Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Few Positives right now, but Le'Veon Bell looks like the Real Deal

STEELER NATION RULES ! Array title="katmandu has much to be proud of"> katmandu's Avatar

Thumbs up Few Positives right now, but Le'Veon Bell looks like the Real Deal

Very few positives right now, but Le'Veon Bell certainly looks like the real deal.

Pretty impressive showing for his first game IMHO.

Also, the receiving corp looks half decent...... Vince Williams ended up with 5 tackles as well......Woodley had a sack and a forced fumble....
    Last edited by katmandu; 09-29-2013 at 06:19 PM.
    "Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." -- Mark Twain

Support Steelers Universe with a Donation via PayPal !

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/foru....php?do=donate

Senior Member Array title="blackngldblood has a spectacular aura about"> blackngldblood's Avatar

Re: Few Positives right now, but Le'Veon Bell looks like the Real Deal

Indeed! He could help open up this offense a lot! Now, how does the defense start to get off the field without yielding points? Damned if you do, damned if you don't....

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Bell was definitely a positive today, also with the Rats and Bungles losing today we are still only 2 games back with lots of football left to play.

Senior Member Array title="blackngldblood has a spectacular aura about"> blackngldblood's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vader29 View Post
    Bell was definitely a positive today, also with the Rats and Bungles losing today we are still only 2 games back with lots of football left to play.
    Your optimism on this dark day wins you the internet, my friend!

Administrator Array title="Texasteel has a reputation beyond repute"> Texasteel's Avatar

I thought Bell showed well today. I was starting to think the he would be better of if they just pulled the line off the field so there would be fewer people in his way. They sure weren't blocking for him.

AML

STEELER NATION RULES ! Array title="katmandu has much to be proud of"> katmandu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Texasteel View Post
    They sure weren't blocking for him.
    That sure speaks volumes for him IMHO ! Just imagine what this kid is capable of IF (and when) he gets a competent OL in front of him!
    "Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." -- Mark Twain

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

The band wagon is officially empty. This forum would normally be completely blowing up right now, but it's very quiet. Not even a ton of butt clown trolls looking to poke fun. That's about the only positive.
    Merry Christmas

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Bell had an impressive first game. Let's see if he can keep it up for 5-6 games in a row, then I will be more optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
    The band wagon is officially empty. This forum would normally be completely blowing up right now, but it's very quiet. Not even a ton of butt clown trolls looking to poke fun. That's about the only positive.
    Thank God! One positive that will come from this season is the loss of the bandwagon fans. Go bug the damned Seahawks, would ya?

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Bell looked good....seemed to play like a vet. Hope he stays healthy.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

First, we need real plays like throwing to the RB out of the backfield and handoff to the RB to the outside. Next, we need a defined short passing game with the TE and WRs to keep the D on their heels instead of simply bum rushing Ben every play.
    All Defense!

Another big positive is the super glue in Heath's knee appears to be holding up as well !

Quote Originally Posted by katmandu View Post
    Another big positive is the super glue in Heath's knee appears to be holding up as well !
    And the fact that he can take helmet to helmet hits and not be phased!

Quote Originally Posted by blackngldblood View Post
    And the fact that he can take helmet to helmet hits and not be phased!
    Heath has always been a tough SOB!

Administrator Array title="Texasteel has a reputation beyond repute"> Texasteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    First, we need real plays like throwing to the RB out of the backfield and handoff to the RB to the outside. Next, we need a defined short passing game with the TE and WRs to keep the D on their heels instead of simply bum rushing Ben every play.
    We did throw to Bell out of the backfield, it worked, we threw a screen to Bell as well, it worked. Ben threw to Miller several time, almost all of them worked. The problem is the Ben is dropping back counting, one thousand one, one thousand oh my God.

