Thread: Roethlisberger bothered by right knee

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Roethlisberger bothered by right knee

By Alan Robinson

Published: Friday, July 26, 2013, 7:33 p.m.

If there was unexpected start-of-camp injury news Friday, it was that Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger has “a little discomfort” in his right knee.

Read more: Roethlisberger bothered by right knee

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Re: Roethlisberger bothered by right knee

If this turns out to be a James Harrison redux, our season's sunk already.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    If this turns out to be a James Harrison redux, our season's sunk already.
    I doubt it. The writer tends to make mountains out of molehills. Chances are it's nothing out of the normal and that Ben wasn't scheduled to talk with the press, so he didn't realize an issue would be made of him not speaking.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Spaghetti Time Array title="Chidi29 has a reputation beyond repute"> Chidi29's Avatar

It sounds very, very minor.

Knowing Ben, there will be some other injury-related issue before Week One. Bets on what it is? I'm going with his throwing hand after hitting it off of one of the lineman's helmets.

Quote Originally Posted by Chidi29 View Post
    Harrison's did too.

Tomlin called it a "minor" procedure but added he's not ready to put a timetable on when Harrison will be cleared to play.

"It shouldn't be long," Tomlin said on when he expects Harrison back. "We'll see when we get him back out here and start the process of working him back."
    Couple in the beating that Roethlisberger has taken in his career up to now and the fact that he's not 22 anymore, and I'm not liking it. Not one bit. A "little discomfort" is also a far cry from "it feels better than ever."

Dwinsgames

Quote Originally Posted by Chidi29 View Post

Knowing Ben, there will be some other injury-related issue before Week One. Bets on what it is? I'm going with his throwing hand after hitting it off of one of the lineman's helmets.

Yep his right thumb in all likelihood with index finger a close second

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Prima Donna

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Drama queen.

Spaghetti Time Array title="Chidi29 has a reputation beyond repute"> Chidi29's Avatar

Harrison's did too.

Couple in the beating that Roethlisberger has taken in his career up to now and the fact that he's not 22 anymore, and I'm not liking it. Not one bit. A "little discomfort" is also a far cry from "it feels better than ever."
    But Harrison sat around forever before going under the knife, delaying the whole process. At least Ben got taken care of in the offseason.

Senior Member Array title="Nadroj 20 is just really nice"> Nadroj 20's Avatar

Right now I wouldn't consider it much of an issue, but it is definitely something to keep an eye on.
    "Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose"
    ~Rest In Peace HometownGal~

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

A "minor" thing can quickly turn into something serious... Ugh.

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Harrison's did too.

It probably did at the time. But knee injuries are tricky, and discomfort can creep back in in no time. That said, I'm not going to blow this up any more than it needs to be. The local media is tired of covering the Pirates and are itching for any Steelers news they can report.

With the knee injuries Ben has had in his career coupled with general wear and tear for any veteran, he's probably going to have scar tissue in his knee that will bother him for the rest of his career.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Attention whore.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="steeldawg is a jewel in the rough">

Lol, didn't we just have a thread where Roethlisberger said he felt better than ever.

Senior Member Array title="one side only is a jewel in the rough"> one side only's Avatar

Nothing a shot of painkiller a hour or so before each game can't fix. Who cares if he has to walk with a cane at age 40?

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Big Ben looks good in return
    Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, saying his right knee does not bother him, took his regular turn in the first full practice of camp and said he felt fine.
    Roethlisberger did not appear to have any difficulty throwing, though he did underthrow wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders on a couple go-routes.
    Roethlisberger had cleanup surgery in his right knee just before minicamp. Coach Mike Tomlin said Friday his quarterback experienced some discomfort in his knee, which is why he held him out of the run test.
    "It was his first day, I thought he looked good," Tomlin said after the afternoon practice. "I thought everybody looked good. But I'm not rushing to judge. It's still football in shorts for us."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/...#ixzz2aKmPruAx
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Senior Member Array title="steeldawg is a jewel in the rough">

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    Big Ben looks good in return
    Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, saying his right knee does not bother him, took his regular turn in the first full practice of camp and said he felt fine.
    Roethlisberger did not appear to have any difficulty throwing, though he did underthrow wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders on a couple go-routes.
    Roethlisberger had cleanup surgery in his right knee just before minicamp. Coach Mike Tomlin said Friday his quarterback experienced some discomfort in his knee, which is why he held him out of the run test.
    "It was his first day, I thought he looked good," Tomlin said after the afternoon practice. "I thought everybody looked good. But I'm not rushing to judge. It's still football in shorts for us."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/...#ixzz2aKmPruAx
    Ya I just watched the same thing on the nfl channel which is good news.

Dwinsgames

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    I don't think there is anything we need to worry about. I'm sure he'll feel just fine come week one and that's what matters.

Dwinsgames

Quote Originally Posted by steelerdude15 View Post
    I don't think there is anything we need to worry about. I'm sure he'll feel just fine come week one and that's what matters.

you're probably spot on with this ... just goes to show you it just depends who is writing an article on how stinking the turds in the pot get