Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Pens Tidbits 2.0

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

Pens Tidbits 2.0

As I said in the old thread, I figured it was time to start a new Tidbits thread...perhaps erasing some bad playoff ju-ju from the Pens.

Anyways, Pittsburgh's training camp starts this week and I'm ready for some hockey!

Pittsburgh Penguins Report for Training Camp Wednesday, Sept. 11

Saturday, 09.07.2013 / 9:00 AM / News
    Pittsburgh Penguins
    The Pittsburgh Penguins will report for training camp, Wednesday, Sept. 11, and will take the ice for the first practice of the 2013-14 season on Thursday, Sept. 12.

The Penguins’ practice sessions and scrimmage on Saturday, Sept. 14 at CONSOL Energy Center will be open to the public with gates opening at 8:30 a.m. Details for the open practice will be available next week.

The Penguins will play six preseason games, opening on the road against the Columbus Blue Jackets at 6 p.m. on Sunday, Sept. 15 at Nationwide Arena, prior to returning home to host the Detroit Red Wings at 7 p.m. on Monday, Sept. 16.

Pittsburgh will open the regular season at home against the New Jersey Devils at 7 p.m. on October 3.

more: http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=681686

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Re: Pens Tidbits 2.0

Thread stickied. May the curse now be lifted off the Pens and they finally hoist Lord Stanley's Cup once again in 2014!

Quote Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
    Thread stickied. May the curse now be lifted off the Pens and they finally hoist Lord Stanley's Cup once again in 2014!
    Let's hope so!

- - - Updated - - -

Penguins Invite 54 Players to Training Camp

Monday, 09.09.2013 / 10:00 AM / News
    Pittsburgh Penguins

The Pittsburgh Penguins have invited 54 players (30 forwards; 18 defensemen; 6 goaltenders) to training camp, it was announced today by executive vice president and general manager Ray Shero.

Included are 21 players who were members of the Penguins’ Eastern Conference finals roster, headlined by captain Sidney Crosby, co-playoff team scoring leaders Evgeni Malkin and Kris Letang and 2012-13 NHL First-Team All-Star left wing Chris Kunitz.

The Penguins also return NHL plus-minus leader Pascal Dupuis, the team’s regular-season goal-scoring leader James Neal, two-way blueliner Paul Martin, alternate captain Brooks Orpik and the goaltending tandem of Marc-Andre Fleury and Tomas Vokoun.

more: http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.ht...id=DL|PIT|home

Come on people, training camp starts tomorrow. Where is everyone?

Scuderi happy to be back in Penguins organization

By Jonathan Bombulie (Staff Writer)
    Published: September 13, 2013

PITTSBURGH - A funny thing happened on the first day of Pittsburgh Penguins training camp Thursday at the Consol Energy Center.
    A 10-year reunion broke out.

Rob Scuderi, Brooks Orpik and Tom Kostopoulos - teammates with the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins from 2001-03 - are back in black and gold.

Orpik never left the Penguins organization, graduating to the NHL for good by 2004 and becoming a cornerstone of Pittsburgh's defense. Scuderi and Kostopoulos, meanwhile, rejoined the Penguins in free agency over the summer.

"They haven't changed at all. Still the same clowns," Kostopoulos joked. "They still talk about Boston College all the time. Drives me crazy."

If Thursday really had been a reunion, Scuderi would have been the one who showed up in shape with a full head of hair and a luxury car.

more: http://citizensvoice.com/sports/scud...tion-1.1551418

- - - Updated - - -

Jeffrey looking to make impact with Pittsburgh

By Jonathan Bombulie (Staff Writer)
    Published: September 14, 2013

PITTSBURGH - When Dustin Jeffrey graduated from Wilkes-Barre/Scranton to the Pittsburgh Penguins in February of 2011, a brilliant NHL future was within his grasp.

He had done virtually everything there was to do in the AHL, playing in a Calder Cup finals, proving himself as a scorer with 116 points in his last 117 games in the league and emerging as the kind of forward any coach could trust in the defensive zone.

But as Jeffrey has found out over the last two seasons, sometimes getting to the NHL isn't the hard part. It's making an impact in the best league in the world that can be the biggest challenge.
    Entering his sixth pro season, Jeffrey is penciled in as Pittsburgh's 13th forward - a valuable, versatile player but one without a defined spot in the lineup.

more: http://citizensvoice.com/sports/jeff...urgh-1.1551931

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Live stream of the Pens practice:

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Lineups for tomorrow night's game @ Columbus:

