Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The "N-word".

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: The "N-word".

In light of Sterling's latest "racial comments," perhaps the best picture ever from a Clippers game?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seven View Post
    Great post, Zu. There are many double standards like this in our country that are ridiculous. I've been called "cracker" in settings that would shock you by people that would shock you. But I sure as hell know if I dropped "the N word" (very tempted just to use it since it's ONLY A WORD) in those same settings I would have gotten assaulted, sued or fired. Racial slurs are a product of thin skinned individuals. I get there is a history behind certain words that people deem offensive, but we should honestly be over it by now. And if it is TRULY offensive don't go around using it. I bet the vast majority of my generation of blacks uses the word to refer to friends. All of the black friends I have use it with the exception of maybe one guy. Double standards. We see it with every subset of our culture. I'm not saying whites or Latinos or Asians don't suffer from or benefit from them either, but the N word is a frustrating example and I'm glad you brought the topic up. Everyone should use it or no one should.
    Nice post cracker.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    In light of Sterling's latest "racial comments," perhaps the best picture ever from a Clippers game?

LOL
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post

Apparently no one picked up on the irony that Sterling is the owner of a franchise in a league where the vast majority of the players are black, and yet the old, senile idiot...and former cheapskate along the lines of Baghdad Bob Nutting...gets caught allegedly saying that to his BI-RACIAL girlfriend.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seven View Post
    Great post, Zu. There are many double standards like this in our country that are ridiculous. I've been called "cracker" in settings that would shock you by people that would shock you. But I sure as hell know if I dropped "the N word" (very tempted just to use it since it's ONLY A WORD) in those same settings I would have gotten assaulted, sued or fired. Racial slurs are a product of thin skinned individuals. I get there is a history behind certain words that people deem offensive, but we should honestly be over it by now. And if it is TRULY offensive don't go around using it. I bet the vast majority of my generation of blacks uses the word to refer to friends. All of the black friends I have use it with the exception of maybe one guy. Double standards. We see it with every subset of our culture. I'm not saying whites or Latinos or Asians don't suffer from or benefit from them either, but the N word is a frustrating example and I'm glad you brought the topic up. Everyone should use it or no one should.
    But heres the problem with "betting" that the vast majority of whatever race uses a certain racial slur with a horrible history around it: Many of them actually dont use them at all for those very reasons. Your sample of black friends seems to be completely different than mine. The point is that no individual person's sample of friends is enough to make an assumption about how they use a certain word. Of course if they are dumb enough to hypocritically use a word to refer to a friend, yet be offended if someone else calls you the same word, then of course it perpetuates more racism. That still does not validate the continued use of the word by any party.

ask yourselves folks, why the fuck would you even be mad about double standards revolving around the usage of the word ****** anyways? its not like you plan on using the damn word anyways. RIGHT? I certainly hope not.

If the answer to the above question is "because of double standards," well, you are valid in your reasoning. But you are again invalid in your reasoning if you dont see why black people should be offended by "just a word."

The notion that "everyone should use it or no should" is just plain wrong. that applies to any racist term. anyone who WANTS to walk around with the ability to call people cracker, ******, chink, kike, gook, wetback, etc. are just fucked up and need help.

my 2 cents
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/shocki...140632940.html

so....who still wants to defend this scumbag
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/shocki...140632940.html

so....who still wants to defend this scumbag
    Where was the outcry from Stern? Pisses me off that these commishes rule according to public opinion and public perception. If the story doesn't go away after 3 days, they have to do something, if not, just let it slide.

If you have standards, it doesn't matter if the story makes the news or not. Once the person in authority hears about it, it should be dealt with, consistently and fairly. Not according to how much attention it is garnering in the media.

All commishes should have CYA at the end of their titles.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Crazy thing is this dumbass was about to receive an NAACP award.

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    for the 2nd time if i recall correctly...

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

His punishment should have been to accept that award in person after making those comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

lol

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Who is the real dummy?

Quote Originally Posted by Count Steeler View Post
    Who is the real dummy?
    See my post in the other thread. Kareem Abdul Jabaar lays it out there for all the dummies.

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Just another one of society's double-standards.
    Hater = Realist

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

I keep forgetting that black people are the only people to ever suffer from being enslaved. And here I thought every race has experienced being enslaved. Silly me. I was all set to use the Irish Slave Trade excuse as a crutch/excuse in 2015, but I guess I can't now.
    Hater = Realist

Senior Member Array title="BnG_Hevn has much to be proud of"> BnG_Hevn's Avatar
    Battleball Champion!

When it comes to this country, black slavery trumps all. If you were not enslaved on US soil (your ancestors) then you don't count.

I still say that Muhammed Ali got it right when asked the question about Africa when he was fighting (I think) Foreman, his response was "I'm glad my ancestors were taken as slaves to the US", paraphrased of course. I don't remember his exact words.

- - - Updated - - -

From wikipedia - https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Muhammad_Ali#Quotes_about_Ali

In the early 1970s Muhammad Ali fought for the heavyweight title against George Foreman. The fight was held in the African nation of Zaire; it was insensitively called the "rumble in the jungle." Ali won the fight, and upon returning to the United States, he was asked by a reporter, "Champ, what did you think of Africa?" Ali replied, "Thank God my granddaddy got on that boat!" There is a characteristic mischievous pungency to Ali's remark, yet it also expresses a widely held sentiment. Ali recognizes that for all the horror of slavery, it was the transmission belt that brought Africans into the orbit of Western freedom. The slaves were not better off—the boat Ali refers to brought the slaves through a horrific Middle Passage to a life of painful servitude—yet their descendants today, even if they won't admit it, are better off. Ali was honest enough to admit it.
    “They say all marriages are made in heaven, but so are thunder and lightning.”
    ― Clint Eastwood