Thread: Steeler Bar New Orleans

Senior Member Array title="I-Want-Troy's-Hair is an unknown quantity at this point">

Riverside, CA transplant from Steubenville OH

Steeler Bar New Orleans

First time to LA and saw there were about 4 or 5 steeler bars around the French Quarter. Has anyone been to any of the bars any recommendations? Thanks!
    "Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened."
    --Anatole France

Senior Member Array title="solardave is an unknown quantity at this point">

Re: Steeler Bar New Orleans

No but I'd say any Steeler bar is a good bar!

BRINGIN' IT! Array title="Indo is on a distinguished road"> Indo's Avatar

They are all pretty good, but my personal favorite is Parasols---it's not in the French Quarter, though. Depending where you are staying, you will need to take a taxi or the Street car---but it's several blocks off of the Street car line (which runs up/down St. Charles)
    The owner is from Pittsburgh (I believe) and it's where many of the Uptown locals go to watch the games...
    It's small and can be smoky, if that matters...it bothered me, but I was there to watch the B & G...
    "Chuck Noll is building one hell of a football team up in Pittsburgh. I look for the Steelers to be the team of the future. Just remember I said that."
    - - - Immortal Packers coach Vince Lombardi in 1970, two years before the Steelers even made the playoffs under Noll

Senior Member Array title="I-Want-Troy's-Hair is an unknown quantity at this point">

Riverside, CA transplant from Steubenville OH

Quote Originally Posted by Indo View Post
    They are all pretty good, but my personal favorite is Parasols---it's not in the French Quarter, though. Depending where you are staying, you will need to take a taxi or the Street car---but it's several blocks off of the Street car line (which runs up/down St. Charles)
    The owner is from Pittsburgh (I believe) and it's where many of the Uptown locals go to watch the games...
    It's small and can be smoky, if that matters...it bothered me, but I was there to watch the B & G...
    That place was on food networks Diners Drive in and Dives. They say they got best po'boys in town. Good food, the B&G I'm in. I'm really surprised they can smoke in bars, or do they live by the beat of their own drum.
    "Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened."
    --Anatole France

East Coast For Life Array title="kittenfantastico76 is an unknown quantity at this point"> kittenfantastico76's Avatar

I am so glad I read this - I am heading to NOLA for Mardi Gras this year - and while the season will be over by then [well after Super Bowl Sunday] I still want to check it out!!! Thank you for the info!
    http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3106/3248331900_c291a2c785_o.gif

East Coast For Life Array title="kittenfantastico76 is an unknown quantity at this point"> kittenfantastico76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I-Want-Troy's-Hair View Post
    That place was on food networks Diners Drive in and Dives. They say they got best po'boys in town. Good food, the B&G I'm in. I'm really surprised they can smoke in bars, or do they live by the beat of their own drum.

Most Southern places haven't started the whole NO SMOKING in bars or have left it up to owners for the time being. Plenty of places around here are still Smoking establishments. I hate it as a non-smoker but then again I'm used to it for now.
    http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3106/3248331900_c291a2c785_o.gif

Junior Member Array title="Dick723 is an unknown quantity at this point"> Dick723's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kittenfantastico76 View Post
    Most Southern places haven't started the whole NO SMOKING in bars or have left it up to owners for the time being. Plenty of places around here are still Smoking establishments. I hate it as a non-smoker but then again I'm used to it for now.
    But they practice no smoking here in North Carolina. This state was founded on tobacco. Home of Winston Salem NC??? I quit smoking but do find it funny you can smoke on the reservation but no where else in the state