Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire Haley!

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Re: Fire Haley!

Fire Haley? Ben has to wake up. Either he has some physical problems he isn't revealing or he is losing concentration during the game. Some of his misses last night were mind blowing.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    Crash, is this you?
    He had a meltdown after that attempted pass to Rosey Nix.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Eli Rogers drop, DHB not getting his head turned around, Ben making bad throws. Hard to put much blame on Haley.
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Geno71

Nice of this cuckold to humiliate a HOF QB on the field like that.

Now it's 20 points or less on offense in 19 of their past 29 road games.

If Tomlin has any balls (or say) he would send Haley to the coaches booth on Thursday and give Fichtner his play-sheet. Enough is enough with this unqualified asshat.

Too much of Toddy's two TE/FB set to start the game and as usual they start slow.

Ben's pick? Two tight ends on the field.

Ben's sack? 2nd string (McDonald), 3rd string (Grimble), and Nix all running pass patterns. Bell was the play-fake who stopped three yards passed the LOS with a defender shadowing him. Brown off the field.

How many times must Dickhead run this formation to realize it doesn't work?

29 combined plays on the scoring drives.

Plays with 2+ tight ends on the field? Only 4 of 29.

Plays with Nix on the field? Only 2 of 29, the last two plays of the game.

See what happens when the speed stays on the field and the slow scrubs stay on the bench? In other words see what happens when they have to abandon Haley's preferred offensive set, AGAIN? The same goddamn thing that happened on Christmas and Ben saved Haley's ass that game also.

Senior Member Array title="SteelMayhem72 has much to be proud of"> SteelMayhem72's Avatar

Haley has definite anger issues and ive seen countless times Tomlin having to calm his ass down. Ive said it once and i will say it again...Ben will retire after this year no matter the outcome of the season. Having this dickhead scream at you and it caught on camera truly embarrasses Ben. There is gonna be a meltdown between the 2 of them coming up and we may see that thursday night. Yes I do agree something is wrong with Ben and it seems to me he is just going through the motions.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Geno71 View Post

If Tomlin has any balls (or say) he would send Haley to the coaches booth on Thursday and give Fichtner his play-sheet. Enough is enough with this unqualified asshat.

Too much of Toddy's two TE/FB set to start the game and as usual they start slow.

Ben's sack? 2nd string (McDonald), 3rd string (Grimble), and Nix all running pass patterns. Bell was the play-fake who stopped three yards passed the LOS with a defender shadowing him. Brown off the field.

See what happens when the speed stays on the field and the slow scrubs stay on the bench? In other words see what happens when they have to abandon Haley's preferred offensive set, AGAIN? The same goddamn thing that happened on Christmas and Ben saved Haley's ass that game also.
    Crash! How the hell are you buddy? It has been so long since your special brand of one note nonsense has brightened our lives. So happy that you are back!

How is your mom's basement? Did you get that water problem cleared up? Mold and mildew can be a serious hazard. Stay safe, little buddy!

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Oh for crying out loud. Let me guess, Darren sproles will solve the offenses problems

Geno71

Nonsense this. What REALLY gets you guys pissed off is that I'm right.

Believe me, I take no pleasure in seeing Ben's career get destroyed like this. It's a tragedy. A sin. The single most important talent this team has drafted since the 1974 draft class being reduced to playing Trent Dilfer loser football by a fomer college golfer.

The ONLY thing worse than Todd Haley? Are his dimwitted supporters who won't, or can't, admit the truth.

If the Steelers win SB LII? Ben quits.

But if they DO NOT and Haley stays? Ben quits or plays elsewhere.

If they DO NOT and Haley is replaced by Fichtner? Ben plays 2018 in Pittsburgh.

It's getting to the point now, that I can see Ben playing elsewhere just to preserve his own legacy. Play a season or two with a real OC in a real system, play great and retire on HIS terms, with his legacy intact.

I honestly don't know how he (Or Brown) haven't smacked Haley yet. If anything the rest of the team would rally around that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Oh for crying out loud. Let me guess, Darren sproles will solve the offenses problems
    No because he wouldn't play. Just like Conner doesn't play. Plus he's injured.

But you'll be one of the first guys on this forum crying and making excuses for Haley when Bell doesn't finish his FIFTH STRAIGHT SEASON, without getting hurt.

Yeah I'm a real bastard, how dare I want this team to try and preserve Bell's legs and his health.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

The 2 TE thing is not the problem of our offense....

Senior Member Array title="steelcityboyz has a brilliant future"> steelcityboyz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelMayhem72 View Post
    Yes I do agree something is wrong with Ben and it seems to me he is just going through the motions.

If you look at Ben it looks like it's a chore for him to be out there, he's just going thru the motions, like it's not fun for him anymore. I hope whatever is bothering him he shrugs it off and gets that competitive fire back, I saw flashes of that on the last drive yesterday

Geno71

How many picks? How many sacks? YPA doesn't tell you anything.

Christmas game? Nix and David Johnson running pass patterns. Pick.

