Thread: Penguins won't bury Flyers yet

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Penguins won't bury Flyers yet

Claude Giroux doesn't have a goal. Peter Laviolette doesn't have a job. Do the Philadelphia Flyers have a prayer?

The Penguins aren't counting out their biggest rival. When they meet Thursday in Philadelphia, the Penguins have an opportunity to take a 10-point lead on the Flyers just two weeks into the season.

“I am surprised to see them with the record they have now,” Penguins coach Dan Bylsma said.

The numbers speak for themselves:

• At 1-6-0, the Flyers have the NHL's worst record and fewest amount of points (two).

• The Flyers have scored 10 goals in seven games, equating to the second-to-worst goals-per-game average at 1.43.

• Giroux, dubbed the “best player in the world” by then-coach Laviolette when the Flyers defeated the Penguins in the first round of the 2012 playoffs, has zero goals and two assists.

“It's fine (that they're struggling),” Penguins defenseman Matt Niskanen said. “I'm not sad about it. I'm not cheering for them to fail, but I'm not sad that they are, either.”

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/penguins/...#ixzz2hzmCnI5r
    Follow us: @triblive on Twitter | triblive on Facebook

Now watch the Flyers come out and beat the Pens 5-1 or something. Wounded animals can be deadly.

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Re: Penguins won't bury Flyers yet

I look for the Flyers to goon it up tonight and try to goad the Penguins into taking some stupid penalties.

Super Moderator and Lone hawks fan Array title="Devilsdancefloor has a reputation beyond repute"> Devilsdancefloor's Avatar

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...9253--nhl.html

well look here this the problem with the cryers!!

For those i love i will sacrifice.

Si ventus non est, remiga

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vader29 View Post
    I look for the Flyers to goon it up tonight and try to goad the Penguins into taking some stupid penalties.
    You mean, like normal?

Well, the Pens are preparing for a battle: 4th line tonight is Glass - Adams - Engelland. Yes, Engelland is playing RW. So if you have nothing to do tonight, grab a beer and tune in. Could be a good one.

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

Just an FYI, the Pens are up 3-1 with 2 1/2 minutes left to go in the game.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Elvis has left the building!

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

The boys in the black and gold win 4-1!

I know it's early, but the Pens have a 10-point lead over the Flyers, and it's only October 18. Big win last night - Fleury was outstanding. Always nice to shut up their jackass fans