Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: William Gay Predicts Ten Interceptions For The Steelers Cornerbacks In 2013

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

William Gay Predicts Ten Interceptions For The Steelers Cornerbacks In 2013

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Re: William Gay Predicts Ten Interceptions For The Steelers Cornerbacks In 2013

I predict Gay continues to get burned by #1 receivers.
    All Defense!

Dwinsgames

so I am guessing ...

Ike 1

Gay 1

Cortez 8

????

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    so I am guessing ...

Ike 1

Gay 1

Cortez 8

????
    That's about the only way it could possibly happen.

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    If Lebeau put Gay vs the number one WR,he is a idiot

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

I predict Gay should keep his mouth shut and see what happens instead. Every time someone gets smoked in the back field it's Willy.
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Why do athletes speak? Keep your mouth shut and show your stuff on the field. These "predictions" rarely get fulfilled and usually backfire.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Just 10 INTs? The cornerbacks should be shooting for more lofty goals. 10 INTs for 3 CBs really isn't high. Frankly, I think it would be easier on the entire team if these CBs learned to actually catch INTs

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Just 10 INTs? The cornerbacks should be shooting for more lofty goals. 10 INTs for 3 CBs really isn't high. Frankly, I think it would be easier on the entire team if these CBs learned to actually catch INTs
    The last time the steelers had 10 interception by the CB,it was in 2000

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    This will be the more likely scenario......along with this in London, Sept 29.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Count Steeler View Post
    Why do athletes speak? Keep your mouth shut and show your stuff on the field. These "predictions" rarely get fulfilled and usually backfire.
    to set the bar for themselves? to set a sense of accountability? because its harmless? because goal-oriented people are more successful? because its not like theyre pulling an anthony smith and guaranteeing anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    to set the bar for themselves? to set a sense of accountability? because its harmless? because goal-oriented people are more successful? because its not like theyre pulling an anthony smith and guaranteeing anything?
    Then he should speak for himself and not the other CB's. It's better to do the talking on the field. Like Count said they *rarely get fulfilled and usually backfire*. Ask Woodley.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    Then he should speak for himself and not the other CB's. It's better to do the talking on the field. Like Count said they *rarely get fulfilled and usually backfire*. Ask Woodley.
    how do they backfire? if they dont happen? that doesnt mean it backfired, it just means falling short of a goal, usually a big one. its just a prediction. not a guarantee. not trash talk. its nothing that will implode the team. jesus, players around the league do this all the time.

lol @ players not being able to voice their goals without backlash. especially when it really isnt an extremely lofty one.
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="steeldawg is a jewel in the rough">

I have no problem with him saying this 10 picks for our cornerbacks is high but not impossible. It will be tough for Ike to contribute though because he cant catch.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Gay almost has as many sacks as INTs in his career. He doesn't even average 1 pick a season for his career. I don't hate Willie and he can say what he wants but with him and Ike out there, the averages are against them.

With that said, I think Cortez would be getting a majority of those (see Dwins' post for the breakdown). Now, if Josh Queen Victorian is out there starting for some reason, we're in deep shit.

Senior Member Array title="steeldawg is a jewel in the rough">

I will be happy with 10 picks from the entire defense

how do they backfire? if they dont happen? that doesnt mean it backfired, it just means falling short of a goal, usually a big one. its just a prediction. not a guarantee. not trash talk. its nothing that will implode the team. jesus, players around the league do this all the time.

lol @ players not being able to voice their goals without backlash. especially when it really isnt an extremely lofty one.
    Players are paid to be in shape and play football, let your play do the talking for you and let others praise you. What has Gay actually accomplished to make such a prediction?

Quote Originally Posted by steeldawg View Post
    I have no problem with him saying this 10 picks for our cornerbacks is high but not impossible. It will be tough for Ike to contribute though because he cant catch.
    I actually agree with you on this. I think 10 interceptions is entirely possible. HOWEVER...I do have a problem with Gay making this prediction when I doubt if he is a major contributer to that goal.

Its sort of like when I first started my current career. There was a lady who had been here for 29 years and I used to tell everyone that between the two of us we had 30 years experience.
    "I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play"

-- Jack Lambert --

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

I predict Willie Gay will get victimized on at least 5 big plays in 2013.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

I'll go with the under. Book it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

I agree with you 100%, Psycho. It would be one thing if he were talking smack about another team or player specifically, thereby giving someone bulletin board material, but what the hell is the harm in this? Some smack talk from Steelers fans when the corners fail to meet this goal? Big deal. I like the confidence even if it is overblown.

