Thread: Bill Cowher

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Bill Cowher

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...es-Bill-Cowher

Here are some beautiful memories!

SteelerSal
    Good find...thanks for posting.

Senior Member Array title="BlastFurnace will become famous soon enough"> BlastFurnace's Avatar

Although he frustrated me during AFC Championship Games, I loved him as a coach.

Married and happy Array title="BPS3akaWirels3 has a spectacular aura about"> BPS3akaWirels3's Avatar

He is the kind of coach I want coaching our Steelers. So many people say he was too mean and high strung... That is how I manage people and it's always gotten results. My people hated me but they did well and thats what I loved about him. I wish Tomlin was more like that..

Nothing better then a Black & Gold Wedding 09/24/11

Quest For 7 Array title="steelpride12 is a splendid one to behold"> steelpride12's Avatar

He was the typical type of person who was fit to be a Steelers coach. Tough mindset and attitude and he knew how to keep them in control. He got what he wanted and was angry when needed too. Would never forget "the chin"!
    Missing you every day, thinking about the memories every moment, loving you every second Mom ♥ R.I.P. 1951-2011

"When you go out on the field and you're intense for 60 minutes, some guys don't want to do it. When I line up across from him, he has to do one of two things, he has to raise his level of play, or he's going to get his *** kicked all day"

- Greg Lloyd

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

I dont think some of you understand what Chuck Noll was like. All of his players said he was really quiet, serious, and boring all the time. Rocky Bleier said he had the blandest pre-game and half-time speeches. They said he would try to inspire them and ultimately fail.

Randy Grossman said that they succeeded because he ran the team like a machine in other aspects. That's it.

Whether You appreciate Noll, Cowher, Tomlin, all of them, two of them, or just one of them, learn to appreciate the different flavors!

Senior Member Array title="BlastFurnace will become famous soon enough"> BlastFurnace's Avatar

Cowher was special to me because of the way he broke into the league. He was refreshing, motivating, and I loved the way he used to fire the players up. After the high's of the 70's, the 80's were dreadful...with the low point coming from 1985 through 1988, a brief reprieve in 1989, and then low points again in 90 and 91. Cowher came in and won and won immediately. The birth of Blitzburgh came about during his tenure where once again, we had the baddest defense in the league. A part of me will pull for him when he comes back. I can't help it, I'll always be a fan of his.

UK Steelers Contingent Array title="steelerrob is an unknown quantity at this point">

Yeah, I loved Cowher for his spirit during the games....it was so great to see him either fired up & mega-stoked or just plain ANGRY!