Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big Ben or Troy P whos more important to team

Senior Member Array title="Carolina Steelers has a spectacular aura about"> Carolina Steelers's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1

Big Ben or Troy P whos more important to team

Big Ben had a great yr last yr over 4,000 yds passing, 2 WR over 1,000 yds and a RB over 1,000 yds. And still no playoffs. Troy is the QB of the defense when he's not playing we give up an extra TD per game. With Troy healthy and Ben sidelined at least for 4 gms I like our chances of at least going .500 or maybe 1 game above. I think our defense will get back on track this yr with Troy and McFadden back at CB

SteelerSal
    I'd have to go with Troy.

Senior Member Array title="SteelerEmpire has a spectacular aura about"> SteelerEmpire's Avatar

Ben can have an outstanding year like he did last season and if Troy would have played we make the playoffs. If Ben has an outstanding season (like last year) and Troy DOES NOT play... we miss the playoffs.

Troy's more important.

Formerly Big7BenHOF Array title="ChosenOne is an unknown quantity at this point">

Troy Polamalu.
    "Steeler football is 60 minutes. It's never going to be pretty. Throw style points out the window, but these guys will fight to the end." - Mike Tomlin

Senior Member Array title="Nadroj 20 is just really nice"> Nadroj 20's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerEmpire View Post
    Ben can have an outstanding year like he did last season and if Troy would have played we make the playoffs. If Ben has an outstanding season (like last year) and Troy DOES NOT play... we miss the playoffs.

Troy's more important.
    This....i agree completely
    "Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose"
    ~Rest In Peace HometownGal~

AKA Bullet Tooth Tony Array title="tony hipchest will become famous soon enough">

if this is a difficult question for anyone to answer just ask yourself this question...

who would you rather be without for the 1st 6 games for next season, ben or troy?

would you bench troy if it meant rescinding bens suspension?

i think the majority answer would be "no".

AKA Bullet Tooth Tony Array title="tony hipchest will become famous soon enough">

ben is one of the best QB's in the league.

troy is one of the best players in the league (all positions) and perhaps the best athelete.

Senior Member Array title="Godfather has a brilliant future">

My first instinct was to say Ben based on the record between him and Bradshaw, a time period when we had a lot of great defensive backs.

But as others have pointed out above, Ben had a record-breaking year and we missed the playoffs because we didn't have Troy. Whereas a mediocre quarterback can win a Super Bowl (Brad Johnson, Trent Dilfer, Eli Manning--it just hasn't happened for us).

Fourth String Quarterback Array title="xX-TSK-Xx "> xX-TSK-Xx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
    if this is a difficult question for anyone to answer just ask yourself this question...

who would you rather be without for the 1st 6 games for next season, ben or troy?

would you bench troy if it meant rescinding bens suspension?

i think the majority answer would be "no".
    True. I think without Ben we are able to atleast stay afloat but man a Troy-less secondary last season just sucked. Putting up 99 points is worthless when you give up 100.

Senior Member Array title="Godfather has a brilliant future">

Hey!! I have more posts than Hipcheese!!

Quest For 7 Array title="steelpride12 is a splendid one to behold"> steelpride12's Avatar

Well speaking the Steelers are a defense based team I think Troy is more important. We all know if he was not injured a lot of last season our secondary would have not been a sore thumb and we would have made the playoffs, where Ben had a mediocre season and a 4,000 yard one and we missed it.
    Missing you every day, thinking about the memories every moment, loving you every second Mom ♥ R.I.P. 1951-2011

"When you go out on the field and you're intense for 60 minutes, some guys don't want to do it. When I line up across from him, he has to do one of two things, he has to raise his level of play, or he's going to get his *** kicked all day"

- Greg Lloyd

Senior Member Array title="SteelerEmpire has a spectacular aura about"> SteelerEmpire's Avatar

In addition... we've won every game in which Lefty has played in place of Ben when Troy was also playing... if I'm not mistaken...

Black & Gold Metal Array title="SteelGhost is on a distinguished road"> SteelGhost's Avatar

Both

Seriously guys, IMHO we need them both to go in the playoffs AND win

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by SteelGhost View Post
    Both

To win a super bowl, the position of QB is the most important, but Polamalu is very important to the steelers.

Rod Woodson did not win a super bowl with the steelers since the team had no QB.

It's rare that a team wins a super bowl with Trent Dilfer.

I say that without Polamalu and Roethlisberger, the Steelers have not won two Super Bowl, since to his two very special players.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

I really dont think you know shit about football if you think Troy is more important, really. Oh boohoo, Ben made some bad choices and he had a pro-bowl caliber year and we still didnt get in the playoffs, that doesnt make him any less important to the team. He's the 2nd best if not the best QB we've ever had, and we've only found 2 good ones in our 75+ year history. A franchise QB aint a dime a dozen. Replacing Ben with mediocrity would be a lot worse than replacing Troy with mediocrity. Troy isnt the only reason for failure last year. Our entire defense was riddled with injuries, not just Troy.......Brett Keisel, Aaron Smith, Lawrence Timmons, all stalwarts for us.

Troy is a better football player without a doubt, the undisputed finest at his position and possibly every position. But he's not more important.

If you guys thought having a great safety out for most of the year sucked, try recalling the 90's when we had no QB's. BLEH

Black & Gold Metal Array title="SteelGhost is on a distinguished road"> SteelGhost's Avatar

Hey polamalubeast ... here comes the second round

My 2 cents worth Array title="Burghfan58 is an unknown quantity at this point"> Burghfan58's Avatar

My original thought was Troy but Super Bowl 43 would be Arizonas without Ben.
    Addicted to Steeler football 24/7 365

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Burghfan58 View Post
    My original thought was Troy but Super Bowl 43 would be Arizonas without Ben.
    Every Steelers squad since 2004 would be reminiscent of the 90's if it weren't for Ben. I think that's the most accurate way to put it.

Just happy to be here!! Array title="Polamalu Princess has a reputation beyond repute"> Polamalu Princess's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelGhost View Post
    Both

Troy is my man, but I agree with you on this.

Angel Baby Faith our one and only 1/11/00 - 9/9/16 We love you.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post

If you guys thought having a great safety out for most of the year sucked, try recalling the 90's when we had no QB's. BLEH
    multiple afcc games and a sb appearance? there are still teams who would kill for that in a single decade, let alone their entire history.

multiple afcc games and a sb appearance? there are still teams who would kill for that in a single decade, let alone their entire history.
    Winning it all saves you from asking yourselves the nightmarish question "What if?" The greatest organization in the league doesn't need to settle for mediocrity.

And also, welcome back Tony!

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

ben is one of the best QB's in the league.

troy is one of the best players in the league (all positions) and perhaps the best athelete.
    This sums it up very nicely. I agree 100%
    http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg

Let's ride! Array title="BuddhaBus is just really nice">

Troy. That man is super-human! Big Ben is great, but Troy is the heartbeat of the defense.

Well Traveled Array title="VTsteel is an unknown quantity at this point"> VTsteel's Avatar

Ben.

Seriously, Troy is my favorite current player . . . totally freaking amazing - But Ben is (in my opinion) more vital to winning it all.

And yes, I think we'd have a better chance of success this year without Troy than without Ben . . .

Please God don't let that happen.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Ben. This teams not winning with Byron, Chuck or Dennie at the helm. Period.

Senior Member Array title="KATK9 is on a distinguished road"> KATK9's Avatar

Troy without a doubt.

Junior Member Array title="JoeCactus is an unknown quantity at this point"> JoeCactus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Steelers View Post
    Big Ben had a great yr last yr over 4,000 yds passing, 2 WR over 1,000 yds and a RB over 1,000 yds. And still no playoffs. Troy is the QB of the defense when he's not playing we give up an extra TD per game. With Troy healthy and Ben sidelined at least for 4 gms I like our chances of at least going .500 or maybe 1 game above. I think our defense will get back on track this yr with Troy and McFadden back at CB
    Still waiting for a Safety or CB to make a TD pass and drive the team 90 yards to win a game.........no contest Ben

further defense does not win championships offense does.......the greatest defensive team ever (Steelers) never made it to the super bowl

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by joecactus View Post
    still waiting for a safety or cb to make a td pass and drive the team 90 yards to win a game.........no contest ben

further defense does not win championships offense does.......the greatest defensive team ever (steelers) never made it to the super bowl
    qft

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Troy's just a better player, not as important

Black and Gold Lantern Array title="The Duke is just really nice"> The Duke's Avatar

Sorry, no QB no win. simple as that

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    Troy's just a better player, not as important
    Yep, it may sound weird but it's true
    "We're a team. There's no offense. There's no defense. There's no special teams. We're one. We're a band of brothers." – Ben Roethlisberger