Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers please trade Ben at the end of this season.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Steelers please trade Ben at the end of this season.

He deserves better than what this organization can give him.

Seriously this team is going to be bad for a long time. Need a full rebuilding and a different construction team.

Anyway after your 3-13 season get what you can for him, because you'll never be a contender in his career span again.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Smashmouth Posting Array title="Seven has much to be proud of"> Seven's Avatar

Re: Steelers please trade Ben at the end of this season.

And Zulater's annual/weekly overreaction threads have officially begun.... Just kidding buddy, well, sort of. There are some SOLID pieces on this team. There are a lot of teams that are worse off. Ben isn't going anywhere nor should he want to. If Bell pans out, all we're really lacking is a big play receiver. I'm not so sure Moye, Sanders or Wheaton won't eventually be that. This is a young offense. You have to have more patience than calling for heads two weeks into the season. The Bengals are a good team and we were a fumble and a bad call away from winning. I don't see a necessity for this type of reaction, although I know it is inevitable from our fans.
    "If you are holding on to something that you no longer need to hold on to, I encourage you to let go." - Rashard Mendenhall

Senior Member Array title="JayC is a glorious beacon of light"> JayC's Avatar

put ben on a team with a half decent line and they'd make the playoffs every year. why couldn't we just do that

can we start by getting rid of tomlin though please instead

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seven View Post
    And Zulater's annual/weekly overreaction threads have officially begun.... Just kidding buddy, well, sort of. There are some SOLID pieces on this team. There are a lot of teams that are worse off. Ben isn't going anywhere nor should he want to. If Bell pans out, all we're really lacking is a big play receiver. I'm not so sure Moye, Sanders or Wheaton won't eventually be that. This is a young offense. You have to have more patience than calling for heads two weeks into the season. The Bengals are a good team and we were a fumble and a bad call away from winning. I don't see a necessity for this type of reaction, although I know it is inevitable from our fans.
    This team wont win 5 games this year. I don't what team you're watching but it's not the 2013 Steelers.

has ben lost his magic for good or is it just because the line/weapons/play calls are poor??

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    This team wont win 5 games this year. I don't what team you're watching but it's not the 2013 Steelers.
    Won't win 5 games? I'll place a wager on that if you'd be interested.
    "If you are holding on to something that you no longer need to hold on to, I encourage you to let go." - Rashard Mendenhall

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Sure they will. It would be far too easy on us if they could just eliminate themselves from the get go. No, they'll put together a string of wins just to get some hopes up to cause the most possible crushing pain and to put us in a position where we can make mistakes drafting.

I am feeling so negative right now I just want to be put out of my misery. But I'm also too negative to even hope for that much?

Quote Originally Posted by JayC View Post
    has ben lost his magic for good or is it just because the line/weapons/play calls are poor??
    Weapons are young and/or playing poorly. Line played very well tonight. With Bell, Heath and Cortez this may very well be a totally different team. Moye needs to move ahead of Cotchery. The Bengals are a very good team. I don't see how this loss elicits such a negative reaction.

Won't win 5 games? I'll place a wager on that if you'd be interested.
    I'm not going to bet against them, and I'm not going to root against them. I just don't think they're any good, and I don't see any sign of help on the way until Heath is back and healthy. I'm calling it as I see it. But I hope I'm wrong.

Dwinsgames

we will win more than 5 games ...no way do we get a top 5 pick we are not that lucky at being unlucky

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

You know what? I wouldn't mind the Steelers trading Ben away. I honestly wouldn't.

Since the Steelers are looking at a Top 10 pick, it's time to really start cutting our losses and stop the bleeding. Ben is an incompetent Offensive Leader and isn't getting any better.

Time to rebuild for real this time. The Age is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    You know what? I wouldn't mind the Steelers trading Ben away. I honestly wouldn't.

Since the Steelers are looking at a Top 10 pick, it's time to really start cutting our losses and stop the bleeding. Ben is an incompetent Offensive Leader and isn't getting any better.

Put him on the Bengals and they're going to the Super Bowl.

I'm not going to bet against them, and I'm not going to root against them. I just don't think they're any good, and I don't see any sign of help on the way until Heath is back and healthy. I'm calling it as I see it. But I hope I'm wrong.
    I think Heath and Cortez come back within the next couple weeks and then it is a whole new ball game. If we move Moye ahead of Cotchery that helps the offense right there. The line played well tonight. That is the biggest thing I take away from this game. If Velasco has somehow made this line gel, which at least tonight appeared to be the case, then A LOT changes. We need Brown, Sanders, Moye and Wheaton to start fulfilling their potential. That's the key to everything for me. If those guys step up, we're good as gold. Defense has been tackling poorly but they are playing well enough to win if the offense clicks. I do understand the frustration, but I think the margin between this team sucking and playing great is very slim. I believe it could change in an instant. Because outside of our receivers playing poorly, I don't see anything fundamentally wrong with this roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post

i agree! at this point i think i'd rather struggle with a top 10 QB than ben. ben peaked awhile back and seems to have had no interest in becoming a true elite qb in the nfl, something i believe he could have been. i for sure am not putting the blame on him but i am just saying i would welcome a change in the offseason. i'd rather rebuild with new coaches and a new qb than this bullshit we have going on right now.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

I think Heath and Cortez come back within the next couple weeks and then it is a whole new ball game. If we move Moye ahead of Cotchery that helps the offense right there. The line played well tonight. That is the biggest thing I take away from this game. If Velasco has somehow made this line gel, which at least tonight appeared to be the case, then A LOT changes. We need Brown, Sanders, Moye and Wheaton to start fulfilling their potential. That's the key to everything for me. If those guys step up, we're good as gold. Defense has been tackling poorly but they are playing well enough to win if the offense clicks. I do understand the frustration, but I think the margin between this team sucking and playing great is very slim. I believe it could change in an instant. Because outside of our receivers playing poorly, I don't see anything fundamentally wrong with this roster.
    I'm worried about the running game getting absolutely nothing, but I agree with your premise. It's been frustrating to watch, but I don't think they're that far off either. Especially considering that NOBODY outside of maybe the Broncos and Seahawks are exactly playing like worldbeaters at the moment either.

