Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 - Camp tidbits from elsewhere in the NFL

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

2013 - Camp tidbits from elsewhere in the NFL

Adam Schefter@AdamSchefter12m

Feel free to post'em as you find 'em.

Texans safety Ed Reed (hip) and running back Arian Foster (calf) were placed on PUP list today.

- - - Updated - - -

Steelers Depot@Steelersdepot38m
    #Colts Waive Former #Steelers TE Weslye Saunders On Thursday Following Suspension http://sulia.com/my_thoughts/148dc36e-8c99-48f1-8234-f5201555e7eb/?source=twitter …

- - - Updated - - -

Bob Pompeani@KDPomp1h
    A.J. Green suffers apparent knee injury, leaves practice http://cbsprt.co/14Nrduk via @cbssports

- - - Updated - - -

NFL: AroundTheLeague@NFL_ATL2h
    Bryant McKinnie reportedly sitting out Ravens practice because he's over his prescribed weight. Familiar problem. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000220964/article/report-bryant-mckinnie-not-practicing-due-to-weight?campaign=Twitter_atl …

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Re: 2013 - Camp tidbits from elsewhere in the NFL

Dov Kleiman@NFL_RealUpdates1m
    #Cardinals placed rookie 6th round pick WR Ryan Swope from Texas A&M on the reserve/retired list, ending his career. Dealt with concussions.

Adam Caplan@caplannfl2m

Swope was selected in the 6th round of this year's draft, so that's already one draft pick that never made it.

Adam Caplan@caplannfl3h
    NFL announced Redskins DE Jarvis Jenkins suspended 4 games for PEDS.

- - - Updated - - -

Chris Mortensen@mortreport7h
    A.J. Green mild knee bruise. Marvin Lewis tells media the WR won't work this weekend, expects back soon. Green did not offer time frame

- - - Updated - - -

Rich Campbell@Rich_Campbell1h
    On @ESPNRadio980 we're discussing Jarvis Jenkins' admission that he took a tainted supplement he bought over-the-counter at GNC.

- - - Updated - - -

Adam Caplan@caplannfl1h
    With the Redskins dealing with an injury at ILB, source confirmed the team is bringing in former Broncos LB Joe Mays for a visit.

Spaghetti Time Array title="Chidi29 has a reputation beyond repute"> Chidi29's Avatar

Redskins lose LB Keenan Robinson to a torn pectoral. Second year in a row.

Charges' backup LB Jonas Mouton suffered a torn ACL today. Done for the year. Same with Jets CB Aaron Berry.

Manish Mehta @MMehtaNYDN2h
    Jets officially confirm that CB Aaron Berry suffered a season-ending knee injury this morning in practice. #nyj

- - - Updated - - -

Adam Caplan@caplannfl3m
    Early word on Eagles WR Arrelious Benn's injury: knee hypertension. We'll find out more over next 24 hours.

NFL: AroundTheLeague@NFL_ATL49m
    Reports: Von Miller ban wasn't for positive drug test http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000221916/article/report-von-miller-ban-wasnt-for-positive-drug-test?campaign=Twitter_atl …

- - - Updated - - -

Albert Breer@AlbertBreer51m
    The crowd here is cheering when Tebow throws to a ballboy standing still 45 yards downfield. I wish I was making that up.

- - - Updated - - -

NFL Network@nflnetwork1h
    Jets quarterback battle heats up: http://on.nfl.com/13bpmOc

Dov Kleiman@NFL_RealUpdates31s
    #Patriots Tim Tebow had work in tackling drills and run-after-catch drills in addition to playing QB.

Albert Breer@AlbertBreer4m
    Tebow again shaky throwing the ball. 2 passes batted down in 7on7. Also worked briefly w/ receivers/backs in ball security & tackling drills

Spaghetti Time Array title="Chidi29 has a reputation beyond repute"> Chidi29's Avatar

Terrible news for Eagles' fans.

Senior Member Array title="Nadroj 20 is just really nice"> Nadroj 20's Avatar

Doesn't sound good.

"Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose"
    ~Rest In Peace HometownGal~

Senior Member Array title="Nadroj 20 is just really nice"> Nadroj 20's Avatar

"Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose"
    ~Rest In Peace HometownGal~

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

To the injury bug:

STAY AWAY!!!

And with Jeff Reed gone, we don't have to worry about Jobu's rum.

Pitta with a dislocated hip, expected to miss Week One.

Official. Maclin done for year. And in a contract year, no less.

Now Pitta likely done for the year.

Dwinsgames

Pitta's hip is worse than anticipated ... Fractured , out for the year http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...-ravens-season

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    Pitta's hip is worse than anticipated ... Fractured , out for the year http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...-ravens-season
    Big hit to the Ravens. With Boldin and Pitta both gone they don't have anyone to throw the ball to except Torrey Smith.

Dwinsgames

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFanInStl View Post
    Big hit to the Ravens. With Boldin and Pitta both gone they don't have anyone to throw the ball to except Torrey Smith.

Ed Dickson will be the starting TE , not as good of hands as Pitta but he has some moves after the catch for a big guy ..he will do ok ... replacing Bolden is the bigger issue in my mind and not only for the production aspect but he was clutch in big games , he could take over a game with his toughness and I do not see anybody on that roster with that same mentality or toughness ...that loss is going to haunt them perhaps more than Ray Lewis or Ed Reed IMO

Senior Member Array title="steeldawg is a jewel in the rough">

Pitta will be huge he was supposed to be a big part of their offense this year and their number 1 redzone target.

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    Ed Dickson will be the starting TE , not as good of hands as Pitta but he has some moves after the catch for a big guy ..he will do ok ... replacing Bolden is the bigger issue in my mind and not only for the production aspect but he was clutch in big games , he could take over a game with his toughness and I do not see anybody on that roster with that same mentality or toughness ...that loss is going to haunt them perhaps more than Ray Lewis or Ed Reed IMO
    Pitta has shown much more than Dickson. I think it's going to be a pretty big drop off, especially when they're running two TEs.

I said when they dumped Boldin that it was going to be a huge loss. It's even bigger now without Pitta. Boldin carried them through the playoffs last year.

Dwinsgames

Pitta has shown much more than Dickson. I think it's going to be a pretty big drop off, especially when they're running two TEs.

I said when they dumped Boldin that it was going to be a huge loss. It's even bigger now without Pitta. Boldin carried them through the playoffs last year.

no question in 2 TE sets it will be HUGE , the drop from 2-3 is more significant than from 1-2 in this case IMO , Dickson has skills not the same skills as Pitta but skills none the less and its not like they are asking him to put up Shannon Sharpe like numbers( but they may need him to ) Pitta was far from that kind of TE himself

And there aren't many more receiving options in Baltimore. At least, not proven guys. Jacoby Jones isn't that strong of a #2. And then there's a lot of unproven guys behind him. Streeter, Melette.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post