Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Re: Jadeveon Clowney would look good in black and gold...

Senior Member Array title="Lambert_Loonie will become famous soon enough"> Lambert_Loonie's Avatar

35 minutes north of the hellhole that is Paul Brown Stadium

Re: Jadeveon Clowney would look good in black and gold...

... don't you think? Because at this rate, the Steelers are getting the #1 draft pick.

You don't have to agree with me, but I do recomend it.

Senior Member Array title="JayC is a glorious beacon of light"> JayC's Avatar

i'll take teddy bridgewater or johnny manziel instead

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JayC View Post
    Manziel wouldn't last one game with our OL.

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

no on all 3. The position that this team needs worse than anything is LT.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

You can get Johhny Football in the 3rd round. And Jacksonville will take Teddy Bridgewater 1st overall.

So yeah maybe we can get Clowney, but I doubt it. We'll end up winning 6, just enough that we can't get that guy who could turn things around in one year.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Senior Member Array title="Lambert_Loonie will become famous soon enough"> Lambert_Loonie's Avatar

35 minutes north of the hellhole that is Paul Brown Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFanInStl View Post
    no on all 3. The position that this team needs worse than anything is LT.
    I don't see a LT worthy of the #1 pick in this year's draft. Might as well take Clowney. maybe trade him after one year if the Steelers play bad enough? [/Trent Richardson]

You don't have to agree with me, but I do recomend it.

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lambert_Loonie View Post
    I don't see a LT worthy of the #1 pick in this year's draft. Might as well take Clowney. maybe trade him after one year if the Steelers play bad enough? [/Trent Richardson]
    Maybe not. We'll see at the end of the season. Clowney doesn't fit the 3-4. That would be a complete waste of talent.

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Why? What a waste of a pick. The Steelers have a QB.

Clowney would be a good pick as would the top rated LT.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe not. We'll see at the end of the season. Clowney doesn't fit the 3-4. That would be a complete waste of talent.
    How does he not fit a 3-4?
    Hater = Realist

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

If it comes to that, the Steelers will manage to find a way to just miss out on a good draft pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
    Why? What a waste of a pick. The Steelers have a QB.

Clowney would be a good pick as would the top rated LT.

- - - Updated - - -

How does he not fit a 3-4?
    That depends on if you think he's going to play DE or OLBer in the NFL. His talent would be wasted as a 3-4 DE. Why would you draft a player with that much talent to basically just occupy blockers?

I don't see him as an OLBer.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

I heard that Clowney was taking off in practice just because he has more flexibility, no thanks, he's a low effort guy who will bust in the pros, and that is the last thing this team needs. How about Jake Matthews?

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Manziel? He's a mental nightmare and there's talk he may not even be NFL material. Can he play OL?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Manziel? He's a mental nightmare and there's talk he may not even be NFL material. Can he play OL?
    Bu,bu, but he won the Heisman. Surely he has elite football talent. He might end up being a bigger bust than Tebow.

1992 Gino Torretta Miami (Fla) QB Sr. 1,400
    1993 Charlie Ward Florida State QB Sr. 2,310
    1994 Rashaan Salaam Colorado RB Jr. 1,743
    1995 Eddie George Ohio State RB Sr. 1,460
    1996 Danny Wuerffel Florida QB Sr. 1,363
    1997 Charles Woodson Michigan CB Jr. 1,815
    1998 Ricky Williams Texas RB Sr. 2,355
    1999 Ron Dayne Wisconsin RB Sr. 2,042
    2000 Chris Weinke Florida State QB Sr. 1,628
    2001 Eric Crouch Nebraska QB Sr. 770
    2002 Carson Palmer USC QB Sr. 1,328
    2003 Jason White Oklahoma QB Jr. 1,481
    2004 Matt Leinart USC QB Jr. 1,325
    2006 Troy Smith Ohio State QB Sr. 2,540
    2007 Tim Tebow Florida QB Sop 1,957
    2008 Sam Bradford Oklahoma QB Sop 1,726
    2009 Mark Ingram Alabama RB Sop 1,304
    2010 Cam Newton Auburn QB Jr. 2,263
    2011 Robert Griffin III Baylor University QB Jr. 1,687
    2012 Johnny Manziel Texas A&M QB Fr. 2,029

While the Heisman is not the kiss of death, it is certainly not a guarantee of success.

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

I highly doubt Clowney will be available by the time the Steelers will be on the clock. Someone that could be interesting to look into for the DE position would be Danielle Hunter of LSU. I'm not sure if he's going into the draft since he's only in his second year of college, but he would be a good DE. Explosive, can tackle, and can read plays well.

No way in Hell do I want a DE in the first round again.

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

No way in Hell do I want a DE in the first round again.
    Why? Just because one doesn't work out doesn't mean another won't.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerdude15 View Post
    Why? Just because one doesn't work out doesn't mean another won't.
    2 recent ones. Add to that the fact that a 1st round pick is a waste on a DE in our 3-4 where the DE is supposed to mainly just occupy blockers so that the LBers can make the plays.

