Thread: Anyone Watch CFL?

Smashmouth Posting Array title="Seven has much to be proud of"> Seven's Avatar

Anyone Watch CFL?

I've been watching Canadian Football for pretty much the first time this season. I've been enjoying it. Anyone else watch?

- - - Updated - - -

I laughed when I realized Tino Sunseri is actually a pro quarterback
    "If you are holding on to something that you no longer need to hold on to, I encourage you to let go." - Rashard Mendenhall

Senior Member Array title="mark0933 is on a distinguished road">
    Bully Basher Champion!

Re: Anyone Watch CFL?

The CFL is an embarrassment. You get more fans attending a Div II school game (or hell, some highschool games) than attend these games. I'd love to see an NFL team in Toronto, but that would kill the CFL in all the other smaller markets so it won't happen soon. Only league I've ever known that had 2 teams with the same name (Sask Roughriders and the Ottawa Rough Riders) active at the same time...

Smashmouth Posting Array title="Seven has much to be proud of"> Seven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mark0933 View Post
    The CFL is an embarrassment. You get more fans attending a Div II school game (or hell, some highschool games) than attend these games. I'd love to see an NFL team in Toronto, but that would kill the CFL in all the other smaller markets so it won't happen soon. Only league I've ever known that had 2 teams with the same name (Sask Roughriders and the Ottawa Rough Riders) active at the same time...
    Haha that's funny. The quality isn't what it should be, for sure. As I said, Tino Sunseri is a quarterback in the league. But I still enjoy watching.

- - - Updated - - -

A couple of the guys who have stood out to me as good players are Ted Laurent and Kory Sheets. I remember Sheets with Miami but I don't think Laurent has ever been in the NFL.
    "If you are holding on to something that you no longer need to hold on to, I encourage you to let go." - Rashard Mendenhall

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

I tried to watch a few times:

1. During the 1982 NFL Strike.
    2. When the Baltimore CFL franchise played and there was nothing else on and I was drunk.
    3. When John Candy signed Rocket Ishmail.

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Yeah, I watch from time to time. I used to have season tickets for the Argos back in the late 70's. $80 for 10 games (2 preseason). The CFL is a wide open style of play and no lead is safe. Makes each game exciting.

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    I tried to watch a few times:

1. During the 1982 NFL Strike.
    2. When the Baltimore CFL franchise played and there was nothing else on and I was drunk.
    3. When John Candy signed Rocket Ishmail.
    Random note - he and his brother, the "Missile", went to high school 10 minutes from where I grew up. As a matter of fact, my alma mater plays their alma mater every year. Sorry for going off topic. Anyways...

I watch the CFL from time to time. It has its exciting moments.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Forgot about Gretzky

Senior Member Array title="KeiselPower99 is on a distinguished road"> KeiselPower99's Avatar

i like it. Its different and love the wide open play. I kinda like Hamilton but cant figure out why

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KeiselPower99 View Post
    i like it. Its different and love the wide open play. I kinda like Hamilton but cant figure out why
    Known as Steeltown Canada.

Oski Wee wee
    Oski wow wow
    Tiger Cats
    Eat em raw.