Christmas game? The Chris Hubbard at tight end formation. Pick.

Buffalo game, Hubbard at tight end formation in the red zone. Pick.

Two tight ends yesterday? Pick.

Nix and James running pass patterns in Detroit? Pick.

Nix has FOUR CAREER TOUCHES in 2 1/2 years. Haley's not fooling anyone with his gimmick rubbish.

I can't find formation splits.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by steelcityboyz View Post
    If you look at Ben it looks like it's a chore for him to be out there, he's just going thru the motions, like it's not fun for him anymore. I hope whatever is bothering him he shrugs it off and gets that competitive fire back, I saw flashes of that on the last drive yesterday
    It's not fun for anyone.

Ben hates Haley.

Brown REALLY hates Haley.

Jesse James ripped Haley after the Jags game.

Ben wanted Haley up in the booth this season, and he's not (He's also ticked at Tomlin for not backing this). Haley according to Inside Pittsburgh Sports has a reputation for not going the extra mile as far as game prep, and, he's notoriously late for meetings.

It's been toxic since Kirby Wilson left. He was the buffer during the 2013 season when Haley was "demoted" after the Bills game. But then he left after 2013.

Don't believe me? Sit behind the bench. Players avoid Haley like he has the measles.

I have more problem with the playcalling of Haley than the formations ....I mean, did you see the 2nd half against the jaguars the other time?

The steelers put their receivers for almost the entire second half and it was a disaster.

The steelers were 26th this year for the yards per play with the "Crash Formation" before the game against the colts ... It's horrible.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

It's been toxic since Kirby Wilson left. He was the buffer during the 2013 season when Haley was "demoted" after the Bills game.
    Since Kirby Wilson left after 2013 it has been so toxic the Steelers made the playoffs for three consecutive seasons for the first time since the mid-90s.

More toxicity!

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Since Kirby Wilson left after 2013 it has been so toxic the Steelers made the playoffs for three consecutive seasons for the first time since the mid-90s.

More toxicity!
    and our running game has been more better!

Geno71

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    I have more problem with the playcalling of Haley than the formations ....I mean, did you see the 2nd half against the jaguars the other time?

The steelers put their receivers for almost the entire second half and it was a disaster.

The steelers were 26th this year for the yards per play with the "Crash Formation" before the game against the colts ... It's horrible.
    When do they run it? To start games? Or when they get down and then run it?

Christmas game they ran that formation for 15 minutes, scored 21 points.

Two weeks later they opened up with it, 14-0.

So five straight drives, 1 TE on all but one play? Five touchdowns.

But since? It's right back to musical chairs Toddy.

And we won't even discuss, removing Bryant from the red zone.

Oh, forgot one, Jags pick #1? Nix, McDonald, James, all running pass patterns. Pick.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    And scored 20 points or less on offense in 9 of 17 games (more than half) in 2014. They've also scored LESS than 20 points, in 5 of 6 playoff games with Haley on the payroll.

Look at you, you defend Haley's rubbish simply because they made the playoffs. LOL

You know what else they did the first three years with Haley on the staff? Failed to win a playoff game.

2012 and 2013 count also.

His hire has been a failure. Period.

When do they run it? To start games? Or when they get down and then run it?

Christmas game they ran that formation for 15 minutes, scored 21 points.

Two weeks later they opened up with it, 14-0.

So five straight drives, 1 TE on all but one play? Five touchdowns.

But since? It's right back to musical chairs Toddy.

And we won't even discuss, removing Bryant from the red zone.

Oh, forgot one, Jags pick #1? Nix, McDonald, James, all running pass patterns. Pick.

It was at the beginning of the 2nd half, when it was 7-6 .... The first drive, it ended with an FG and after it was a disaster

Also last year, the Giants used the crashformation 90% of the time their offense was a disaster, the only reason they finished 11-5 was their defense.

I have a lot of problems with Haley's playcalling, but you can not use the same formation every time, otherwise it would be too easy for the opponents to get prepared.

If you want to talk about real problems, talk about the real problems, but the numbers of formation is not a problem

Geno71

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    It was at the beginning of the 2nd half, when it was 7-6 .... The first drive, it ended with an FG and after it was a disaster
    Yeah a FG drive. That was the red zone drive when Toddy had Nix lined up at running back in the shot gun.

He has as many carries in an NFL game as you do.

Again, more Haley trickery, instead of just using your best talent.

A familiar pattern, especially in the red zone over the years.

I have a lot of problems with Haley's playcalling, but you can not use the same formation every time, otherwise it would be too easy for the opponents to get prepared.

Then why does Ben excel in hurry up? Isn't that the same formation? When Peyton won his last MVP? They ran 941 plays with at least three wides on the field, by far the most in the NFL, and Moreno averaged almost 5 yards a carry out of that formation.

2014 Packers plays with 2+ TE's: 161 of 971 plays.

2014 Steelers. 383 of 1035 plays.

Rodgers won MVP.

Ben didn't get a vote in what people claimed (which was laughable) was his "best season".

