Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Should have drafted Eddie Lacy

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Re: Should have drafted Eddie Lacy

Not to get everyone around here fired up over something we don't know about yet... oh, who am I kidding? That's exactly what I'm trying to do... If Bell is out for significant time do you guys see Redman or Dwyer being the #1? Or do we go back to last year's hodgepodge of no true #1? As much as Dwyer pisses me off sometimes, now with his weight loss, and if he can hold onto the ball, he kind of seems more like a true #1 than Redman who only seems to really shine in spot duty. Or do we want to make L.S.H. a #1 and let him take that kind of pounding?

Thoughts?

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/pos...et-mri-on-foot

Asked if he was frustrated in not being able to get the second-round pick going, Tomlin said, "No. I don’t get frustrated. I just deal with issues."

Banned Array title="Spike is just really nice">

don't worry - a few chest bumps and Tomlin will have his crew swaggering with arrogance again

Formerly TheWarden86 Array title="NJarhead has much to be proud of"> NJarhead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spike View Post
    don't worry - a few chest bumps and Tomlin will have his crew swaggering with arrogance again
    Do you need a friend dude? Buy you a beer or something? Let me know.

Like I said - I don't blame Bell, it was obvious Haley's offense was going nowhere

nobody was running behind that sieve of an O-line in that abortion of an offense Haley has concocted

when your Pro-Bowl center is getting rag-dolled all night you know you are in trouble

in the immortal words of Michel Therrien

“dey soff”

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Like I said - I don't blame Bell, it was obvious Haley's offense was going nowhere

nobody was running behind that sieve of an O-line in that abortion of an offense Haley has concocted

when your Pro-Bowl center is getting rag-dolled all night you know you are in trouble

in the immortal words of Michel Therrien

“dey soff”
    you're giving a great player in barry cofield zero credit. you assume a pro bowl center should be able to manhandle any nose tackle by himself. Even a real good one. What were you saying about arrogance again...
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

STEELER NATION RULES ! Array title="katmandu has much to be proud of"> katmandu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by one side only View Post
    mid foot; translation: Lisfranc.
    ...and this is how it happens.

I suppose now people will start calling Bell "INJURY PRONE". Like an injury like this is his fault. Typical victim blaming BS.
    "Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." -- Mark Twain

Support Steelers Universe with a Donation via PayPal !

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/foru....php?do=donate

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post

Formerly TheWarden86 Array title="NJarhead has much to be proud of"> NJarhead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Good for him!!!!

Dwinsgames

people should be more concerned with the 0-Line than who is toting the rock because it will not matter who takes the hand off if the Line does not perform up to standard ..to risk sounding cliche , it all starts up front

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    you're giving a great player in barry cofield zero credit. you assume a pro bowl center should be able to manhandle any nose tackle by himself. .
    alibi's and excuses - better stock up

alibi's and excuses - better stock up
    You too.

Here's some cheese to go with that whine:

Go easy on it, it's a long season. I'd hate to see you run out before it begins.

Dwinsgames

just wow to all those who are ready to throw in the towel after 2 preseason games that will not have any bearing on football in January

yes we have looked horrid , our O-line pathetic but at the end of the day in a few weeks we get an eraser and everyone starts back at 0-0 and we go from there .....

BWAhahahahaha

a little reality and all the apologists come running

here's some more reality like a swinging cold fish smack to the face....

If they try to castrate Ben again and refuse to let him throw deep we aren't going anywhere

and I am sick of hearing that crap about "b b b but we have to protect him with Dink&Dunk"

Ben missed a total of 6 games from 2007 to 2011 when BA was here.

Ben missed 3 (half that total) last year in an offense that was suppose to "protect" him.

....carry on.

BWAhahahahaha

a little reality and all the apologists come running

here's some more reality like a swinging cold fish smack to the face....

If they try to castrate Ben again and refuse to let him throw deep we aren't going anywhere

and I am sick of hearing that crap about "b b b but we have to protect him with Dink&Dunk"

Ben missed a total of 6 games from 2007 to 2011 when BA was here.

Ben missed 3 (half that total) last year in an offense that was suppose to "protect" him.

....carry on.
    That's not the logic that you think it is.

if we're going 8-8 again, I want big plays and 30 pts a game - I demand entertainment

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

It's too early to tell for sure and, I'm willing to wait & see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by steel striker View Post
    It's too early to tell for sure and, I'm willing to wait & see what happens.
    Ya think? Because judging by some of the mentality here, 4 carries in a pre-season game is all you need to make an assessment. haha

Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer 11s
    Steelers believe Le'Veon Bell has Lis Franc injury they r hoping will not require surgery but won't be sure until he gets it double checked

Fire fucking "run it up the gut until someone gets hurt" Haley!