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post
    I agree with you 100%, Psycho. It would be one thing if he were talking smack about another team or player specifically, thereby giving someone bulletin board material, but what the hell is the harm in this? Some smack talk from Steelers fans when the corners fail to meet this goal? Big deal. I like the confidence even if it is overblown.
    You call it *confidence overblown*? I call it BS from someone who has accomplished nothing.

Dwinsgames

I think 10 is an attainable number assuming Cortez Allen has a healthy season because I look for him to have the bulk of them ( he is the one that possesses hands not made of stone and eyes for the ball )

Players are paid to be in shape and play football, let your play do the talking for you and let others praise you. What has Gay actually accomplished to make such a prediction?
    who did gay praise? nobody. i think you're reading into this way too hard. theres no hyperbole or arrogance implied in setting a doable goal. this is not an "im going to break emmitt smith's career rushing yardage mark" statement by adrian peterson or a guarantee of victory against an undefeated team by anthony smith. i would be offended if he was shooting for anything lower. i sure would hope gay would demand a strong performance by his position group just as a quarterback demands excellence from his receivers. Accountability is good. donald driver said after his retirement that he thought aaron rodgers could have been a better leader if he wasnt so pushy and would take some of the blame for his receivers' mistakes. thats ludicrous. excellence demands excellence. the #1 pass defense in the league ought to set the bar high. what has gay ever done? he's been a nickel corner for a superbowl team and a starter for a #1 pass defense. i do believe he holds enough pedigree to make a simple prediction, if only people could get over his bad 1st year as a starter and being on the highlight reels of one of the best tight ends and runningbacks to ever play the game

who did gay praise? nobody. i think you're reading into this way too hard. theres no hyperbole or arrogance implied in setting a doable goal. this is not an "im going to break emmitt smith's career rushing yardage mark" statement by adrian peterson or a guarantee of victory against an undefeated team by anthony smith. i would be offended if he was shooting for anything lower. i sure would hope gay would demand a strong performance by his position group just as a quarterback demands excellence from his receivers. Accountability is good. donald driver said after his retirement that he thought aaron rodgers could have been a better leader if he wasnt so pushy and would take some of the blame for his receivers' mistakes. thats ludicrous. excellence demands excellence. the #1 pass defense in the league ought to set the bar high. what has gay ever done? he's been a nickel corner for a superbowl team and a starter for a #1 pass defense. i do believe he holds enough pedigree to make a simple prediction, if only people could get over his bad 1st year as a starter and being on the highlight reels of one of the best tight ends and runningbacks to ever play the game
    The idea here is to let your play on the field do the talking for you...and let others praise your labor. Pedigree Gay has 5 int's in 6 years, he's hardly the one to make such a statement. I hope it happens, if it does, Allen will have most of them as Dwins stated.

The idea here is to let your play on the field do the talking for you...and let others praise your labor. Pedigree Gay has 5 int's in 6 years, he's hardly the one to make such a statement. I hope it happens, if it does, Allen will have most of them as Dwins stated.
    show me where gay praised anybody. there isnt even a single direct quote from william gay in that entire article. pedigree doesnt equal interceptions. he has played good ball for a good defense before. you can set a goal for you and your teammates and still let your play on the field do the talking for you. crazy stuff, i know.

show me where gay praised anybody. there isnt even a single direct quote from william gay in that entire article. pedigree doesnt equal interceptions. he has played good ball for a good defense before. you can set a goal for you and your teammates and still let your play on the field do the talking for you. crazy stuff, i know.
    I didn't say Gay praised anyone. I said if Gay would keep his mouth shut, play football (and get 4 or more interceptions a year), others ( his teammates, coaches, sportswriters) would praise him. Statements like this only draw attention to Gay, which is what he seems to want. Interceptions are what the article and thread are about and Gay is lacking, badly. I would have no problem if Reed, Woodson, Bailey, Samuel or Troy made this prediction. But they wouldn't.

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

The way our guys catch the ball we will need plenty of stickum.

Dwinsgames

Quote Originally Posted by steel striker View Post
    The way our guys catch the ball we will need plenty of stickum.

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Ditto.