Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Wallace

Dwinsgames

Re: Mike Wallace

Quote Originally Posted by steeldawg View Post
    Im sure Wallace is not going to call his qb out.

you would know better than Mike

Senior Member Array title="steeldawg is a jewel in the rough">

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you would know better than Mike
    Of course he is going to take the blame, you think he is really gonna come out and say tannehill needs to be more accurate and our o-line needs to block better? No but if you watched the game you see in his body language he was upset at some of the throws that came his way. Just like when ben tells us everything is great with haley and he likes the offense, I think we all know that is BS, in fact on the field sunday I saw ben yelling at howlings after a drop something you rarely see him do.

Dwinsgames

Steeldawg looking into his crystal ball and having all the answers to everything NFL

Senior Member Array title="Nadroj 20 is just really nice"> Nadroj 20's Avatar

Mike may have opened Hartline up some, but Hartline had 74 rec and over 1,000 yards last year without anyone to free him up. Tannehill has a good connection with Hartline. Once teams have to start accouting for both guys, Wallace will have his games, but I still think Hartline will put up better numbers because of Tannehills comfort level with him.
    "Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose"
    ~Rest In Peace HometownGal~

Quote Originally Posted by Nadroj 20 View Post
    Mike may have opened Hartline up some, but Hartline had 74 rec and over 1,000 yards last year without anyone to free him up. Tannehill has a good connection with Hartline. Once teams have to start accouting for both guys, Wallace will have his games, but I still think Hartline will put up better numbers because of Tannehills comfort level with him.
    Ya but hartline was the only option last season, Gibson had 7 for 77 and I think clay had 5 catches. Look at hartlines targets last season 128.

Senior Member Array title="Nadroj 20 is just really nice"> Nadroj 20's Avatar

Ya but hartline was the only option last season, Gibson had 7 for 77 and I think clay had 5 catches. Look at hartlines targets last season 128.
    Sometimes being the only option is a bad thing and he still did well. Don't get me wrong, Hartline putting up better numbers then Wallace will probably be a direct result of Wallace being there.

If that makes sense.
    "Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose"
    ~Rest In Peace HometownGal~

Dwinsgames

Wallace had similar target numbers last year too , less yards and less catches ....

Quote Originally Posted by Nadroj 20 View Post
    Sometimes being the only option is a bad thing and he still did well. Don't get me wrong, Hartline putting up better numbers then Wallace will probably be a direct result of Wallace being there.

If that makes sense.
    Well he did well as far as catches and yards but he only had 1 td and dolphin receivers only caught a combined 3 tds last season. Week 1 they have 1 td catch by a wide receiver already, I think hartline will have a more efficient year with Wallace there Gibson also.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    Wallace had similar target numbers last year too , less yards and less catches ....
    And the two years prior he had less targets more yards a lot more tds better average yards per catch so whats your point? Also last season was abnormal for hartline if you look at his other seasons. I mean jeeze Wallace had over 700 yards and 6 tds in just 72 targets his rookie year.

Dwinsgames

Miami Dolphins wide receiver Mike Wallace might not have been thrilled with his production in Week 1, but it won't change how quarterback Ryan Tannehill distributes the ball."I'm going to play the quarterback position the way coaches install the plays; I'm going to go through the reads just like they install it," Tannehill said Wednesday, per the Palm Beach Post. "We're going to try to get him the ball when he's in the play, but we're not going to force him the ball."
    Wallace had only one catch for 15 yards in a Week 1 victory over the Cleveland Browns. Tannehill targeted Wallace just five times, including two deep shots in which the two couldn't connect.

Renegade. Array title="bayz101 has a reputation beyond repute"> bayz101's Avatar

STOP MAKING FUN OF ME!

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, I watched the entire game. Wallace was open deep on one occasion but it took him too long to get there. QB went elsewhere. Wallace had his fair share of fuck ups, too, and I don't care HOW bad your luck is, you need to make shit happen for $60 Million.

Quote Originally Posted by bayz101 View Post

STOP MAKING FUN OF ME!