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Steeler View Post
    Yup I'm gonna say it this early . He is to brittle to be a bell cow back . Not impressed at all . (Sighhhh)
    i hope I am wrong though.
    There isn't any reason to give up on Bell. He's been having a great camp and unfortunately has been getting injured. I think that we should give him a chance in some real games before fans start throwing in the towel and calling him a bust/injury prone player.

in case you were wondering

Lisfranc Injury/Fracture (Midfoot “Sprain”)

Lisfranc (midfoot) injury is a significant injury that often has a prolonged recovery time. Fracture of the midfoot bones and/or disruption of the midfoot ligaments (Figure 1) leads to pain, swelling, and often an inability to weight-bear. During normal standing and walking the ligaments of the midfoot are subject to forces that are 2-3 times body weight. These ligaments and bones must heal before normal walking can occur and this often takes a number of months. A stable Lisfranc injury (midfoot sprain) occurs when some of the midfoot ligaments are torn, but the bones and midfoot joints are undisplaced. Stable Lisfranc injuries are treated with rest, immobilization, and often a period of non-weight-bearing. A displaced Lisfranc injury is associated with significant disruption of the midfoot ligaments (displacement of the tarsometatarsal joint) and is usually treated with surgery to reposition and stabilize the joint(s) followed by prolonged immobilization.

http://www.footeducation.com/lisfran...midfoot-sprain

in case you were wondering

Lisfranc Injury/Fracture (Midfoot “Sprain”)

Lisfranc (midfoot) injury is a significant injury that often has a prolonged recovery time. Fracture of the midfoot bones and/or disruption of the midfoot ligaments (Figure 1) leads to pain, swelling, and often an inability to weight-bear. During normal standing and walking the ligaments of the midfoot are subject to forces that are 2-3 times body weight. These ligaments and bones must heal before normal walking can occur and this often takes a number of months. A stable Lisfranc injury (midfoot sprain) occurs when some of the midfoot ligaments are torn, but the bones and midfoot joints are undisplaced. Stable Lisfranc injuries are treated with rest, immobilization, and often a period of non-weight-bearing. A displaced Lisfranc injury is associated with significant disruption of the midfoot ligaments (displacement of the tarsometatarsal joint) and is usually treated with surgery to reposition and stabilize the joint(s) followed by prolonged immobilization.

http://www.footeducation.com/lisfran...midfoot-sprain
    I'm pretty sure he walked off the field on his own, so if this is the injury, it may not be the worst case. Or, it may not be this injury at all. Don't see the need to all "the sky is falling" attitudes.

- - - Updated - - -

Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer 11s
    Steelers believe Le'Veon Bell has Lis Franc injury they r hoping will not require surgery but won't be sure until he gets it double checked

Fire fucking [I]"run it up the gut until someone gets hurt"[/I] Haley!
    How long have you really be a Steelers fan? Did you come to us after the "greatest show on turf" fizzled out or something?

Quote Originally Posted by NJarhead View Post
    How long have you really be a Steelers fan?
    since 69 when they went 1-13 - I watched all the 70's Super Bowls, and every game after that - how about you?

Bradshaw was a stupid hick with a big arm and great WR's - I always rooted for Jefferson Street Joe - never did like TB - even after all the rings

- - - Updated - - -

I'm pretty sure he walked off the field on his own, so if this is the injury, it may not be the worst case.
    we could get lucky

Midfoot Sprains in NFL Players: Treatment and Severity

Return to play without surgery seen in grade 2 Lisfranc injuries

A study presented at the American Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Society Specialty Day found that professional football players who sustain minor midfoot sprains and are managed conservatively may return to play within 3 weeks. Results also showed that players with severe injuries underwent surgery more than 90 percent of the time.

http://www.aaos.org/news/aaosnow/apr12/clinical13.asp

since 69 when they went 1-13 - I watched all the 70's Super Bowls, and every game after that - how about you?

Bradshaw was a stupid hick - I always rooted for Jefferson Street Joe - never did like TB - even after all the rings
    Wasn't born until 71.' So you've got me by a few years (I became a fan around the 1978). The thing is, no one would/could ever be able to question my fan hood. I questioned yours because it more appears that you dislike everything about the Steelers. "Run it up the middle until someone gets hurt?" Seriously? I'll bet you were a mess during the 90's and early 2000's.

- - - Updated - - -

we could get lucky

Midfoot Sprains in NFL Players: Treatment and Severity

Return to play without surgery seen in grade 2 Lisfranc injuries

http://www.aaos.org/news/aaosnow/apr12/clinical13.asp
    Yep, have to wait and see.

The thing is, no one would/could ever be able to question my fan hood. I questioned yours because it more appears that you dislike everything about the Steelers. "Run it up the middle until someone gets hurt?" Seriously? I'll bet you were a mess during the 90's and early 2000's.
    I don't like losing - and I'm not afraid of telling the world what I think - all the pom pom waving cheeleaders can kiss my ass

I don't like losing - and I'm not afraid of telling the world what I think - all the pom pom waving cheeleaders can kiss my ass
    I don't like losing either, but I'm also not a pom pom waver. I never thought I'd hear a Steelers fan say something derogatory about a coach who likes to run the ball north/south. That's exactly what I want to see. I'm a Steelers fan because I like physical football. I hated the "Greatest Show on Turf" and Tom Terrific and so on and so on.

I'm not a pop pom waver either and not afraid to tell you what I think....you keep telling posters to kiss your ass and you are going to have a week in which you cant tell anyone...anything.
    "I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play"

-- Jack Lambert --

ha ha

yeah - call me out for not being a TRUE fan

then, ban me

I see what kind of place this is

but "Should have drafted Lacy" is just fine

I'd ban anybody that started a thread like this - way to support your rookie RB

Senior Member Array title="KeiselPower99 is on a distinguished road"> KeiselPower99's Avatar

Why draft a guy that we already had on the roster? All this means is come game 1 itll be Dwyer and LASH doing the running with some Redman thrown in. This hurts but aint the end of the world.