Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Mike Wallace

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Mike Wallace

Quote Originally Posted by Seven View Post
    Yeah, he'll probably get it. But the fact that the wager was set at 900 yards, and it's going to be close, tells you all you need to know about the caliber of player Wallace is. For someone making that kind of money, touted as such a prolific weapon, even if he gets to 900, I still feel completely vindicated.
    17 players have already passed the 900 yard mark. Brown passed the 900 yard mark in game 10

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

2 catches, 19 yards. 56 for 743 on the season.

And he was on the winning team. Disgusting.

I think today proved that Brown is a better receiver than Wallace. Brown's 43 yard TD and even the should be TD where he stepped out of bounds proved that the Steelers have not lost all of their speed, a popular talking point among some

Renegade. Array title="bayz101 has a reputation beyond repute"> bayz101's Avatar

Mike Wallace is the NFL's 33rd best wide-receiver and is not even the best wide-receiver on his team. Antonio Brown is the NFL's 3rd best wide-receiver and is 17 yards and four touchdowns away from doing more than Mike Wallace EVER did in a Steelers uniform.

Antonio Brown is the better player, and teams WILL fear him more than Mike Wallace.

Smashmouth Posting Array title="Seven has much to be proud of"> Seven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bayz101 View Post
    Mike Wallace is the NFL's 33rd best wide-receiver and is not even the best wide-receiver on his team. Antonio Brown is the NFL's 3rd best wide-receiver and is 17 yards and four touchdowns away from doing more than Mike Wallace EVER did in a Steelers uniform.

Antonio Brown is the better player, and teams WILL fear him more than Mike Wallace.
    Teams already do fear him more than Mike Wallace. Wallace sucks. 2 for 19 against your former team? Wallace is a loser.
    "If you are holding on to something that you no longer need to hold on to, I encourage you to let go." - Rashard Mendenhall

Teams already do fear him more than Mike Wallace. Wallace sucks. 2 for 19 against your former team? Wallace is a loser.
    Against a crap defense no less that allowed big games against some of Miami's other crappy players

Senior Member Array title="BnG_Hevn has much to be proud of"> BnG_Hevn's Avatar
    Battleball Champion!

Wallace did open up other WRs though, you have to admit that. Not saying he is worth the money paid, but if the Dolphins win and he DOES attract attention, the team winning is all that matters.

Would you rather have a $60 million WR on a winning team that does little or a $5million WR on a losing team who does a lot?

Winning is all that matters.
    “They say all marriages are made in heaven, but so are thunder and lightning.”
    ― Clint Eastwood

Quote Originally Posted by BnG_Hevn View Post
    Wallace did open up other WRs though, you have to admit that. Not saying he is worth the money paid, but if the Dolphins win and he DOES attract attention, the team winning is all that matters.

Would you rather have a $60 million WR on a winning team that does little or a $5million WR on a losing team who does a lot?

Winning is all that matters, but this thread is about discussing whether or not Wallace the individual is worth $60 million, which he has proven so far, he hasn't been

Quote Originally Posted by BnG_Hevn View Post

I actually do buy that he opens up a lot of the field.

But a couple things about that.

1. It, on its own, isn't worth $60 million.

2. Unless Wallace becomes the threat he once was, that effect will quickly vanish. Another season of this, two seasons? No one will be legitimately afraid of him. So while it might help now, it won't for long.
    "If you are holding on to something that you no longer need to hold on to, I encourage you to let go." - Rashard Mendenhall

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

6 for 105, 64 for 867. Looks like steeldawg will win the bet, but just barely.

Although, the games do have to be played. We shall see.

Senior Member Array title="BnG_Hevn has much to be proud of"> BnG_Hevn's Avatar
    Battleball Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Winning is all that matters, but this thread is about discussing whether or not Wallace the individual is worth $60 million, which he has proven so far, he hasn't been
    I was looking at it from a fans point of view. IF the team is winning, I couldn't care less how much the guy is being paid.
    “They say all marriages are made in heaven, but so are thunder and lightning.”
    ― Clint Eastwood

Dwinsgames

Quote Originally Posted by Count Steeler View Post
    6 for 105, 64 for 867. Looks like steeldawg will win the bet, but just barely.

