Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Me Being Selfish

Spaghetti Time Array title="Chidi29 has a reputation beyond repute"> Chidi29's Avatar

Me Being Selfish

And probably not the right forum!

Anyway, at the risk of sounding like I have an ego, I wanted to share with you guys that I was hired to write for Steelers Depot today. Obviously, I'm really excited about what I hope is a long term thing, as is their goal.

Unfortunately, I'm not going to be able to post my game thoughts and other content directly on this forum. Of course, I'll still link them but I'm obligated to write everything exclusively for them.
    But obviously, I'll still be on here talking with you guys and all that fun stuff.

I also wanted to take the time and not just toot my own stupid horn. But to thank all of you, especially the Admins (Gary & Eric) for making this such a great site and for your encouragement/feedback for the content I've put on here. I really am thankful for it and appreciate it more than you'll ever know.

Hopefully this is the start of something really cool.

- Chidi

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Re: Me Being Selfish

Congrats Chidi!

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

That is awesome, Alex! Congrats - I'm sure your work for the other sports site got you noticed by SD. I'd like to say they've read this forum and seen your posts, but that would be selfish and patting ourselves on the back.

Senior Member Array title="KeiselPower99 is on a distinguished road"> KeiselPower99's Avatar

Congrats. I like that site and cant wait to read your stuff.

Dwinsgames

congrats , this is the second time in two days I have heard this news .... ( two separate people getting hired to write on Steelers football on two separate sites )

Quote Originally Posted by BigCurt
    I wanted to let you guys know I resigned from Rant a few days ago because I was offered and accepted a paid position as the new featured columnist for the Pittsburgh Steelers for Bleacher Report. I am so excited to get started with this next stage in my career. Really looking forward to covering the Steelers all season long.
    hopefully Bleacher report returns of its early days now with an influx of new writers , as it used to be a really good site ...

best of luck to both of you !!

member since day 1 Array title="7SteelGal43 is a name known to all"> 7SteelGal43's Avatar

Way to go Chidi !!!
    Stay classy, leftnutz

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Congrats, Chidi and keep it up! Good luck.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Great news Alex, now go buy that pen!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chidi29 View Post
    And probably not the right forum!

Anyway, at the risk of sounding like I have an ego, I wanted to share with you guys that I was hired to write for Steelers Depot today. Obviously, I'm really excited about what I hope is a long term thing, as is their goal.

Unfortunately, I'm not going to be able to post my game thoughts and other content directly on this forum. Of course, I'll still link them but I'm obligated to write everything exclusively for them.
    But obviously, I'll still be on here talking with you guys and all that fun stuff.

I also wanted to take the time and not just toot my own stupid horn. But to thank all of you, especially the Admins (Gary & Eric) for making this such a great site and for your encouragement/feedback for the content I've put on here. I really am thankful for it and appreciate it more than you'll ever know.

Hopefully this is the start of something really cool.

- Chidi
    Congrats Alex....If I can help out in anyway, let me know. Always happy to exchange some phone #'s if you need them.
    "I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play"

-- Jack Lambert --

Spaghetti Time Array title="Chidi29 has a reputation beyond repute"> Chidi29's Avatar

Thank you all! And Perry, I'll definitely keep that offer in mind. Thanks so much.

Senior Member Array title="Pristas has a spectacular aura about"> Pristas's Avatar

Congrats Alex! You deserve it and Steelers Depot is a great source for us fans. I always enjoy reading their articles and now it's even better with the addition of your talents. Knock em dead.

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

Congrats, Chidi!

Thank you all! And Perry, I'll definitely keep that offer in mind. Thanks so much.
    Pm me and Ill share the numbers of the active players that I have....But I fully expect you to return the favor someday!!! Deal?
    "I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play"

-- Jack Lambert --

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

I'm so happy for you, Alex!

And we'll still get to enjoy all you articles here!

Thank you so much Sue!!

U.S. AIR FORCE Array title="Hindes204 has much to be proud of"> Hindes204's Avatar

Very well deserved Alex!! Good luck!!

Thank you Hindes!

Administrator Array title="Texasteel has a reputation beyond repute"> Texasteel's Avatar

You will always have a special in my heart, both you and LLT. I have always enjoyed what you have written for us, and could see the obvious talent that was there. It does not surprise me that someone else could see that as well. As I have always said, I see a bright future for you.

AML

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

Congrats Alex! With you writing for the Depot, maybe it could bring some of their readers over here and we could have more members sign up.

Senior Member Array title="crcsnail has a spectacular aura about"> crcsnail's Avatar

well done chidi . i will have to take a look at the depot now , as i always enjoyed your comments and analysis . hope it goes really well for u

It's just something in my eye, I swear.

But seriously, you guys are the best.

Overseas SuperFan Array title="TheRuneMeister is an unknown quantity at this point"> TheRuneMeister's Avatar

'Grats. I love following Dave on twitter, and love both the terrible podcast and the site. Personally, I also love some of the 'dry' writing on th Depot such as oline breakdowns etc. Hope you guys keep that stuff coming.

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Congratulations Alex. I am sure bigger and better things await you down the road. One step at a time.

The Virginia Hillbilly Array title="Galax Steeler is a splendid one to behold"> Galax Steeler's Avatar

Congrats, hopefully everything will work out for you good luck.

Formerly TheWarden86 Array title="NJarhead has much to be proud of"> NJarhead's Avatar

Congratulations Chidi. A well deserved opportunity!

Super Moderator and Lone hawks fan Array title="Devilsdancefloor has a reputation beyond repute"> Devilsdancefloor's Avatar

that is awesome congrats!! Will miss your breakdowns, but i suppose i can go look at it over there if you twist my arm !!

For those i love i will sacrifice.

Si ventus non est, remiga

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Congrats, Alex! You're going to have a very nice résumé already started when you graduate! Just don't forget us when you start writing for SI or the Sporting News.

U.S. AIR FORCE Array title="Hindes204 has much to be proud of"> Hindes204's Avatar

Went to the depot this morning before I even saw this post and noticed your name. Great breakdown of Jones, your talent, research, and dedication shines through in your writing.