Thread: Free Agency 2023

Member Array title="Crossdog will become famous soon enough"> Crossdog's Avatar

Free Agency 2023

Here are the Steeler UFAs as of now:

Mason Rudolph
    Benny Snell Jr
    Derek Watt
    Zach Gentry
    Miles Boykin

Jesse Davis
    Trent Scott
    JC Hassenauer

Cam Sutton
    Marcus Allen
    Terrell Edmunds
    Damontae Kazee
    Karl Joseph

Devin Bush
    Robert Spillane
    Malik Reed

Larry Ogunjobi
    Tyson Alualu
    Chris Wormley

RFAs

Steven Sims
    James Pierre
    Jamir Jones (ERFA)

Who would you like to keep?

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: Free Agency 2023

Quote Originally Posted by Crossdog View Post
    Here are the Steeler UFAs as of now:

Mason Rudolph
    Benny Snell Jr
    Derek Watt
    Zach Gentry
    Miles Boykin

Jesse Davis
    Trent Scott
    JC Hassenauer

Cam Sutton
    Marcus Allen
    Terrell Edmunds
    Damontae Kazee
    Karl Joseph

Devin Bush
    Robert Spillane
    Malik Reed

Larry Ogunjobi
    Tyson Alualu
    Chris Wormley

RFAs

Steven Sims
    James Pierre
    Jamir Jones (ERFA)

Who would you like to keep?
    Derek Watt
    Zach Gentry
    Miles Boykin

Cam Sutton
    Terrell Edmunds
    Damontae Kazee

Larry Ogunjobi
    Chris Wormley

Bold are the 5 I would start with.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Derek Watt
    Zach Gentry
    Miles Boykin

Cam Sutton
    Terrell Edmunds
    Damontae Kazee

Larry Ogunjobi
    Chris Wormley

good list! Personally I'd put Boykin in bold, he really impacts those ST units, kinda like DHB. But no arguments from me.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Who I think the Steelers will try to bring back:

Derek Watt
    Zach Gentry
    Miles Boykin
    JC Hassenauer
    Cam Sutton
    Terrell Edmunds
    Damontae Kazee
    Larry Ogunjobi
    Robert Spillane
    One of Malik Reed and Jamir Jones - Jones is ERFA so I lean toward him.
    Steven Sims
    James Pierre

The bold names are the names I would like to see back.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

good list! Personally I'd put Boykin in bold, he really impacts those ST units, kinda like DHB. But no arguments from me.
    Probably Boykin. But on that list you have Allen, Boykin and Watt. Pretty much all Special Teams guys. Watt seems to be on the upswing as far as participation on offense which is why I added him to the list over Boykin and Allen.

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Who I think the Steelers will try to bring back:

Derek Watt
    Zach Gentry
    Miles Boykin
    JC Hassenauer
    Cam Sutton
    Terrell Edmunds
    Damontae Kazee
    Larry Ogunjobi
    Robert Spillane
    One of Malik Reed and Jamir Jones - Jones is ERFA so I lean toward him.
    Steven Sims
    James Pierre

The bold names are the names I would like to see back.
    I'd add Chris Wormley as I think he'd be cheap coming off injury but good list. Any outside FAs on your grocery list?

WR Mack Hollins for me, but not a back breaker.

Probably Boykin. But on that list you have Allen, Boykin and Watt. Pretty much all Special Teams guys. Watt seems to be on the upswing as far as participation on offense which is why I added him to the list over Boykin and Allen.
    yep, makes sense. It was good to see them finally utilizing him other than STs.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I'd add Chris Wormley as I think he'd be cheap coming off injury but good list. Any outside FAs on your grocery list?

WR Mack Hollins for me, but not a back breaker.
    I liked Hollins out of NC during that draft year. I have no idea what he's done or even where he's played since then. Be nice to look him up again.

I would definitely like to add Tremaine Edmunds playing with Terrell in 2023. Maybe Rock Ya-Sin CB from the Raiders. SS Vonn Bell from Cincy if Terrell can't be re-signed. TE Foster Moreau is only 25 and would be a nice compliment for the Steelers. There are many names in FA I like, still finding ones I think will fit.

I liked Hollins out of NC during that draft year. I have no idea what he's done or even where he's played since then. Be nice to look him up again.

I would definitely like to add Tremaine Edmunds playing with Terrell in 2023. Maybe Rock Ya-Sin CB from the Raiders. SS Vonn Bell from Cincy if Terrell can't be re-signed. TE Foster Moreau is only 25 and would be a nice compliment for the Steelers. There are many names in FA I like, still finding ones I think will fit.
    I believe Hollins was drafted by the Eagles and did nothing. Then went to Miami and did nothing and then went to the Raiders and did a little. Not really a guy I’d be clamoring for or really excited to spend salary cap money on. Might be a little depressing if you looked him up…

I believe Hollins was drafted by the Eagles and did nothing. Then went to Miami and did nothing and then went to the Raiders and did a little. Not really a guy I’d be clamoring for or really excited to spend salary cap money on. Might be a little depressing if you looked him up…
    Just looking to round out the WR room, not every FA signing is going to be a Davante Adams type. He's a WR 3/4 for probably 2mil/year.