Although, the games do have to be played. We shall see.
    he COULD end up like he did with us last year not active the final week of the season too ... probably won't happen , but ya just never know LOL

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    he COULD end up like he did with us last year not active the final week of the season too ... probably won't happen , but ya just never know LOL
    Yeah, he could curl up and quit like a little bitch again, 'tis true...

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

Well it looks like he barely cracked 900.

4 for 38 and 0 TD in yesterday's game.

68 for 905 for the season.

Too bad when talking about and trying to justify a $60,000,000 paycheck for a receiver we had to set the bar low @ 900 yards.
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

Why don't you guys parlay on whether he will hit 1000?

Steeldawg may have won the bet but the Steelers won on this move.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

That's an excellent idea!
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Wallace is probably thinking of his condo on the beach right now where it is 80* and sunny.
    All Defense!

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

"I'm a great player, I know that. It's all that really matters. ... Let's call a spade a spade," he said.
    Miami Dolphins' Mike Wallace: 'I'm a great player'

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post

"With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Congrats, Steeldawg.

I will make the donation following the holidays. It might be in two installments, but a contribution of $50 total will make its way into the SU coffers for the new year.

It was a close wager. And even in losing, I feel pretty vindicated that my evaluation of Wallace is closer to the truth than yours. But congratulations, non-the-less. He made the goal.

Mike Wallace: 905 yards with one game yet to play.

Somehow, I don't think Steeldawg would agree to this.

Senior Member Array title="Nadroj 20 is just really nice"> Nadroj 20's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nadroj 20 View Post
    Mike may have opened Hartline up some, but Hartline had 74 rec and over 1,000 yards last year without anyone to free him up. Tannehill has a good connection with Hartline. Once teams have to start accouting for both guys, Wallace will have his games, but I still think Hartline will put up better numbers because of Tannehills comfort level with him.
    Hartline: 74 rec. 978 yards and 4 td
    Wallace: 68 rec. 905 yards and 4 td

Yet one of them gets paid too much. Oh and Wallace had one more target then Hartline.
    "Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose"
    ~Rest In Peace HometownGal~

Dwinsgames

Congrats, Steeldawg.

I will make the donation following the holidays. It might be in two installments, but a contribution of $50 total will make its way into the SU coffers for the new year.

It was a close wager. And even in losing, I feel pretty vindicated that my evaluation of Wallace is closer to the truth than yours. But congratulations, non-the-less. He made the goal.

Mike Wallace: 905 yards with one game yet to play.

hold your horses ....

what if he makes a catch at the LOS reverses his field and is tackled for a loss of 7 and never sees the ball again ? then he would be at 898 for the year and you would win the bet LOL ( it is possible , unlikely but possible )

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    hold your horses ....

what if he makes a catch at the LOS reverses his field and is tackled for a loss of 7 and never sees the ball again ? then he would be at 898 for the year and you would win the bet LOL ( it is possible , unlikely but possible )
    Maybe if he was still with the Steelers and our affinity to the bubble screen. Not sure if Miami has the same proclivity.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Wallace 5-25-1 td. Season yardage total of 930, and the Fish miss the playoffs. Well done Dolphins!
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

That's how you be great!

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

If they wanted him to hit the 1k mark, they should have paid him more. The giving a shit/jumping/reaching out for the ball option is not included at the $60,000,000 price point.
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    Wallace 5-25-1 td. Season yardage total of 930, and the Fish miss the playoffs. Well done Dolphins!
    Man. Losing by 30 yards stings, I'll admit. I really didn't think he'd break 900. Maybe he's a little better than I thought?

Nah.

Man. Losing by 30 yards stings, I'll admit. I really didn't think he'd break 900. Maybe he's a little better than I thought?

Nah.

I think your point was made in spades. He was a dissapointment by any definition of the word.
    "I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play"

-- Jack Lambert --

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

UP!

- - - Updated - - -

The Dolphins was 26th in offense last year....Not a huge impact for Wallace!