29 MARC-ANDRE FLEURY – G
    37 JEFF ZATKOFF – G Position Players
    2 MATT NISKANEN – D
    4 ROB SCUDERI – D
    6 SCOTT HARRINGTON – D
    8 BRIAN DUMOULIN – D
    10 TANNER GLASS – F
    12 CHUCK KOBASEW – F
    17 DUSTIN JEFFREY – F
    18 JAMES NEAL – F
    19 BEAU BENNETT – F
    24 BRENDAN MIKKELSON – D
    25 ANDREW EBBETT – F
    32 PIERRE-LUC LETOURNEAU-LEBLOND – F
    38 ZACH SILL – F
    42 BOBBY FARNHAM – F
    45 ADAM PAYERL – F
    46 JOE VITALE – F
    51 DERRICK POULIOT – D
    54 TOM KUHNHACKL – F
    55 PHILIP SAMUELSSON – D
    71 EVGENI MALKIN – F

BLUE JACKETS LINEUP

Goaltenders
    31 CURTIS MCELHINNEY – G
    60 OSCAR DANSK – G

Position players
    5 JACK SKILLE – F
    6 NIKITA NIKITIN – D
    10 MARIAN GABORIK – F
    11 MATT CALVERT – F
    13 CAM ATKINSON – F
    14 BLAKE COMEAU – F
    17 BRANDON DUBINSKY – F
    18 R.J. UMBERGER – F
    21 JAMES WISNIEWSKI – D
    27 RYAN MURRAY – D
    29 IILARI MELART – D
    32 CODY BASS – F
    42 ARTEM ANISIMOV – F
    48 CODY GOLOUBEF – D
    55 MARK LETESTU – F
    58 DAVID SAVARD – D
    76 TRENT VOGELHUBER – F
    83 BROC LITTLE – F

Hopefully Fleury doesn't decide to completely suck ass and shows us something. BTW, Crosby will play Monday night vs. Detroit, a game I will go to if I can't sell off the tix. Need someone to go with me, though.

Lineups for tomorrow night's game @ Columbus:

29 MARC-ANDRE FLEURY – G
    37 JEFF ZATKOFF – G Position Players
    2 MATT NISKANEN – D
    4 ROB SCUDERI – D
    6 SCOTT HARRINGTON – D
    8 BRIAN DUMOULIN – D
    10 TANNER GLASS – F
    12 CHUCK KOBASEW – F
    17 DUSTIN JEFFREY – F
    18 JAMES NEAL – F
    19 BEAU BENNETT – F
    24 BRENDAN MIKKELSON – D
    25 ANDREW EBBETT – F
    32 PIERRE-LUC LETOURNEAU-LEBLOND – F
    38 ZACH SILL – F
    42 BOBBY FARNHAM – F
    45 ADAM PAYERL – F
    46 JOE VITALE – F
    51 DERRICK POULIOT – D
    54 TOM KUHNHACKL – F
    55 PHILIP SAMUELSSON – D
    71 EVGENI MALKIN – F

BLUE JACKETS LINEUP

Goaltenders
    31 CURTIS MCELHINNEY – G
    60 OSCAR DANSK – G

Position players
    5 JACK SKILLE – F
    6 NIKITA NIKITIN – D
    10 MARIAN GABORIK – F
    11 MATT CALVERT – F
    13 CAM ATKINSON – F
    14 BLAKE COMEAU – F
    17 BRANDON DUBINSKY – F
    18 R.J. UMBERGER – F
    21 JAMES WISNIEWSKI – D
    27 RYAN MURRAY – D
    29 IILARI MELART – D
    32 CODY BASS – F
    42 ARTEM ANISIMOV – F
    48 CODY GOLOUBEF – D
    55 MARK LETESTU – F
    58 DAVID SAVARD – D
    76 TRENT VOGELHUBER – F
    83 BROC LITTLE – F

Hopefully Fleury doesn't decide to completely suck ass and shows us something. BTW, Crosby will play Monday night vs. Detroit, a game I will go to if I can't sell off the tix. Need someone to go with me, though.
    If I didn't have to work, I'd make the 5 hour drive out there.

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAsteeler View Post
    If I didn't have to work, I'd make the 5 hour drive out there.
    I need someone to go to the home opener with me too. If you have $75 and can get off work for one day to make the 5-hour drive, you're in!

I need someone to go to the home opener with me too. If you have $75 and can get off work for one day to make the 5-hour drive, you're in!
    Unfortunately (at least in this case), I'm starting my new job in a few weeks so getting time off will be damn near impossible. I sincerely appreciate the offer though.

Pens lose 5-4 in OT to the Jackets in their first preseason game tonight. Looked like your typical early preseason game - lots of rust, some defensive lapses and plenty of goals. Malkin's line looked pretty good, the PP was really good (18 of 35 regulation shots were on the PP), and I really liked what I saw from Brian Dumoulin, Tom Kuhnhackl, Dustin Jeffrey and Chuck Kobasew. Preseason game 2 tomorrow night - Crosby's line is expected to play, along with Letang, Martin, Orpik, Jokinen and Sutter.

Got a text tonight that Vokoun had a procedure done to dissolve a blood clot in his pelvis, and he'll be out indefinitely. Wonderful. So it's all on Fleury now.