Senior Member Array title="steeldawg is a jewel in the rough">

Its no coincidence that our offense slipped into the seventh circle of hell as soon as haley arrived. Ben did not suddenly forget how to play, you change the entire offense for your franchise qb take away his running game put him behind an inexperienced young line and give him no downfield threats and expect him to take you to a superbowl. I really don't see what the problem is.

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    I'm worried about the running game getting absolutely nothing, but I agree with your premise. It's been frustrating to watch, but I don't think they're that far off either. Especially considering that NOBODY outside of maybe the Broncos and Seahawks are exactly playing like worldbeaters at the moment either.
    Agree about the running game. Bell is the wild card there. Only reason I don't mention that is because I don't think you need a good running game to have a winning season anymore. We've certainly won without it in the past. That's not to say it wouldn't help, but I don't think it's a necessity the way the passing game is. If the receivers started playing better and the rest of the team played exactly the way they did tonight, I'd think we'd contend for the division. I think the line between poor and good is that fine.

i agree! at this point i think i'd rather struggle with a top 10 QB than ben. ben peaked awhile back and seems to have had no interest in becoming a true elite qb in the nfl, something i believe he could have been. i for sure am not putting the blame on him but i am just saying i would welcome a change in the offseason. i'd rather rebuild with new coaches and a new qb than this bullshit we have going on right now.
    Yeah life will be great with Tomlin and a future incarnation of Kent Graham or Kordell Stewart.

I really want Ben traded to prove to you naysayers, haters, and doubters that there's a reason we went to 3 Super Bowls with Ben at Qb.

Thee Conservative Steeler Array title="steel9guy is on a distinguished road"> steel9guy's Avatar

Ben deserves so much more than this. Sad.

We got what we are going to get with Ben. He is just as much a part of the problem as Tomlin and Haley. He's not a good veteran leader, as demonstrated this year. He was blessed with being on good Steelers teams with strong veteran talent and presence, but lacks none of their qualities to lead himself. So when the vets left, he can't pick up the slack.

The long scramble that ended in another sack was vintage Bad Ben. He's not a part of the solution, so he's part of the problem by default.

Senior Member Array title="SteelMayhem72 has much to be proud of"> SteelMayhem72's Avatar

I like your optimism but I dont think we are that far along

Quote Originally Posted by steeldawg View Post
    Its no coincidence that our offense slipped into the seventh circle of hell as soon as haley arrived. Ben did not suddenly forget how to play, you change the entire offense for your franchise qb take away his running game put him behind an inexperienced young line and give him no downfield threats and expect him to take you to a superbowl. I really don't see what the problem is.

Ben was on pace for MVP and the Steelers were 6-3 "When Haley arrived".

By the way , about Ben's errant passes, when you're throwing off your back foot all night that's what happens. No running game = no play action. Poor down and distance situations make the defense's job real easy.

Senior Member Array title="SteelMayhem72 has much to be proud of"> SteelMayhem72's Avatar

There is no reason to have this thread...we have a Superbowl QB and now throw him to the dogs...take this thread down!!

Quote Originally Posted by SteelMayhem72 View Post
    There is no reason to have this thread...we have a Superbowl QB and now throw him to the dogs...take this thread down!!
    "Throw him to the dogs"? That's where he is now, I'm wanting them to do him a favor and get him out of this kennel.

Thee Conservative Steeler Array title="steel9guy is on a distinguished road"> steel9guy's Avatar

By the way , about Ben's errant passes, when you're throwing off your back foot all night that's what happens. No running game = no play action. Poor down and distance situations make the defense's job real easy.
    100% agree. If Ben had ANY LINE AT ALL we are 2-0 right now and Ben has at least 10 beautiful play action passes to his name. They are wasting his career.

Senior Member Array title="Lambert_Loonie will become famous soon enough"> Lambert_Loonie's Avatar

35 minutes north of the hellhole that is Paul Brown Stadium

Why stop there? Let's move the team to LA and change the team name and logo while we're at it. Black and gold doesn't work in Los Angeles. Needs more bright colors and a contemporary nickname.

You don't have to agree with me, but I do recomend it.

Its embarrassing to hear other so called steeler fans wanting to throw Ben away...hes the only QB in the NFL to be able to "deal" with this O line!!

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

"Throw him to the dogs"? That's where he is now, I'm wanting them to do him a favor and get him out of this kennel.

Once, we were L Legends Array title="oneforthetoe has a reputation beyond repute">

Wow ... you know we are 0 -2. Still, we have been in both games in the fourth quarter. Our D could still be one of the top ten in the League, even with all the young players. And our special teams are actually playing pretty well. Our offense sucks, no doubt. That is not a recipe for a 3-13 team. We are looking at between 6-8 and 9-7, imo. And I certainly don't see why we can't get competitive for the division in future years.