Thread: Big Ben vs. Carson Palmer

Smashmouth Posting Array title="Seven has much to be proud of"> Seven's Avatar

Big Ben vs. Carson Palmer

I have a very solid team this year but my quarterbacks are average. After just about getting laughed out of Buffalo Wild Wings during my league's draft in August, I shut everyone up last week by putting up a league high in points thanks mostly to Larry Fitzgerald, Victor Cruz, Vernon Davis and the Cowboys defense. Now that my gloating is over, the question at hand: Ben vs. Carson. Palmer did pretty well last week and you know what Roethlisberger did. I don't want to give up on Ben yet but I think Palmer is going to be putting up numbers consistently under Arians. Advice? I need to be talked out of starting Ben basically.
    "If you are holding on to something that you no longer need to hold on to, I encourage you to let go." - Rashard Mendenhall

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Big Ben vs. Carson Palmer

With the O-line that Ben has, I don't think he will have a chance to do much.

Senior Member Array title="steeldawg is a jewel in the rough">

Palmer the play for sure this week, Palmer is going to throw against Detroit because their d line is tough to run against. Also Fitzgerald is a beast he will do well against Detroit. Ben just can't be trusted fantasy wise to many questionable things on steelers offense.

Senior Member Array title="Nadroj 20 is just really nice"> Nadroj 20's Avatar

Palmer is going to throw more then Ben. Ben isn't really a fantasy QB. He's great don't get me wrong, but not stats great at times.

Palmer will probably put up better numbers this year.
    "Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose"
    ~Rest In Peace HometownGal~

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Fantasy wise, Ben hasn't been great. That 2009 game against GreenBay he went off.

Sent from my SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 4

Smashmouth Posting Array title="Seven has much to be proud of"> Seven's Avatar

I've won with Ben because I always take him late. However, this year I took Palmer too because I think he's going to be a stud. The only thing I'm worried about is if Fitzgerald doesn't play. If Fitz can't go I will probably start Ben and Emmanuel Sanders in the place of he and Palmer.
    "If you are holding on to something that you no longer need to hold on to, I encourage you to let go." - Rashard Mendenhall