Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Wallace

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Mike Wallace

Quote Originally Posted by steeldawg View Post
    little to no impact in the last 25 games 1300yds and 11 tds is little to no impact?
    For one season that amounts to 832 yards and 7 TDs, pedestrian and not even close to being worth $60 million. That doesn't even factor in how he QUIT ON THE TEAM and was a locker room cancer, I can't see how anyone could be defending him. Forget stats, he is a BAD TEAMMATE who has no problem quitting on his team if he doesn't get his way

Smashmouth Posting Array title="Seven has much to be proud of"> Seven's Avatar

Good luck, that's ok he has 15 games left.
    If his current production continues that'll put him at 240 yards for the season! Haha jk. I PM'd XT to make sure we're not breaking the COC or anything. If he misses 3 games or more due to injury we'll waive the bet but if he is benched or suspended the wager stays, is that fair?
    "If you are holding on to something that you no longer need to hold on to, I encourage you to let go." - Rashard Mendenhall

Senior Member Array title="steeldawg is a jewel in the rough">

Quote Originally Posted by Seven View Post
    If his current production continues that'll put him at 240 yards for the season! Haha jk. I PM'd XT to make sure we're not breaking the COC or anything. If he misses 3 games or more due to injury we'll waive the bet but if he is benched or suspended the wager stays, is that fair?
    Ya that sounds fair 3 games is reasonable, I will be mad if he has 899 and has to miss the last 3 with a hammy.

Ya that sounds fair 3 games is reasonable, I will be mad if he has 899 and has to miss the last 3 with a hammy.
    Hahaha yeah that would suck. Cool. Should be fun to follow this season.
    "If you are holding on to something that you no longer need to hold on to, I encourage you to let go." - Rashard Mendenhall

Dwinsgames

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    For one season that amounts to 832 yards and 7 TDs, pedestrian and not even close to being worth $60 million. That doesn't even factor in how he QUIT ON THE TEAM and was a locker room cancer, I can't see how anyone could be defending him. Forget stats, he is a BAD TEAMMATE who has no problem quitting on his team if he doesn't get his way

those numbers are LOWER than T.O. final season in the NFL and he could not find a job the next year ... so Wallace is really lucky to get 60 mil

11 starts 72 catches 983 yards and 9 TDs in 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    those numbers are LOWER than T.O. final season in the NFL and he could not find a job the next year ... so Wallace is really lucky to get 60 mil

11 starts 72 catches 983 yards and 9 TDs in 2010
    Oh come on T.O. was 37 years old that's why he couldn't find a job. Wallace is not lucky, You cant say larry fitzgerlad is worth 128 million and Antonio brown is worth 40 million but Wallace isn't worth 60 million. His production put him in that category and that's the price tage the market dictates. They didn't give him a contract based on one season its based on his body of work.

Dwinsgames

Oh come on T.O. was 37 years old that's why he couldn't find a job. Wallace is not lucky, You cant say larry fitzgerlad is worth 128 million and Antonio brown is worth 40 million but Wallace isn't worth 60 million. His production put him in that category and that's the price tage the market dictates. They didn't give him a contract based on one season its based on his body of work.

a more productive 37 year old ( the one thing in your twisted equation you forgot to mention ) ....

but as usual you turn every discussion into a what came first the chicken or the egg argument
    Last edited by Dwinsgames; 09-14-2013 at 02:02 PM.

a more productive 37 year old ( the one thing in your twisted equation you forgot to mention ) ....

but as usual you turn every discussion into a what came first the chicken or the egg argument
    Your not going to give a 37 year old receiver a long term contract that's just silly. Its not like they paid Wallace 60 million dollars guaranteed based on last season. If you want to compare the production in regards to his contract you have to compare T.O.'s first 4 years against wallaces first 4 years. Besides T.O. Is gonna go down as one of the top receivers of all time. And his season was better than brown 40 million and fitz 128 million which is why the case for wallaces contract being based off of one season is just silly. How did I make what this a what came first a chicken or the egg argument? You blindly dismiss Wallace's body of work and cherry pick your stats, Wallace in what you consider a bad year had 8 td's the guy we gave 40 million too has 7 career tds 60 million is plenty justified not to mention the way he changes defenses and makes the whole offense better.

After today Wallace has 130 yards over two games

Dwinsgames

After today Wallace has 130 yards over two games

on pace for 1040 yards and 8 TDs

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

He looked like Paul Warfeld out there today, especially in the white uniform.
    All Defense!