Got a text tonight that Vokoun had a procedure done to dissolve a blood clot in his pelvis, and he'll be out indefinitely. Wonderful. So it's all on Fleury now.
    I saw that. Looks like Jeff Zatkoff gets an extended stay in Pittsburgh and Peter Mannino, Eric Hartzell and Andy Chiodo will battle it out for the two goalie spots in WBS.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Better now than in March.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Penguins Reduce Training Camp Roster by Eight

Sunday, 09.22.2013 / 2:54 PM / News
    Pittsburgh Penguins

The Pittsburgh Penguins have re-assigned eight players to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton of the American Hockey League (AHL), it was announced today by executive vice president and general manager Ray Shero.

Players sent to WBS were forwards Nick Drazenovic, Pierre-Luc Letourneau-Leblond, Steve MacIntyre, Jayson Megna and Adam Payerl, and defensemen Scott Harrington, Philip Samuelsson and Brendan Mikkelson.

more: http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=683617

Apparently Steve MacIntyre was claimed off waivers by Edmonton.

Yes he did. So an already soft as shit team gets softer. Maybe the Pens sign PL3 to an NHL deal.

Nah, who am I kidding?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

If I'm Big Mac, I'm actually happy because all he's done is keep the luxury box occupied in WBS the past 2 seasons.

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

The Pens are looking pretty good in their final preseason game. So far they are winning three to nothing and Malkin had the latest goal.

Pens up 5-1.

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Edmonton lost Steve MacIntyre to an injury in their last preseason game, article says he will probably start the season on injured reserve and miss significant time.

http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/201...psided-defeat/

Penguins Make Roster Moves

Monday, 09.30.2013 / 4:45 PM / News
    Pittsburgh Penguins

The Pittsburgh Penguins have made the following roster moves, it was announced today by executive vice president and general manager Ray Shero.

Forward Andrew Ebbett and defenseman Simon Despres have been re-assigned to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton of the American Hockey League (AHL); forward Beau Bennett has been re-assigned to the Wheeling Nailers of the ECHL; and defenseman Derrick Pouliot has been re-assigned to his junior team, the Portland Winterhawks of the Western Hockey League (WHL).

The Penguins have also placed defenseman Kris Letang and goaltender Tomas Vokoun on injured reserve and recalled defenseman Harrison Ruopp from Wilkes-Barre/Scranton.

Don't panic about Bennett being sent to Wheeling. I'm almost positive it's just a temporary cap move. He'll be back up very soon. They also sent Despres down to WBS for cap reasons. I'm sure he'll be back up soon.

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAsteeler View Post
    Penguins Make Roster Moves

Monday, 09.30.2013 / 4:45 PM / News
    Pittsburgh Penguins

The Pittsburgh Penguins have made the following roster moves, it was announced today by executive vice president and general manager Ray Shero.

Forward Andrew Ebbett and defenseman Simon Despres have been re-assigned to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton of the American Hockey League (AHL); forward Beau Bennett has been re-assigned to the Wheeling Nailers of the ECHL; and defenseman Derrick Pouliot has been re-assigned to his junior team, the Portland Winterhawks of the Western Hockey League (WHL).

The Penguins have also placed defenseman Kris Letang and goaltender Tomas Vokoun on injured reserve and recalled defenseman Harrison Ruopp from Wilkes-Barre/Scranton.

Don't panic about Bennett being sent to Wheeling. I'm almost positive it's just a temporary cap move. He'll be back up very soon.
    They also sent Despres down to WBS for cap reasons. I'm sure he'll be back up soon.
    He's going to play against New Jersey on opening night so he's not an issue at all. I assume Despres will also be back very soon too. I really hope Kris isn't out for long.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerdude15 View Post
    He's going to play against New Jersey on opening night so he's not an issue at all. I assume Despres will also be back very soon too. I really hope Kris isn't out for long.
    I think Despres' demotion is permanent. They are in love with Matt Niskanen, so of course they won't deal him to free up cap space, even though he does nothing special.

Pens off to a good start - 2-0 and Fleury has allowed just 1 goal in the first 2 games. So far, so good.

Pens off to a good start - 2-0 and Fleury has allowed just 1 goal in the first 2 games. So far, so good.
    We need Fleury to play well because as much as I enjoyed having Zatkoff playing out here for WBS, I'm not convinced he's an NHL-caliber goalie (yet).

Jussi with a nice hat trick, Pens win 5-2!

Pens off to a nice start. Got my tickets ready for the WBS Pens home opener on Saturday and I can't wait.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

I'm glad they got off to a nice start. But this teams troubles start in the playoffs. Can Fleury ever be trusted in a playoff series again? Can Crosby and Malkin play like superstars and take over a series when called upon? Will Letang stop turning over the puck at critical times in a playoff series? And what will Blysma do to insure that his best players have a chance to be at their best? ( p.p configuration etc...)
    "A man's got to know his limitations."