Yeah a FG drive. That was the red zone drive when Toddy had Nix lined up at running back in the shot gun.

He has as many carries in an NFL game as you do.

Again, more Haley trickery, instead of just using your best talent.

A familiar pattern, especially in the red zone over the years.

Then why does Ben excel in hurry up? Isn't that the same formation? When Peyton won his last MVP? They ran 941 plays with at least three wides on the field, by far the most in the NFL, and Moreno averaged almost 5 yards a carry out of that formation.

2014 Packers plays with 2+ TE's: 161 of 971 plays.

2014 Steelers. 383 of 1035 plays.

Rodgers won MVP.

Ben didn't get a vote in what people claimed (which was laughable) was his "best season".

Yes, but the broncos did not face a good defense until the super bowl against Seattle and it was a disaster

Same thing for the packers, they had some problems against the great defense in 2014 like the games against Seattle and Buffalo.

This formation does not solve all the problems, far from it.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Dude - same thing as before....R-E-L-A-X.

Throwing out random "facts" and "stats" is not a way to convince anyone of anything.

Most of your "data" fails a basic causation correlation test.

Senior Member Array title="SteelMayhem72 has much to be proud of"> SteelMayhem72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelcityboyz View Post
    And this could come down to him having problems with haley...

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

7-2, Haley is not getting fired. Everyone called for Arians firing and he went on to have success and become head coach, and people in the business say he is offensive genius. There are too many smart coaches in this league to dominate every game all year. They study tape for hours and prepare for opponents. Way to many pieces in the puzzle to blame on one guy. Ben has been more inconsistent, TE's and receivers more drops and our now third best WR has been pouting. As long as we don't lose Ben, LB, or AB possibly JuJu this team will be fine offensively.I agree our red zone offense basically sucks, but look at how may dropped passes and receivers Ben has missed. Besides Patriots fans, everyone else can second guess play calling in every game. No one IMO is coming in and making this offense click. I don't see Ben getting better with a different OC. When Bens gone maybe its time for new blood.We are 7-2!

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Hey crash, do you ever get tired of repeating the same things over and over abvd over again?

Geno71

Hey crash, do you ever get tired of repeating the same things over and over abvd over again?
    You mean constantly repeating how bad Haley's offense is because it sucks ass? Yes I do.

Unfortunately for all of us Art II won't fire him and Mike Tomlin can't.

So we all suffer.

7-2, Haley is not getting fired. Everyone called for Arians firing and he went on to have success and become head coach, and people in the business say he is offensive genius.

All I said in 2011 if Arians were to get fired? Then LeBeau should be fired also. That it was wrong to blame Ben/Arians for LeBeau's 4th quarter defense.

I also said that Haley was LeBeau's WORST NIGHTMARE, because with a Yinzer now as OC? They will finally start blaming LEBEAU, for his 4th quarter garbage.

And that's exactly what happened.

LeBeau's overrated legacy is what started this whole sad sorry situation.

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

You mean constantly repeating how bad Haley's offense is because it sucks ass? Yes I do.

So we all suffer.

[/COLOR]All I said in 2011 if Arians were to get fired? Then LeBeau should be fired also. That it was wrong to blame Ben/Arians for LeBeau's 4th quarter defense.

I also said that Haley was LeBeau's WORST NIGHTMARE, because with a Yinzer now as OC? They will finally start blaming LEBEAU, for his 4th quarter garbage.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep. Get tired saying how much of a joke this offense is. Because it's the truth.

[/COLOR]All I ever said during 2011 was that if Arians were to get fired, that LeBeau should be fired also. That it was wrong to blame Arians/Ben for LeBeau's career long problems in the 4th quarter.

I also said AFTER Haley was hired, that he was LeBeau's worst nightmare. Because now with a Yinzer as OC? LeBeau would finally start getting blamed for his 4th quarter crap.

I cant agree that he was overrated, but I do think its like an aging player or fighter in UFC. They don't know when to hang it up. The years of Landry, Noll and Shula lasting decades on one team are gone. I actually think Haley should go when Ben goes, but now is really bad timing. Ben starting over at his age , I just don't see it. Its too late for him to get a second wind. I do think they need to mix it up though, even at 7-2 there are obvious problems. Let Ben call his own plays all game see what happens. He can go to hurry up whenever he wants.
    Last edited by cubanstogie; 11-13-2017 at 05:03 PM. Reason: mispelling

Geno71

. I actually think Haley should go when Ben goes, but now is really bad timing. Ben starting over at his age , I just don't see it.

No need to start over. Promote Fichtner. Keep the same playbook.

But scrap the needless junk like having 330 pound linemen playing receiver and the infatuation with scrubs like Nix, Grimble, and junk the empty sets.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Game.
    Set.
    Match.

Like on a scale from one to serial killer -- how excited does posting this mental diarrhea on the internet make you?

So we all suffer.

All I said in 2011 if Arians were to get fired? Then LeBeau should be fired also. That it was wrong to blame Ben/Arians for LeBeau's 4th quarter defense.

Geno71

Nice family photo Mojo. How sweet.