Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire Haley!

Banned Array title="Spike is just really nice">

Fire Haley!

all together now!

Fire Haley!

....the stink of losing never leaves him - I saw Tomlin screaming at him on the sidelines - if the Rooneys have any balls at all they will fire this useless jerk today

DO it!

..of course the Steelers F.O. deserves a big part of blame for listening to the yinzers and "Teaching Ben a lesson" and hiring this clod in the first place

This is what you get people.

Haley has managed to destroy our offense and turn our 2 time SB winning QB into Bubby fucking Brister in a little over a year.

and I don't want to hear any alibi's and excuse from the apologists - we won a SB with Tomlin, Arians Ben and a stinking O-line

and you can blame Pouncey's injury on Haley too - that zone blocking bullshit which is just another way of calling for cheap cut block shots at opponents knees - well that concept backfired too

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Fire Haley!

I was waiting to see how long it would take before someone posted a "Fire Haley" thread.

Just like I'm waiting for all his nut-hanging blind apologists to come running with a clown hat full of alibi's and excuses

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spike View Post
    Just like I'm waiting for all his nut-hanging blind apologists to come running with a clown hat full of alibi's and excuses
    Do you even remember that Ben was having an MVP-worthy season last year before his shoulder injury? Didn't think so.
    http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg

Dwinsgames

Jack Bicknell Jr should be the one with his head on the chopping block IF it was his idea to throw the kinds of blocks Decastro and Gilbert where attempting on the play that Pouncey went down , there is no excuse nor place for that kind of blocking in this game IMO ...

Yes they are legal but they are far from clean play IMO , its dirty , under handed and down right ignorant to employ that style of play .... going at the knees of an opponent ( in this case your own dam team mate ) intentionally is just plain WRONG .....

whomever is responsible ( it points to Bicknell ) should be fired .. and not because we lost the game but because it is legalized cheating in my book

look closely at this clip , decastro and gilbert both going for knees

Super Moderator and Lone hawks fan Array title="Devilsdancefloor has a reputation beyond repute"> Devilsdancefloor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    Jack Bicknell Jr should be the one with his head on the chopping block IF it was his idea to throw the kinds of blocks Decastro and Gilbert where attempting on the play that Pouncey went down , there is no excuse nor place for that kind of blocking in this game IMO ...

Yes they are legal but they are far from clean play IMO , its dirty , under handed and down right ignorant to employ that style of play .... going at the knees of an opponent ( in this case your own dam team mate ) intentionally is just plain WRONG .....

whomever is responsible ( it points to Bicknell ) should be fired .. and not because we lost the game but because it is legalized cheating in my book

i agree 100% every0nie bitched when Denver was doing it to us then a few years ago when the ratbirds where cutting big snack i hate it it should be illegal, but hey they arent getting concusions just blowing out knees

For those i love i will sacrifice.

Si ventus non est, remiga

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsdancefloor View Post
    i agree 100% every0nie bitched when Denver was doing it to us then a few years ago when the ratbirds where cutting big snack i hate it it should be illegal, but hey they arent getting concusions just blowing out knees
    All in the name of player safety!!

and yes, you can blame Haley for Pouncey's injury with his "zone blocking" a.k.a. chopblocking bullshit - this is HIS offense

Keisel hates him too

that's what happens when you use a "zone blocking" scheme - it's is just another name for cut/chop blocks

David DeCastro, pulling from his left to deliver a cut block, drove into the back of the center's legs rather than those of nose tackle Sammie Hill.

“It's terrible,” DeCastro said. “You're trying to cut the nose down, run outside, chop him down.”

He got the wrong man, and, on the sidelines, defensive end and co-captain Brett Keisel was furious. He is one of NFL's main lobbyists against the cut block, and he's even more opposed now that Pouncey's season is over because of what Keisel termed friendly fire.

“When you have a play like that and the backside guard is cutting, it's ridiculous,” Keisel said. “

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/...#axzz2eLb8ti1Q

Dwinsgames

Bicknell is the one responsible for the ZBS not Haley , post it all ya like but in the process its always a good idea to get it right ...

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Can't say I disagree. I've always hated those dirty ass chop blocks that Mike Shanahan made famous in Denver. That's not real football, and they should be banned. But hey, it's just an OL and not a DB crushing a WR, so ol' Rog couldn't give a rat's ass.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

If Bicknell goes, so should Tomlin...he hired him.You can't tell me Tomlin doesn't know whats going on with the O line.

Dwinsgames

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    If Bicknell goes, so should Tomlin...he hired him.You can't tell me Tomlin doesn't know whats going on with the O line.

well he should know what is going on , but does he ?

I am not so sure , one would think he would realize the team was not ready to play yesterday too but apparently he did not know that either .....

there seems to be some sort of disconnect with this team and its coaching staff and I am not sure why , does he have far to much confidence in his coaching staff and fails to be dutiful and follow behind them to be sure of the level of attention to detail ?

I do not have the answers like the rest of you I am just tossing darts at the board and see where they land

Bicknell is the one responsible for the ZBS not Haley...
    so Haley doesn't run the offense?

prove it

Senior Member Array title="Master Blaster is on a distinguished road"> Master Blaster's Avatar

David DeCastro said that they didn't have enough time to practice the zone blocking scheme in order to be proficient at it. The underlying issue to why that is can be directed at the new collective bargaining agreement. According to this new deal teams are no longer allowed the time they used to have to get their players ready for the season. The onus was placed on the players to work out on their own in the off season. We are seeing the negative cause and affect of that decision. At his post season press conference, this past February, Art Rooney eluded to that clause as being a key reason why his and other teams were enduring so many injuries.