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, I watched the entire game. Wallace was open deep on one occasion but it took him too long to get there. QB went elsewhere. Wallace had his fair share of fuck ups, too, and I don't care HOW bad your luck is, you need to make shit happen for $60 Million.
    He was over thrown twice in that game and he was open deep both times, and what you said makes no sense how could he be open deep but take to long to get there? he took to long to get where? deep? but you just said he was open and tannehill checked it down? If a guy gets open deep you throw him the ball what else would you be waiting for? By the way if you watched the game you could see tannehill was under pressure all day long because their o-line was awful and they where playing a cloud defense on Wallace. Going forward teams aren't going to be able to do this consistently if hartline is going to catch 9 and Gibson is going to catch 7 against single coverage.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

He was over thrown twice in that game and he was open deep both times, and what you said makes no sense how could he be open deep but take to long to get there? he took to long to get where? deep? but you just said he was open and tannehill checked it down? If a guy gets open deep you throw him the ball what else would you be waiting for? By the way if you watched the game you could see tannehill was under pressure all day long because their o-line was awful and they where playing a cloud defense on Wallace. Going forward teams aren't going to be able to do this consistently if hartline is going to catch 9 and Gibson is going to catch 7 against single coverage.
    You are continuing to make excuses for Wallace. It would be so much easier to admit that Wallace just had another unproductive game, (the type of games he has been having regularly since October 2011). Besides there is no guarantee that Wallace would have caught those passes if they were delivered to him on target considering that his hands are unreliable

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    You are continuing to make excuses for Wallace. It would be so much easier to admit that Wallace just had another unproductive game, (the type of games he has been having regularly since October 2011). Besides there is no guarantee that Wallace would have caught those passes if they were delivered to him on target considering that his hands are unreliable
    Oh so I just look at over throws as Wallace being unproductive instead of he did his job getting open for two tds but the quarterback missed him. By your logic why even throw him any passes because hes not going to catch them anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Wallace has 236 catches 4057 yards averages 17.2 a catch 32tds a pro bowl selection and super bowl appearance all in 4 seasons, saying hes been playing that since 2011 is ridiculous and so is the assertion that he cant catch.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Wallace has 236 catches 4057 yards averages 17.2 a catch 32tds a pro bowl selection and super bowl appearance all in 4 seasons, saying hes been playing that since 2011 is ridiculous and so is the assertion that he cant catch.
    Yeah, he's another Fred Biletnikoff, all right...

Smashmouth Posting Array title="Seven has much to be proud of"> Seven's Avatar

Wallace is never going to put up the kind of numbers his supporters project in Miami. Tannehill is too much of a prototype. By the time Wallace gets deep the ball has already gone somewhere else. Unless the play is a scripted shot with Wallace as the first read and good protection he's not going to see the same big plays he saw with Ben as his quarterback. That said, as long as they take a few shots a game with him he should work as a decoy in that offense. But make no mistake, Brian Hartline is the number one guy down there and far the superior player to Mike Wallace.
    "If you are holding on to something that you no longer need to hold on to, I encourage you to let go." - Rashard Mendenhall

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

He was productive for 2 and a half seasons, but in his final year and a half in Pittsburgh, he made little to no impact. No 100 yard games in the final 10 games of the 2011 season including the playoff loss. Only 2 100 yard games in 2012 when he quit on the team. In his final 25 games as a steeler, he had 2 100 yard games and 11 TDs, very productive, not to mention countless drops, a crucial fumble in the 13-10 loss to Baltimore, and an awful attitude in 2012.

little to no impact in the last 25 games 1300yds and 11 tds is little to no impact? just to put into perspective Brown and sanders have 12 career tds combined and 3 100 yard games and that's for their career! Your complaining because Wallace only had 2 100yd games and 11 tds in 25 games. A guy like hartline 7 career tds 4 100 yd games and that's including this season. Wallace career 32 tds 14 100 yd games.

little to no impact in the last 25 games 1300yds and 11 tds is little to no impact? just to put into perspective Brown and sanders have 12 career tds combined and 3 100 yard games and that's for their career! Your complaining because Wallace only had 2 100yd games and 11 tds in 25 games. A guy like hartline 7 career tds 4 100 yd games and that's including this season. Wallace career 32 tds 14 100 yd games.
    So let me get this straight. 50 yards per game and .40 touchdowns per game is worth $60 million?
    "If you are holding on to something that you no longer need to hold on to, I encourage you to let go." - Rashard Mendenhall

Quote Originally Posted by Seven View Post
    So let me get this straight. 50 yards per game and .40 touchdowns per game is worth $60 million?
    no 4000yds 32 tds 17 ypc prow bowl is worth 60 million. Teams are going to look at his production as a whole.

no 4000yds 32 tds 17 ypc prow bowl is worth 60 million.
    So let me get this straight. 60 yards per game and .50 touchdowns per game is worth $60 million?

