Succop the day off too.
    LMAO!

How true!
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant