Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Big Ben or Troy P whos more important to team

Shenaniguy Array title="kmsteelerwr15 is on a distinguished road"> kmsteelerwr15's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
    if this is a difficult question for anyone to answer just ask yourself this question...

who would you rather be without for the 1st 6 games for next season, ben or troy?

would you bench troy if it meant rescinding bens suspension?

i think the majority answer would be "no".
    Very good point. While I do believe Ben is important, last year showed what happens when Troy isn't active, and it wasn't pretty.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

if this is a difficult question for anyone to answer just ask yourself this question...

who would you rather be without for the 1st 6 games for next season, ben or troy?

I would drop the hammer on that decision in an instant and scream yes. The fall of the defense wasn't just because of Troy's injury, it was a accumulation of other injuries on defense too: Brett Keisel, Lawrence Timmons, Aaron Smith, and William Gay wasn't anywhere close to ready to handle starting duties.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

I would say yes to that in a second...bench Troy for Ben...absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Thee Conservative Steeler Array title="steel9guy is on a distinguished road"> steel9guy's Avatar

Great question but I can't really give an answer. In the playoffs last year Troy dominated in the AFC championship and we all know what Ben did in the Superbowl.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

#43.....if he starts 16 games, we make at least the AFC Championship game. If not, the Steelers don't get that far. Except for his rookie season, every time he starts the whole season, they have made it to the AFC Championship game.

Conservatarian Array title="Wallace108 is a splendid one to behold"> Wallace108's Avatar

I hate to be without either of them, but I'm going with Troy. The defense looked lost last year.

UK Steelers Contingent Array title="steelerrob is an unknown quantity at this point">

Troy without a doubt.....if we rock the D like 2 years ago, we can get by with even a mediocre QB.

Really hoopy frood Array title="ricardisimo is an unknown quantity at this point">

I choose: the Patriots suck, and I lust for Tom Brady's wife.

Why is there no poll on this poll?
    Why does God hate amputees?
    [SIGPIC]http://www.steeluniverse.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82&dateline=127542714 7[/SIGPIC]

Quest For 7 Array title="steelpride12 is a splendid one to behold"> steelpride12's Avatar

Troy is injured and out for over 4 games last season and the Steelers miss the playoffs and the secondary and overall defense struggles. That should be a hint.
    Missing you every day, thinking about the memories every moment, loving you every second Mom ♥ R.I.P. 1951-2011

"When you go out on the field and you're intense for 60 minutes, some guys don't want to do it. When I line up across from him, he has to do one of two things, he has to raise his level of play, or he's going to get his *** kicked all day"

- Greg Lloyd

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

i look at our two superbowl runs ,with out ben we make neither

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Steelers fan, circa 1985 Array title="BigNastyDefense is a name known to all"> BigNastyDefense's Avatar

Troy makes the defense work because he is so multi-talented.

Without Ben we can just pound Mendy and Moore until Ben comes back if that's what we have to do.

RIP Marianne "HTG" - You'll Always Be With Us
    Follow me on Twitter @Blue_Collar_Guy

BRINGIN' IT! Array title="Indo is on a distinguished road"> Indo's Avatar

Troy

Tim Lumber's #1 fan Array title="steelax04 is an unknown quantity at this point">

This is why I'd say Troy.

Football DIVA Array title="Sweets is an unknown quantity at this point"> Sweets's Avatar

Losing Troy has already hurt your team immensely, I don't think losing Ben for a few games this season will make the team skip a beat. If Goodell takes back his original suspension and gives Ben only 4 games the Ravens are the only team in your division you'll play.

SteelerSal
    Quote Originally Posted by BigNastyDefense View Post
    Troy makes the defense work because he is so multi-talented.

Without Ben we can just pound Mendy and Moore until Ben comes back if that's what we have to do.

I agree. With Troy on the field, it leaves opposing QB's second guessing where he will be.

clowns hater Array title="Prok is an unknown quantity at this point"> Prok's Avatar

I just hope we get through the suspension OK then get to keep BOTH players healthy the rest of the way. We'll need em' both to contend for the playoffs and Sb IMO.
    Even the best of men can be self-absorbed and self-righteous.

Let's ride! Array title="BuddhaBus is just really nice">

I don't see opposing teams slapping Big Ben wigs on defensive players' melons and having them run drills in practice.

Tim Lumber's #1 fan Array title="steelax04 is an unknown quantity at this point">

Quote Originally Posted by BuddhaBus View Post
    I don't see opposing teams slapping Big Ben wigs on defensive players' melons and having them run drills in practice.
    No they slap ugly mustaches on the QBs instead...

clowns hater Array title="Prok is an unknown quantity at this point"> Prok's Avatar

Talking

Well considering you have LeBeau in charge of the defense and Arians in charge of the offense i think it would be fair to say doing 6 games without Ben would hurt more. Especially with the FA upgrades we've had.

And, no, i'm still not a big LeBeau supporter. lol

BTW Welcome aboard Hipchest. As you can see i did not choke on my pillow the other night.

The Princess' Daddy! Array title="stlrtruck will become famous soon enough"> stlrtruck's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1

It was proven last year that this team needs Troy more than they need Ben. I'm not taking anything away from Ben, but Troy just has a greater impact on the game plan that other team's build.

60 MINS, 53 MEN, 1 NATION
    STEELERS NATION

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelerrob View Post
    Troy without a doubt.....if we rock the D like 2 years ago, we can get by with even a mediocre QB.
    If Bill Cowher were sitting here reading that, he would laugh his ass off. You should look back at the 90's and think on that again.

Quote Originally Posted by BigNastyDefense View Post
    Yeah we tried that and ended up 19th in rushing. As long as Ben's gone, (Plus one Santonio Holmes) defenses aren't going to respect our passing attack and our run game is going to get attacked.

Senior Member Array title="JayC is a glorious beacon of light"> JayC's Avatar

tough question, but im going with troy for the fact that our whole defense collapsed without him. i think the steelers could get by with an average qb as long as our running game is good.

but the fact is, without both of them healthy, we have no chance at winning a championship, we need both to stay healthy

The Virginia Hillbilly Array title="Galax Steeler is a splendid one to behold"> Galax Steeler's Avatar

I would have to say Troy the man is an all around player and makes play he is the cog of the defense. He will have no problem making the hall of fame. A player of his caliber only comes around every so often. Ben is a good quarteback but can be replaced how do you replace a player like Troy you don't.

Member Array title="Canadian Steeler Nation is an unknown quantity at this point"> Canadian Steeler Nation's Avatar

its pretty tough to say the Safety spot is more important than the qb on any team but, Troy is the only safety in the world who can make it an interesting conversation. However just by the nature of the QB i'd take Ben