Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Camp Notes and Nuggets

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

2013 Camp Notes and Nuggets

Here's were we can post all the training camp tweets and tidbits for 2013.

Any guesses on what kind of vehicle da Beard will be driving tomorrow?

Spaghetti Time Array title="Chidi29 has a reputation beyond repute"> Chidi29's Avatar

Re: 2013 Camp Notes and Nuggets

So good to see another training camp thread! Excited for the season to start!!

Spaghetti Time Array title="Chidi29 has a reputation beyond repute"> Chidi29's Avatar

Rod Woodson, Aaron Smith, Chris Hoke, Willie Parker, and Oliver Ross all at SVC as coaching/scouting interns.

https://twitter.com/SteelersPRBurt/s...56926108565506

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Brett Keisel @bkeisel99

If your wondering how I'm going to be arriving at camp this year, I'll give you a hint....my ride is Black and Gold! More clues to come.

U.S. AIR FORCE Array title="Hindes204 has much to be proud of"> Hindes204's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Count Steeler View Post
    Brett Keisel @bkeisel99

If your wondering how I'm going to be arriving at camp this year, I'll give you a hint....my ride is Black and Gold! More clues to come.
    Nice!! Keisels entrances to training camo are the greatest

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Keisel arrived in a dump truck.

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Gilbert had to be carted off the field after conditioning test.

Adams cleared to practice.

Spence, Miller, D Johnson, Ta'amu on PUP list.

- - - Updated - - -

Ed Bouchette @EdBouchette

#Steelers OT Marcus Gilbert passed his run test but was bending over for long period on the ground with teammates around him. Carted off.

Senior Member Array title="steeldawg is a jewel in the rough">

Gilbert had to be carted off the field after conditioning test.

Adams cleared to practice.

Spence, Miller, D Johnson, Ta'amu on PUP list.

- - - Updated - - -

#Steelers OT Marcus Gilbert passed his run test but was bending over for long period on the ground with teammates around him. Carted off.
    Injury or out of shape?

#Steelers place 4 on PUP: Heath Miller, David Johnson, Sean Spence and, with a new hamstring injury, Alameda Ta'amu

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by steeldawg View Post
    Injury or out of shape?
    Sounds like out of shape. Guess it was a surprise that camp was starting today.

Senior Member Array title="Nadroj 20 is just really nice"> Nadroj 20's Avatar

Ed Bouchette ‏@EdBouchette

Mike Tomlin said Ben Roethlisberger experiencing "a little discomfort" in his knee, but says it's not a setback. Knee surgery in June.
    "Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose"
    ~Rest In Peace HometownGal~

To clarify, no apparent injury to #Steelers Marcus Gilbert. He just looked pooped out after the run test and was carted off

How in the world do you post a picture of a tweet? When you click embed tweet on the "more" option on twitter it comes up with a picture of the tweet.

To clarify, no apparent injury to #Steelers Marcus Gilbert. He just looked pooped out after the run test and was carted off.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nadroj 20 View Post

To clarify, no apparent injury to #Steelers Marcus Gilbert. He just looked pooped out after the run test and was carted off

How in the world do you post a picture of a tweet? When you click embed tweet on the "more" option on twitter it comes up with a picture of the tweet.
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Keisel says he's wearing a hard hat because team is &quot;under construction&quot;</p>&mdash; Will Graves (@WillGravesAP) <a href="https://twitter.com/WillGravesAP/sta...77827328">July 26, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Welp...that didn't work.

Here's the instructions....if anybody figures it out, let the rest of us in on it.

https://dev.twitter.com/docs/embedded-tweets

- - - Updated - - -

Will Graves@WillGravesAP4h
    Keisel says he's wearing a hard hat because team is "under construction"

- - - Updated - - -

Ed Bouchette@EdBouchette6h
    Maurkice Pouncey again apologized for wearing Free Hernandez hat. Mike Tomlin spoke to him about it

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Keisel says he's wearing a hard hat because team is "under construction"</p>— Will Graves (@WillGravesAP) <a href="https://twitter.com/WillGravesAP/sta...77827328">July 26, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Welp...that didn't work.

Here's the instructions....if anybody figures it out, let the rest of us in on it.

https://dev.twitter.com/docs/embedded-tweets

- - - Updated - - -

Will Graves@WillGravesAP4h
    Keisel says he's wearing a hard hat because team is "under construction"
    That's what I kept doing!

I'm on it.

Now we will be treated to Tomlinisms via Twitter....shit just got real.

Ed Bouchette@EdBouchette5h
    Drum roll please: Mike Tomlin will join the Twitter world and start Tweeting this afternoon from #Steelers camp

Mike Tomlin@CoachTomlin5h
    Hello Twitter. Expect no BS from me. Just straight fire!

Still nothing.

I give up.

Dale Lolley@dlolleyor3h
    Mike Adams, Heath Miller walking around without issues at training camp. Miller without a brace #Steelers

I can take a screenshot of the tweet with my phone, upload it to photobucket and post it but that is too much like work.

Steelers Depot@Steelersdepot11m
    Steelers Videos: http://Steelers.com Update: Move In Day at Training Camp http://burgh.us/mtv #steelers

Quote Originally Posted by Nadroj 20 View Post
    I can't figure it out either. Just have to keep doing what we're doing I guess. I liked the idea of the actual tweet though.
    I mean, I know it can be done obviously. I just did it for another website. Just a weird glitch on the forums that isn't making it compatible?

Mark Kaboly@MarkKaboly_Trib32mI've been told that Marcus Gilbert is in excellent shape. So I am figuring he will be just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Chidi29 View Post
    I mean, I know it can be done obviously. I just did it for another website. Just a weird glitch on the forums that isn't making it compatible?
    Right I've seen it done as well. It would be a question for XT or fansince I'm guessing.

Quote Originally Posted by Chidi29 View Post
    I like it, too....that's a question for Gary or Eric.

Looks like there would have to be a change to the code for tweets to embed.

Mike Prisuta@DVEMike1h
    Tomlin said he's on Twitter (@CoachTomlin) to provide an example for his players and to know what his kids are up to. "Follow me," he said.

- - - Updated - - -

Ray Fittipaldo@rayfitt11hTomlin on Mike Adams: "He has full clearance." Will he practice? "He has full clearance."

Steelers Depot@Steelersdepot1h
    Ta'amu has a hamstring injury #steelers

Ike Taylor@Ike_SwagginU3m
    Y'all follow my F"n head coach...@CoachTomlin like right now...

Looks like Coach has his work cut out for him.

- - - Updated - - -

Mike Tomlin@CoachTomlin2mExcited to start the 2013 season. Mr. Rooney is getting ready to officially welcome the @steelers to training camp. pic.twitter.com/je6nc5uNwK

Benstonium.com

Good afternoon! At this juncture, @CoachTomlin is on Twitter. It is what it is. The standard is the standard, and we expect him to tweet responsibly.

Will Graves@WillGravesAP2h
    Tomlin on his Twitter acct: "spend a lot of time talking to our guys about what to do,k what not to do, might be time for me to show them"

Sounds like out of shape. Guess it was a surprise that camp was starting today.
    "I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play"

-- Jack Lambert --