Thread: Pirates Minor League Report

Spaghetti Time Array title="Chidi29 has a reputation beyond repute"> Chidi29's Avatar

Pirates Minor League Report

Part One of Two looking at how the Pirates Top 10 Prospects (According to Baseball America at the start of the year) have been fairing.

http://www.pittsburghsportingnews.co...league-report/

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Re: Pirates Minor League Report

Nice read-up, Alex. I'm really impressed by what Heredia has done so far, both in the FSL and so far at WV. He's the one kid no one's really talking about, but he has every bit as much talent as Cole and Taillon. I suspect by the time he's 20, he'll be making his ML debut.

Spaghetti Time Array title="Chidi29 has a reputation beyond repute"> Chidi29's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
    Nice read-up, Alex. I'm really impressed by what Heredia has done so far, both in the FSL and so far at WV. He's the one kid no one's really talking about, but he has every bit as much talent as Cole and Taillon. I suspect by the time he's 20, he'll be making his ML debut.
    Definitely. I think 20 is a bit of a stretch but to be able to compete at 18 against guys older and more experienced, it's impressive.

Heredia went 5 innings tonight, allowing just 1 earned. Struck out two.

U.S. AIR FORCE Array title="Hindes204 has much to be proud of"> Hindes204's Avatar

I like Heredia too, he's a big 18 year old at 6'6, 205 pounds. It'll be interesting to watch him develop over the next few years

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

To tell you the truth, as much as I like him, if he can be dealt as part of a package for an upgrade in RF or late-inning bullpen arm, they should do it. The emergence of Nick Kingham IMO has made him expendable.