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Yeah...he sucks. Lol.

you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Congratulations Wallace on your THIRD 100 yard game in 27 games

Renegade. Array title="bayz101 has a reputation beyond repute"> bayz101's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Congratulations Wallace on your THIRD 100 yard game in 27 games
    Hell, I though Charles Clay looked better. Watching the game I could tell Wallace's route running wasn't any better, either.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bayz101 View Post
    Hell, I though Charles Clay looked better. Watching the game I could tell Wallace's route running wasn't any better, either.
    Who the hell watches the Dolphins, anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by bayz101 View Post
    lol he had 9 catches, he was killing Indy's corner that double move he put on him to get open deep was nasty and the ball was just under thrown or it would of been 2 TD's for Wallace instead he got tackled on the 1 yard line. Ya sure Charles clay looked better , charels clay got most of his yards yesterday on one 67 yard play where nobody covered him, his td was a one yard handoff set up by a pass to Wallace to the 1 yard line. Get out here with that charles clay stuff! They don't even play the same position! Wallace ran very good routes 9 catches 11 targets pretty damn good, you might watch the game but you don't have any idea what your looking at.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    well I live in west palm beach so I keep up on the local teams.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Marc Anthony, Gloria Estefan, Jimmy Buffet, Venus, Serena, Fergie and Steeldawg...

Formerly TheWarden86 Array title="NJarhead has much to be proud of"> NJarhead's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="XxKnightxX has a spectacular aura about"> XxKnightxX's Avatar

I think whats more impressive about the Dolphins isnt Wallace, but that Defense. We are in for a long day in December if we dont improve with our protection and efficiency by then.

Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    I think whats more impressive about the Dolphins isnt Wallace, but that Defense. We are in for a long day in December if we dont improve with our protection and efficiency by then.
    Absolutely its a young aggressive defense I like grimes a lot and their D line. The defense was good for them last year as well but the offense wasn't as efficient and put them in a lot of bad spots, this year they really do have a nice balance.

Wallace has 152 yards through three games.

Senior Member Array title="XxKnightxX has a spectacular aura about"> XxKnightxX's Avatar

Yet theyre 3-0 and were 0-3. So what does it matter.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Mexicans. You wouldn't believe how popular the Dolphins are in Latin America, for whatever reason. Same with the Cowboys, which I also don't quite understand.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

All I have to say is that after three games, looking at his numbers, I'm glad we're not paying for that.

2 receptions for 22 yards, longest play 12 yards
    9 for 115 and a TD, longest play 34 yards
    1 reception for 15 yards. Longest play 15 yards.

Compare that to Antonio Brown:

9 receptions for 196 yards and 2 TDs Longest play 45 yards
    6 receptions for 57 yards Longest play 18 yards
    5 receptions for 71 yards Longest play 22 yards.

All of that for a 3.1 million dollar cap hit, a tad under the 3.25 million dollar cap hit for Wallace.
    Next year, the cap is outrages for wallace. (17.25 Million). Brown's is 8.4 Million.

Personally, I wouldn't have minded Wallace coming back. After seeing these numbers, I'm glad he's gone.

Renegade. Array title="bayz101 has a reputation beyond repute"> bayz101's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    All I have to say is that after three games, looking at his numbers, I'm glad we're not paying for that.

2 receptions for 22 yards, longest play 12 yards
    9 for 115 and a TD, longest play 34 yards
    1 reception for 15 yards. Longest play 15 yards.

Compare that to Antonio Brown:

9 receptions for 196 yards and 2 TDs Longest play 45 yards
    6 receptions for 57 yards Longest play 18 yards
    5 receptions for 71 yards Longest play 22 yards.

All of that for a 3.1 million dollar cap hit, a tad under the 3.25 million dollar cap hit for Wallace.
    Next year, the cap is outrages for wallace. (17.25 Million). Brown's is 8.4 Million.

Personally, I wouldn't have minded Wallace coming back. After seeing these numbers, I'm glad he's gone.
    Looks like the receiver who supposedly can't be the #1 guy is set to blow Wallace's numbers out of the water this year.

Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    Yet theyre 3-0 and were 0-3. So what does it matter.
    We're keeping track for a wager.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

We're keeping track for a wager.
    3 catches, 24 yards.

3 catches, 24 yards.
    Thanks FS, I was actually just about to check out how he did tonight. Did not get a chance to watch the game unfortunately. So that puts us at 176 yards thru week 4.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

3 catches, 24 yards.
    Remember, he wasn't brought to South Beach to jump for the ball.

Antonio Brown: 32 catches for 412 yards and 2 touchdowns.
    Mike Wallace: 15 catches for 176 yards and 1 touchdown.

Waiting for someone to defend him.