I'd like to see them bring in an ILB and DL too, just haven't pegged them down yet.

Just looking to round out the WR room, not every FA signing is going to be a Davante Adams type. He's a WR 3/4 for probably 2mil/year.

I'd like to see them bring in an ILB and DL too, just haven't pegged them down yet.
    I think there are better options out there to start with. For me, I’d also like to see them add a couple veterans through FA…OL, ILB, CB in that order of importance. I’d also like to see a stronger DL rotation but I’m not sure all of that plus retaining the UFAs is possible.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Mack Hollins is going to be 30. Might as well just sign Sammy Watkins.

WR is almost certain to be 6 guys. Pickens, DJ, CA3, a resigned Sims, and a resigned Boykin because he is special teams. So that leaves one spot on the 53. I figure there is no way they don't draft one. They almost always do. Not a lot of room for a FA WR to carve out a role unless they want a guy to push Sims off the roster.

The FA WRs that would be cost-effective for coming in and being the 3rd WR are not a very inspiring list: https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-age...-receiver/all/

For me, I say sit out FA at the position unless something really hard to pass up comes to pass and draft a guy. WRs are a dime a dozen every draft now because so many colleges are running complex passing offenses. Like if Jarvis Landry was suddenly healthy and could run again and was willing to come to Pittsburgh be the 4th option in the offense and serve as a third down possession receiver and KP's security blanket...then sure...why not...but other than that just draft someone in the top 100 or so picks and turn them loose.

OBJ is still a FA and his 'market value' is around $13M per year. Pickens, DJ, and OBJ/CA3 could be....

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

I think another OLB would be great. Using the totally out of date Kevin Colbert FA signing calculator, they would be looking for someone coming into their second(ish) contract and having something of a draft pedigree. Assuming he hits FA, that kinda brings me to Arden Key. 2018 third round pick. Some production in a non-starting role with the Niners and Jags.

At ILB there is the potential of Edmunds actually not getting signed in Buffalo and then everything else. And everything else is not that great. Although maybe Kyzir White is too expensive for the Eagles to pay? Unfortunately, right now, it looks like Myles Jack and a Draft Pick are the best we can hope for!

At CB...I really hope they can bring Sutton back. Using the same priorities as above, Sean Murphy Bunting is a potential FA name that stands out. The big one would be Greedy Williams. Under Colbert, I don't know if the Steelers would have been able to resist taking a shot. Under Khan? No idea. Other second contract high draft pedigree FAs are Lonnie Johnson and Trayvon Mullens. To be clear, I am not really looking at on the field NFL results but age and former draft status. Those have been past indicators of Steelers FA interest.

For safety, I live in a world where Edmunds is resigned (to play with his brother!), Kazee comes back, AND...Jessie Bates signs here to get a chance to stick it to Cincy at least twice a year. In this fantasy dream world, the Steelers stop living in their fears and just let Edmunds play as the smallest ILB ever and hope for the best. In reality, bring back Edmunds and Kazee. Draft someone. The end.

TE - bring back Gentry and call it a day. PF, Gentry, and Heyward should be more than fine.

OL - please bring in a LT and a real back-up center. But that LT might not be a starting caliber guy....and then maybe draft one? I really don't want another season of Moore and Dotson manning the left side of the line. But I might be underselling the gruesome twosome.

DL...two names jump off the screen for me. Ogunjobi and Hargrave. Under the more standard bargain hunting for draft pedigree dudes who are no longer wanted by their teams -- Ferrell, Solomon Thomas, and Billings.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Time to let Marcus Allen join another team's huddle -- for good this time. And if I was the GM I'd block Bush's agent's cell number from my phone.

OBJ is still a FA and his 'market value' is around $13M per year. Pickens, DJ, and OBJ/CA3 could be....
    Rather have JuJu.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Rather have JuJu.
    Juju would be running 2 yard routes for Canada

Sent from my SM-F711U using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    you're exaggerating.

they would be 1 yard routes or behind the LOS.

Sent from my SM-F711U using Tapatalk
    JuJu is smart enough to not return to this mess of an offense…

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Derek Watt
    Zach Gentry
    Miles Boykin

Cam Sutton
    Terrell Edmunds
    Damontae Kazee

Larry Ogunjobi
    Chris Wormley

Shocked no Benny Snell on your list.

Quote Originally Posted by EzraTank View Post
    Shocked no Benny Snell on your list.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar