Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire Haley!

Senior Member Array title="Master Blaster is on a distinguished road"> Master Blaster's Avatar

Re: Fire Haley!

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    yea great Idea if we had a true pass catching TE option to throw to , same with RB Redman couldn't handle a handoff let alone a pass and by the time LSH entered the game we needed more than dink and dunk
    That one handoff was not all Redman's fault. The handoff was botched and the play was doomed to fail given that they had the wrong personnel for that play.

Dwinsgames

Quote Originally Posted by steeldawg View Post
    you have to do something

we did ... we got our collective asses handed to us ...

at the same time I still say that fumble inside the 5 set the tone for what turned out to be a horrible outing ... if we go up 9-0 that early in the game I think we see a different outcome !

maybe that is just me being a Steelers homer but I have to believe that forces the Titans into a different game plan and also can not help but think they make some big mistakes throwing the football with Locker ...

probably just me but that's what I think / feel

Senior Member Array title="Master Blaster is on a distinguished road"> Master Blaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    we did ... we got our collective asses handed to us ...

at the same time I still say that fumble inside the 5 set the tone for what turned out to be a horrible outing ... if we go up 9-0 that early in the game I think we see a different outcome !

maybe that is just me being a Steelers homer but I have to believe that forces the Titans into a different game plan and also can not help but think they make some big mistakes throwing the football with Locker ...

probably just me but that's what I think / feel
    You have every right to your opinion... Even if the majority disagrees with you.

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post

Sorry, couldn't resist.
    Nope not a bit!!!

Banned Array title="Spike is just really nice">

they are all stealing my stuff now...

Kovacevic: In Todd Steelers trust? Why?

http://triblive.com/sports/dejankova...#axzz2eTnTd29x

--------------

Todd Haley’s Dink-and-Dunk Offense Continues to Depress

http://www.pittsburghmagazine.com/Be...es-to-Depress/

Formerly TheWarden86 Array title="NJarhead has much to be proud of"> NJarhead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spike View Post
    all together now!

Fire Haley!

....the stink of losing never leaves him - I saw Tomlin screaming at him on the sidelines - if the Rooneys have any balls at all they will fire this useless jerk today
    Zippidy Doo Dah. Parcells used to yell and scream at Belichick all the time.

If you were an owner, something tells me you'd probably be Dan Snyder.

Quote Originally Posted by NJarhead View Post
    Zippidy Doo Dah. Parcells used to yell and scream at Belichick all the time.

If you were an owner, something tells me you'd probably be Dan Snyder.

I say Haley will be gone by the end of the month

0-4 should do it

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

I can't pin this one on Haley. Any chance they had offensively went out the window when Pouncey went down. Losing Pouncey crippled us across the line, not only because we lost his talent, but also because he does the line calls, complicated further by taking Beachum out of the 3rd tight end role that obviously was a huge part of the game plan.

Any and all blames goes to whoever made the decision to go into the season without a legitimate back up center. Pouncey is anything but durable, to think that a 2nd year player who's taken all his reps at tackle and as a blocking tight end was a good plan B was sadly mistaken and the Steelers offense as a whole paid the price.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Formerly TheWarden86 Array title="NJarhead has much to be proud of"> NJarhead's Avatar

I say Haley will be gone by the end of the month

0-4 should do it
    If we're 0-4 and it's clear he's to blame, then I might be on board. From where I sit though, the o-line was horrid and he is not coaching them on technique. Also, it's not clear whether or not the personnel issue at the GL was his fault.

Regardless, it's week 1 Brother! I'm cheering for Haley to get it right in week 2 and beyond. I say calling for his head is a bit premature.

I say calling for his head is a bit premature.
    I've been calling for his head since the first day I saw him coach in Pittsburgh - I'm just being consistent.

I've been calling for his head since the first day I saw him coach in Pittsburgh - I'm just being consistent.
    "Consistently premature." haha

Dwinsgames

From where I sit though, the o-line was horrid and he is not coaching them on technique..
    This

The following is a brutally honest and true assessment of the current state of the front office and the coaching staff. I'm sure most fans will agree with the article.

http://triblive.com/sports/dejankova...#axzz2eUMIVx9F

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Master Blaster View Post
    The following is a brutally honest and true assessment of the current state of the front office and the coaching staff. I'm sure most fans will agree with the article.

http://triblive.com/sports/dejankova...#axzz2eUMIVx9F
    Can't argue with any of it. The game plan Haley implemented was flat-out abysmal. Time to go no-huddle and let Ben call the plays on the field.

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

I can complain about a littel of the article, but not much. 1st, personnel grouping are position coach related, all on Kirby for the wrong grouping, BUT call a damn TO , HC, OC, or QB should know damn well you don't run that stupid play with the wrong RBs.

2nd he wrapped with a complaint about Sanders not showing up, I thought Sanders had a good game 7 catches, hardly his fault they were 2 yards a piece.

And yes , time to no huddle after the half was obvious, and the run of 5 LaRods to open the 2nd was mind numbing.
    Merry Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
    I can complain about a littel of the article, but not much. 1st, personnel grouping are position coach related, all on Kirby for the wrong grouping, BUT call a damn TO , HC, OC, or QB should know damn well you don't run that stupid play with the wrong RBs.

2nd he wrapped with a complaint about Sanders not showing up, I thought Sanders had a good game 7 catches, hardly his fault they were 2 yards a piece.

And yes , time to no huddle after the half was obvious, and the run of 5 LaRods to open the 2nd was mind numbing.
    Boom.

Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post

Indeed Kirby played a role in the botched personnel group, but it is also incumbent upon Haley, the OC, to read and recognize the problem and then call a TO. As you stated, Tomlin, Ben, Haley, he'll, even the equipment manager should have called a time out, especially knowing they still had three left.

As for the receivers, they were getting manhandled by that Titans' very physical DB's.

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

Whenever you lose your starting center it is a big deal and, especially when he is the best linemen you have. Can't blame Todd for all of the offensive issues from Sunday's game. I'm willing to let a few games pass by before I say Haley needs to go. Somehow the o-line has to play better and, it gets tough this week against the Bengals. Ben better have his running shoes on! Not to mention dropped passes, fumbles, again poor performance by the offense. We really miss Heath and, as much as I would like to have him back please don't rush him back. Besides who is available to be the new OC if things don't work out?

Dwinsgames

Quote Originally Posted by steel striker View Post
    Whenever you lose your starting center it is a big deal and, especially when he is the best linemen you have. Can't blame Todd for all of the offensive issues from Sunday's game. I'm willing to let a few games pass by before I say Haley needs to go. Somehow the o-line has to play better and, it gets tough this week against the Bengals. Ben better have his running shoes on! Not to mention dropped passes, fumbles, again poor performance by the offense. We really miss Heath and, as much as I would like to have him back please don't rush him back. Besides who is available to be the new OC if things don't work out?
    probably the man they where looking to give the job to before the house Fire ( and the guy responsible for the wrong personnel being on the field ) Kirby Wilson .... so be careful people in what you wish for

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

Quote Originally Posted by steel striker View Post
    Besides who is available to be the new OC if things don't work out?
    Bruce Arians if this year doesn't work out for him !! LMAO ( sorry, had to say it ! LOL )

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

"A man's got to know his limitations."

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

I forgot about this thread. Funny how it was started by another banned member. I forgot about Spike.

Banned Array title="SteelersProfessor is an unknown quantity at this point">

Seems to me that Spike was on the mark! He should be reinstated.

Banned Array title="SteelersProfessor is an unknown quantity at this point">

This thread is gold, thanks for bumping it.

And what's the discussion about? That fumbled red zone snap when the wrong people were on the field.

The ORIGINAL play call was to have Redman and Felix Jones on the field together, another tricky formation by that master of offense Todd Haley. But he had the wrong people on the field and it was botched.

You see that happens when you're in a bar 11 hours before kickoff and not had the proper time to sleep it off.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post

Did you really have to????

- - - Updated - - -

Thread died 2 1/2 years ago.

- - - Updated - - -

.....only to be resurrected to feed a troll.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

We should bring back the Whiz. He was our best OC in the last 20 years.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    We should bring back the Whiz. He was our best OC in the last 20 years.
    if it wasn't for that meddling Art II owner of ours we could have hired Gary Kubiak and we'd still be playing...

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Time to resurrect this thread.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Steel View Post
    Time to resurrect this thread.
    Crash, is this you?