What transpired at Hines Field yesterday is the fault of the coaching staff, especially on the offensive side of the ball. Since everything on offense begins and ends with the success or failure of the offensive line then it goes without saying that new offensive line coach, Jack Bicknell Jr.'s use of the outside zone blocking scheme failed to achieve the required result because as DeCastro said, they didn't have enough time to practice it. I, personally, despise this scheme because, by its design and implementation, it magnifies and increases the potential for serious leg injuries. Therefore, it proves how hypocritical the NFL is when it comes to player safety. In my opinion, zone blocking must be eliminated.

somebody was blowing smoke up their ass

The Steelers arrived at training camp bubbling with enthusiasm about their new zone-blocking schemes. The Titans made a mockery of it by pinning down the edges and overwhelming the offensive front in the trenches.

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/-topstori...#ixzz2eOr1TI2h

Senior Member Array title="Master Blaster is on a distinguished road"> Master Blaster's Avatar

The solution is easy. Get rid of Bicknell's outside zone blocking scheme.

Administrator Array title="Texasteel has a reputation beyond repute"> Texasteel's Avatar

Thanks for the clip Bud, that is the only play that I have see so far. It looked to me that this was a designed play, the RG just hit the wrong knees. If this is the blocking that we are teaching our line then IMO the Rooney's need to find out who is responsible and take care of it right now. I'm not saying fire anyone, just make sure it does not happen on our team again. I am the most ignorant poster here as far as this sort of thing is concerned, but I thought that if a defensive play was engaged headed to the outside that it was not aloud for another blocker to hit him in that area. Legal or not it looks to be a very dangerous block, and not something I want to Steelers to be known for. I don't know if we can recover from what happened yesterday or not, but the most important thing to me is that the Steelers are not known as a team that will use a dangerous gray area of the rules, and to hell what happens to the players.

AML

Senior Member Array title="dislocatedday has a reputation beyond repute"> dislocatedday's Avatar

Like others have already posted, that cut blocking scheme is underhanded and absurd (even if technically legal). To top it off, it appears the Steelers olineman can't even cut block in an efficient manner. That total whiff by Gilbert, and boneheaded diving lunge by DeCastro are just sad to watch on tape. You reap what you sow, and this scheme bit this team in its own ass by taking Pouncey out for the season. If the bulk of the line is too weak to take on the opposing team's Dline straight up then those guys just don't belong in the NFL IMO.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by msafford View Post
    Do you even remember that Ben was having an MVP-worthy season last year before his shoulder injury? Didn't think so.
    thats cute. because we werent statistically average or below average in almost every offensive category before that happened or anything...
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Dwinsgames

prove it
    the line is Bicknell job that is what he was hired to do ....

you do not fire the store manager at walmart because the sporting good department manager stole a couple guns you fire the one that is the head of the department and perpetrator of the act ... its common sense but that is something that seems to be less and less common these days

K = Dean + Roy Array title="steeldevil is a jewel in the rough"> steeldevil's Avatar

The OL sucked. Lets hope the majority of it was seeing their leader go down and not that they just don't got it.

With the OL run blocking and pass blocking as shitty as they did no plan would have worked.

If theOL sucks next week this bad we have to go no huddle and try to use the pace and passing game to set up the run.

Now if next week is as bad as this week and we don't try anything different like no huddle, then ill be starting to have problems...

the line is Bicknell job that is what he was hired to do ....

you do not fire the store manager at walmart because the sporting good department manager stole a couple guns you fire the one that is the head of the department and perpetrator of the act ... its common sense but that is something that seems to be less and less common these days

Senior Member Array title="steeldawg is a jewel in the rough">

Well in regards to the offensive coordinator, why if the o-line sucks do we not call some roll outs and move the pocket some TE quick hitters RB screens, It would be nice to see an adjustment rather than just hoping the o-line will put together a decent drive. I mean the only time we get a decent gain is when ben breaks the pocket and creates a play.

Senior Member Array title="Jaucer is on a distinguished road">

midwest ohio home of the MAC high school conference

prove it
    Using your logic then it should be Tomlin on the chopping block. He runs the team. Per your logic Haley is only doing what Tomlin wants.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steeldevil View Post
    The OL sucked. Lets hope the majority of it was seeing their leader go down and not that they just don't got it.

With the OL run blocking and pass blocking as shitty as they did no plan would have worked.

If theOL sucks next week this bad we have to go no huddle and try to use the pace and passing game to set up the run.

Now if next week is as bad as this week and we don't try anything different like no huddle, then ill be starting to have problems...

We could punt on 3rd down.
    All Defense!

Dwinsgames

Quote Originally Posted by steeldawg View Post
    Well in regards to the offensive coordinator, why if the o-line sucks do we not call some roll outs and move the pocket some TE quick hitters RB screens, It would be nice to see an adjustment rather than just hoping the o-line will put together a decent drive. I mean the only time we get a decent gain is when ben breaks the pocket and creates a play.

yea great Idea if we had a true pass catching TE option to throw to , same with RB Redman couldn't handle a handoff let alone a pass and by the time LSH entered the game we needed more than dink and dunk

Senior Member Array title="steeldawg is a jewel in the rough">

yea great Idea if we had a true pass catching TE option to throw to , same with RB Redman couldn't handle a handoff let alone a pass and by the time LSH entered the game we needed more than dink and dunk
    you have to do something