So let me get this straight. 60 yards per game and .50 touchdowns per game is worth $60 million?
    1000ds 8 tds 17yds per catch per season is worth that contract yes. to give a little more perspective fitzgerald averages just over 1000 and just under 8 tds per season.calvin Johnson averages around 1200 and 9 tds per season. Both of those guys make more than Wallace, and shoot brown gets 40 million and he averages a little more than 500yds per season and under 2 tds.

1000ds 8 tds 17yds per catch per season is worth that contract yes. to give a little more perspective fitzgerald averages just over 1000 and just under 8 tds per season.calvin Johnson averages around 1200 and 9 tds per season. Both of those guys make more than Wallace, and shoot brown gets 40 million and he averages a little more than 500yds per season and under 2 tds.
    How about you don't pull numbers out of your ass. Using real numbers, let's "put it in perspective." Larry Fitzgerald averages 74 yards per game compared to Wallace's 60. He averages 1157 yards per season compared to Wallace's 1009. You're telling me 148 yards a season and 14 yards a game isn't a significant difference? Yeah right. And consider that Wallace has had Ben Roethlisberger behind center his entire career where Fitzgerald has dealt with guys like Kevin Kolb, Matt Leinart, Derek Anderson for the vast majority of his starts. And Calvin Johnson? Johnson averages 1306 yards per season. A full 300 yards more than Wallace. Are you kidding me? Mike Wallace doesn't belong in the same sentence as Larry Fitzgerald or Calvin Johnson. They've been doing it better for longer without acting like babies as Wallace has for two seasons now. It's not even remotely close. He isn't even the best receiver on the Dolphins.

How about you don't pull numbers out of your ass. Using real numbers, let's "put it in perspective." Larry Fitzgerald averages 74 yards per game compared to Wallace's 60. He averages 1157 yards per season compared to Wallace's 1009. You're telling me 148 yards a season and 14 yards a game isn't a significant difference? Yeah right. And consider that Wallace has had Ben Roethlisberger behind center his entire career where Fitzgerald has dealt with guys like Kevin Kolb, Matt Leinart, Derek Anderson for the vast majority of his starts. And Calvin Johnson? Johnson averages 1306 yards per season. A full 300 yards more than Wallace. Are you kidding me? Mike Wallace doesn't belong in the same sentence as Larry Fitzgerald or Calvin Johnson. They've been doing it better for longer without acting like babies as Wallace has for two seasons now. It's not even remotely close. He isn't even the best receiver on the Dolphins.
    Omg 300 yds more a season that's certainly worth an additional 60+ million. Your argument is that fitz is worth 128 million because he averages an extra 148 yards per season? An kurt warner was there for half of his career, but also isn't the argument if your going to get paid that money then you have to produce? Wallace gets paid less than half of fitz and Johnson 300 yds per season doesn't justify 60+ million. Also Johnson is on a team that throws the ball an awful lot. And fitz also had a big time number 2 receiver in anquan boldin. LOL you add 14 yards per game is sooo significant but you scoff at the idea that 60 yards per game could be worth 60 million, but 74 is worth 128 million.

How many receiving yards do you predict Wallace will obtain for the Dolphins this season?

How many receiving yards do you predict Wallace will obtain for the Dolphins this season?
    I think he gets 1000yds

I think he gets 1000yds
    I'll wager a $50 donation to SU he doesn't see 900. You in?

I'll wager a $50 donation to SU he doesn't see 900. You in?
    Ya i'll take that

Ya i'll take that
    Alright, cool. Now this debate has some meaning behind it that will benefit the site. Over 900 receiving yards in the regular season I'll make a $50 donation to SU in your name, under you make the same in mine (as long as there isn't some rule against donation wagers I'm unaware of here). I'll subscribe to this thread and resurrect it after week 17. Good luck. Thus far, Wallace has 1 reception for 15 yards

Alright, cool. Now this debate has some meaning behind it that will benefit the site. Over 900 receiving yards in the regular season I'll make a $50 donation to SU in your name, under you make the same in mine (as long as there isn't some rule against donation wagers I'm unaware of here). I'll subscribe to this thread and resurrect it after week 17. Good luck. Thus far, Wallace has 1 reception for 15 yards
    Good luck, that's ok he has 15 games left.