We have much bigger needs than DE.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

I am certain that the Jaguars will get the #1 overall pick. With that and how they looked the first 3 games, they are on track for picks 2-4. Picks 3-4 will likely be Jake Matthews OT from Texas A&M, but pick 2, I see Clowney as the pick even though I have concerns about his work ethic and think they should select Matthews if he is available regardless of draft position

I'd love to have Matthews. Hard to beat that bloodline.

Senior Member Array title="Nadroj 20 is just really nice"> Nadroj 20's Avatar

I'm sorry but clowney is so overrated. You never heard of the guy until his one big play in a bowl game last year and if he didn't play in the SEC who gets covered by espn more then anything people wouldn't notice him as much. He's good but nothing special like they make him out to be
    "Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose"
    ~Rest In Peace HometownGal~

Dwinsgames

far to early to predict or even project IMO ...

1) no telling what this Steelers team will end up doing ( probably 6-10 and not a top tier pick )

2) to much college ball left this season to see who rises to the top , gets hurt or fizzles and plummets

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Offensive tackle, inside linebacker, and safety will be the Steelers biggest needs in this draft. Or, hate to say it, but if a can't miss quarterback were to fall into our lap ( which obviously is very doubtful) it would be hard to pass on him ( no pun intended) in my opinion.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Offensive line. If we cannot score points, no matter how good our D is, at best we could hope to tie.
    All Defense!

Super Moderator and Lone hawks fan Array title="Devilsdancefloor has a reputation beyond repute"> Devilsdancefloor's Avatar

what really gets me going is the oline are a bunch of 1st and 2nd round guys (except foster). they should be playing lights out, but instead we have 2 RT and one cant stay on his feet and the other wiffs a alot. as far as io can tell id really look elsewhere and not get him we need other positions

For those i love i will sacrifice.

Si ventus non est, remiga

2 recent ones. Add to that the fact that a 1st round pick is a waste on a DE in our 3-4 where the DE is supposed to mainly just occupy blockers so that the LBers can make the plays.

We have much bigger needs than DE.
    I can understand the argument because of Ziggy, but when it comes to Cam, that's another story. The media and fans are labeling him a bust and that he isn't good, but the fact of the matter is, he really hasn't played until now. Now that he is playing, he is being the most disruptive DE on our team IMO. I think he should start over Ziggy. He's the better DE.

Also, our defensive philosophy has changed and Lebeau wants our DEs to get after the quarterback now. So drafting an athletic DE in the draft makes sense if that is the direction the coaching staff wants the defense to go.

I do agree that we have a bigger need and that's tackle.

Here are my top five positions of need:
    1)Tackle
    2)Defensive end
    3)Inside linebacker
    4)Running back
    5)Tight end

Administrator Array title="Texasteel has a reputation beyond repute"> Texasteel's Avatar

I'm not comfortable a LT. If the year does continue going south on us I'm looking a Lewan from Michigan.

AML

Quote Originally Posted by Texasteel View Post
    I'm not comfortable a LT. If the year does continue going south on us I'm looking a Lewan from Michigan.
    Agreed...as you and I have discussed, Lewan has some of the best feet of this next years crop and has that mean streak you want in a blind side tackle. I think ILB and TE are out next two needs.
    "I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play"

-- Jack Lambert --

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Who's on your mind for ILB & TE LLT?

Administrator Array title="Texasteel has a reputation beyond repute"> Texasteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    Who's on your mind for ILB & TE LLT?
    Perry and I have talk about a particular ILB, but I will let him mention the name. As for TE, I like Fiedorowics from Iowa, but I don't think he will last past the 3rd round, and didn't we trade away our 3rd round pick. I am wondering about any comp. picks we may get, but not sure how that will work out.

AML

Senior Member Array title="steeldawg is a jewel in the rough">

Quote Originally Posted by Nadroj 20 View Post
    I'm sorry but clowney is so overrated. You never heard of the guy until his one big play in a bowl game last year and if he didn't play in the SEC who gets covered by espn more then anything people wouldn't notice him as much. He's good but nothing special like they make him out to be
    Clowney is a Defensive end who runs a 4.5 40yrd dash at 270 pounds that type of speed and size combo is extremely rare. Clowney was the SEC Freshman of the Year and a Second-Team All-SEC selection in 2011. He totaled 36 tackles with eight sacks, 12 tackles for a loss and five forced fumbles. Clowney did well against top competition including a great game with two sacks against Georgia's Cordy Glenn (currently the Bills starting left tackle).

Clowney was one of the best players in college football in 2012. The sophomore amassed 54 tackles, 23.5 tackles for a loss, three forced fumbles, two passes batted and 13 sacks. He finished sixth for the Heisman Trophy. He is described in his scouting report as being "a once in a generation type defender" don't see that to often in a guys scouting report.