AML

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Bell played well. But I'm not overly impressed yet. Probably cause the OLine is just so damn bad...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

When Ben was dropping back he hit on bomb, but was ineffective at best everywhere else. He holds onto the ball now for so long somebody could paint his portrait.
    All Defense!

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blackngldblood View Post
    Thank God! One positive that will come from this season is the loss of the bandwagon fans. Go bug the damned Seahawks, would ya?
    Yep. Now we get to see who the real fans truly are.

Dwinsgames

Quote Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post

not my first rodeo with this team sucking , being a kid fan in the mid/late 60s was not so fun ... the 70s where heavenly , the 80s just good enough to keep you hooked even though a let down was right around the corner and you knew it ....

the 90s got far better and here we are now slumping back into 60s territory .....

oh well they say everything must go full circle ...guess the Browns will get good sometime soon too LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    not my first rodeo with this team sucking , being a kid fan in the mid/late 60s was not so fun ... the 70s where heavenly , the 80s just good enough to keep you hooked even though a let down was right around the corner and you knew it ....

the 90s got far better and here we are now slumping back into 60s territory .....

oh well they say everything must go full circle ...guess the Browns will get good sometime soon too LOL
    Tied for first in the division, the Browns are! lolololololololol! Never thought I would see the day!

Senior Member Array title="siss is a jewel in the rough"> siss's Avatar

I will go down with this ship!

The little rookie hasn't helped us win a game...yet...until then he's apart of the problem!

Quote Originally Posted by siss View Post

The little rookie hasn't helped us win a game...yet...until then he's apart of the problem!
    Hell, I'm a cook for a living. Going down with ships is in my job description, lol!

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
    Still here. The Steelers are the ONLY reason I still follow this league. Especially after the Cryhawks won a game on a bullshit call due to the new "safety rules."

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

Bell was definitely a bright spot today.

Well, just think for a moment how bad this game would have been if it were NOT for the little rookie's performance !

Senior Member Array title="steeldawg is a jewel in the rough">

He actually looked like part of the solution today. He did a nice job of making guys miss and setting up blocks. Pass protection was good and he showed good hands catching the ball out of the backfield.

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

I was pretty impressed with Bell today. He made good cuts behind the line of scrimmage to extend the play and gain positive yards, pass blocked well for Ben and didn't let defenders get in the pocket, etc. He also has good speed and good vision for a rookie. I noticed a couple of mistakes that were made in which he could have extended the play, but didn't because of his vision, but he was pretty good overall in that category. I think that he's going to be a good running back for this team. I'm not completely sold on him since it was his first start, but I definitely think he could be a great back for us. Just to think, some were calling him a injury prone bust after he got hurt in the preseason...

Senior Member Array title="siss is a jewel in the rough"> siss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steeldawg View Post
    He actually looked like part of the solution today. He did a nice job of making guys miss and setting up blocks. Pass protection was good and he showed good hands catching the ball out of the backfield.
    He needs to win a game and than we can talk!

And not saying he wasn't a bright spot...but we are 0-4...there aren't many bright spots!

Senior Member Array title="steeldawg is a jewel in the rough">

He needs to win a game and than we can talk!

And not saying he wasn't a bright spot...but we are 0-4...there aren't many bright spots!
    How is one guy supposed to win a game, He cant block for himself or play defense? All he can do is his job and he did well today.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerdude15 View Post
    I was pretty impressed with Bell today. He made good cuts behind the line of scrimmage to extend the play and gain positive yards, pass blocked well for Ben and didn't let defenders get in the pocket, etc. He also has good speed and good vision for a rookie. I noticed a couple of mistakes that were made in which he could have extended the play, but didn't because of his vision, but he was pretty good overall in that category. I think that he's going to be a good running back for this team. I'm not completely sold on him since it was his first start, but I definitely think he could be a great back for us. Just to think, some were calling him a injury prone bust after he got hurt in the preseason...
    Lets be honest bud, he made good cuts behind the line of scrimmage to keep from getting killed.

AML